Friday, August 7th DFS MLB Plays
- Clayton Kershaw
- Jose Fernandez
- Jacob deGrom
- Gerrit Cole
- Sonny Gray
- Cole Hamels
- Dallas Keuchel
- James Shields
- Hisashi Iwakuma
- Aaron Nola
- Julio Teheran
- Andrew Heaney
- Lance Lynn
- Jake Odorizzi
What a difference a day makes for pitching! We have several top tier pitching options throwing tonight. Clayton Kershaw is the clear cut top play on the road against the Pirates. The matchup with Cole does significantly reduce the win probability but its still holding strong at -145 with a total of just 6 runs. Jose Fernandez, Jacob deGrom and Gerrit Cole are all very close in the model with Cole being the lowest of the three due to the matchup with Kershaw. Fernandez grabs the next in line spot as he is the largest favorite of the top 4 pitchers tonight. The Marlins should be able to provide enough run support with their LHB against Teheran. Sonny Gray and Cole Hamels are great tournament plays with upside tonight as they face the Astros and the Rangers. Iwakuma has fantastic for us last time out but I’m expecting a significantly less impressive performance tonight as the Rangers visit so we will only be interested in Iwakuma for tournaments.
- Brian McCann – Top play hitting 5th with the short porch at Yankee Stadium. Yankees WILL score more than 2 runs tonight.
- Victor Martinez – V-Mart rewarded us in a big way yesterday with a 2 HR game. Martinez is just way too cheap for the skill set and the catcher eligibility.
- Tucker Barnhart – Nice little park shift for the Reds as they travel to Chase Field and get the guaranteed 9th inning AB’s.
- Yan Gomes
- Salvador Perez – Nice matchup for Perez (hits lefties well) at home against John Danks. Danks has had a few nice outings this year, but the Royals are a good contact hitting team that should be able to get to Danks.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the clear cut top play if price is no concern. Nice matchup with a young pitcher at Chase Field.
- Joey Votto – Votto is a RotoMinds favorite due to his elite on base numbers and power upside. Nice park shift for the Reds tonight at Chase.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin is on fire right now and fortunately for us we have been on him during this hot streak. We have recently touched on Edwin’s reverse splits and extreme power vs RHP. Great spot for the Jays where we are guaranteed the 9th inning AB which is huge from a team with this much power.
- Mark Teixeira – The Yankees have really let us down recently but you all know how stubborn I can be… Back to the well!
- Carlos Santana – Switch hitter with pop… should go under owned tonight on a full slate
2nd Base Rankings
- Ben Zobrist – Zobrist seems to have taken over the 2 hole spot for the Royals which is a great spot for the switch hitter. This is his home debut for the Royals and I think he has a big night against John Danks.
- Ivan De Jesus – Great play if he makes the lineup tonight at Chase.
- Anthony Rendon – Great value on the Nats bats tonight which is important if you’re paying up for Kershaw.
- Ian Kinsler – Kinsler had a monster game yesterday and he is playing well recently. Nice tournament play.
- Dee Gordon – Gordon was nice last night and he has a similar matchup tonight with a pitcher who struggles with LHB with speed.
- Brandon Phillips – Chase Field.
3rd Base Rankings
- Todd Frazier – Another Reds player that ranks well… largely due to park factor against a very average pitcher.
- Miguel Sano – Sano has been kind to us we are just always a little cautious with these rookies since the sample size is limited. Decent park to play in tonight in an important division game.
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod at home in a playoff type atmosphere. This is a huge series for the Yankees at home.
- Matt Carpenter – We are pretty high on the Cardinals tonight in a big park shift in Milwaukee. Carpenter is a great play in all formats against a very young pitcher in a hitters park.
- Derek Dietrich – Dietrich was great last night and I regret not having exposure because of the rain. Love Dietrich hitting 2nd against a guy who struggles with lefties.
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson at Yankee Stadium in an important series for the red hot Jays. Yes please.
- Jake Lamb – Lamb is finally looking like the player he is touted to be. Nice matchup at home against a pitcher who has issues with lefties.
- Xander Bogaerts/Josh Rutledge
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is going to be featured here pretty much every day for the rest of the season. Yankee Stadium is a great place to hit and get a 9th inning team AB for the lead off man.
- Alcides Escobar – Nice source of salary cap relief in a matchup with John Danks.
- Jhonny Peralta – Miller Park is kind to a player like Peralta. Likely under owned tonight.
- Egenio Suarez
- Jose Iglesias – Big upside if hitting top 3 again.
Outfield Tier 1:
Lorenzo Cain, Michael Brantley, J.D. Martinez, David Peralta, Jose Bautista, Mike Trout, A.J. Pollock, Jason Heyward, Randal Grichuk
Outfield Tier 2:
Jayson Werth, Marlon Byrd, Yasmany Tomas, Ender Inciarte, Christian Yelich, Jacoby Ellsbury, Carlos Beltran, Brett Gardner, Ben Revere
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Yankees – Rodriguez, Ellsbury, Gardner, Teixeira, Beltran
Blue Jays -Donaldson, Encarnacion, Bautista, Tulowitzki, Revere
Cardinals – Carpenter, Heyward, Wong, Grichuk, Moss
Tigers – Kinsler, Martinez, Martinez, Gose, Iglesias
Royals – Cain, Zobrist, Escobar, Morales, Perez
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Pollock, Peralta, Tomas, Lamb
Reds – Votto, Frazier, Hamilton, De Jesus, Pena