DFS MLB Plays 9-22
Back to the normal 2 Cash, 3 GPP on FanDuel and 1 Cash, 3 GPP on DraftKings tonight. Back to 3 GPP on DK!
Arrieta is the top option at pitcher but we recommend placing an emphasis on the Pirates bats before anything else tonight.
- Jake Arrieta
- Tyson Ross
- John Lackey
- Danny Salazar
- Gio Gonzalez
- Tom Koehler
- Lance McCullers
- Logan Verrett
- Alex Wood
- Chris Heston
- Jose Quintana
- Hisashi Iwakuma
Jake Arrieta is the clear cut top play tonight in a good matchup where he is a massive -300 favorite. There really isn’t much to say about Arrieta here… If you’ve been paying attention to MLB this season you know Jake is having a great year and the Brewers are an awful team without Lucroy and Braun. Tyson Ross, John Lackey and Danny Salazar are 3 very different pitchers that project very similarly for us tonight. Salazar is the high variance, high strikeout guy against a Twins team that statistically isn’t very good against RHP. John Lackey is the work horse that will pitch deep into games, limit run scoring and has a strong win probability with a good offense and bullpen behind him. Tyson Ross is the “Safe” guy at home where he has a great park to pitch in with good strikeout upside.
- Francisco Cervelli – Cervelli was the top play last night and he grabs the spot again tonight in an even better matchup against a LHP at Coors Field. The Pirates are by far the #1 offense to target tonight and Cervelli is a nice way to get exposure.
- Tom Murphy – Good punt option if you want to fade Cervelli for whatever reason.
- Evan Gattis – Gattis and the Astros project as one of our top stacks tonight. Santiago is a fly ball pitcher which gives Gattis big HR upside tonight.
- Brian McCann
- Victor Martinez – Tigers are somewhat of a sneaky stack tonight. Victor has the prime RBI spot and a favorable price tag.
1st Base Rankings
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo is once again the top play tonight in a dreamy matchup for the Cubs against a young RHP. The price tag is a little steep but he has certainly earned that price tag.
- Lucas Duda – Duda and the Mets have tournament upside tonight and Duda has a fair price point.
- Paul Goldschmidt
- Jose Abreu
- Miguel Cabrera – I love this spot for the Tigers. Miggy could easily be the top overall play tonight.
2nd Base Rankings
- Jose Altuve – Altuve and the Astros get another LHP at home in Houston. The Astros are another top offensive target tonight.
- Dee Gordon – Gordon is almost always in play in tournaments becaues of the speed upside. Nothing different tonight… ranks well but definitely a GPP only play.
- Neil Walker – We always prefer Walker against RHP.. who knows if he will even be in the lineup for sure tonight but at Coors Field we will take him against LHP because of the team matchup and run scoring environment.
- Jason Kipnis – Kipnis is the guy that is just under priced for his skill set and lineup spot. The matchup with Ervin Santana is a favorable one for Kipnis.
- DJ LeMahieu – Always in play at home at Coors.
3rd Base Rankings
- Aramis Ramirez – Aramis delivered last night and he is once again a top play tonight if he is in the lineup. Once again, focus on the Pirates offense tonight.
- Nolan Arenado – Arenado is a nice play in tournaments but the price tag is a little too aggressive for cash games tonight.
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter late in the season is one of the best DFS players every year… nothing has changed this year. Strong tournament play and contrarian cash play.
- Josh Harrison – Harrison doesn’t get to play often but he ranks very well in the model… fire away if he gets a start tonight.
- Kris Bryant
- Travis Shaw
- Carlos Correa – Correa is the clear cut top play for us at short stop… like he has been for the last month or two. The power and speed upside are unmatched by anyone at the position.
- Xander Bogaerts
- Jordy Mercer – Mercer is a notorious lefty masher and typically just a platoon player who draws spot starts against LHP. Great play tonight if he gets the start at Coors Field.
- Jhonny Peralta – The price point is just nuts here. Always a strong cash game target because of his lineup spot.
- Alexei Ramirez
Outfield Tier 1:
Andrew McCutchen, Starling Marte, Dexter Fowler, Kyle Schwarber, Curtis Granderson, Bryce Harper, Jason Heyward
Outfield Tier 2:
Jose Bautista, Jacoby Ellsbury, Avisail Garcia, Trayce Thompson, J.D. Martinez, Chris Coghlan, Mookie Betts, Rajai Davis
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Pirates – McCutchen, Marte, Harrison, Ramirez, Cervelli
Astros – Altuve, Correa, Springer, Gattis
Cubs – Rizzo, Fowler, Schwarber, Coghlan
Tigers – Davis, Kinsler, Cabrera, Martinez, Martinez
Rockies – Arenado, LeMahieu, Murphy, Rosario, Gonzalez