Friday, August 14th DFS MLB Plays
A large 14 game slate tonight with a Coors Field series. Some of the analysis will be a little shorter today due to the obvious need to target Coors Field in cash games.
- Max Scherzer
- David Price
- Corey Kluber
- Jaime Garcia
- Dallas Keuchel
- Alex Wood
- Julio Teheran
- Robbie Ray
- Ubaldo Jimenez
- Matt Cain
Max Scherzer gets the top spot at pitcher tonight on the road against the Giants. Max has seen a nice bump in K rate since moving to the NL and gets a very friendly park to pitch in tonight. Scherzer is a pretty large favorite on the road in the game with the lowest total of them all tonight at just 6.5 runs. David Price is next in line and could easily be the top play tonight as the Jays take on the Yankees. The park is obviously poor for pitching but Price is one of the best pitchers in baseball and the Blue Jays offense should provide Price with run support like hasn’t experience this season. The Blue Jays are a massive -225 favorite tonight which tells us the implied win probability is high for Price. Kluber has a pretty average matchup on the road in Minnesota but he will be pushed to a tournament only play tonight with Price and Scherzer available. Jaime Garcia is next in line… which may seem kind of funny but the implied win probability is large which really improves his projection on a site like FanDuel where they reward heavily for the pitcher win. Keuchel has upside and downside against the Tigers on the road in Houston. Miguel Cabrera might return tonight for the Tigers which significantly improves the Tigers offense. Teheran and Ray both have big upside as they face each other in Atlanta. Teheran has big upside but he really struggles with LHB… definitely tournament only plays here.
- Derek Norris – Norris is the obvious top play at catcher tonight if you have the cap to spend up for him on FanDuel. Typically spending on the catcher position isn’t ideal while paying for pitching but tonight I think there is definitely an exception where you can prioritize Norris in all formats to get Coors exposure in a great lineup spot.
- Russll Martin – Martin is in the Jays lineup tonight. A lineup that is completely healthy for tonight’s game… big upside with several RBI opportunities waiting.
- Stephen Vogt – Good park shift for the A’s but Ubaldo has been decent. Very interested to see this one play out. A’s have contrarian stack value.
- Jonathan Lucroy – The Brewers are back at home and they get a young LHP tonight. Lucory will have a great lineup spot and he is a great value play on FanDuel and a nice pivot from Norris
- Victor Martinez – Love Victor in GPP… especially if Miggy returns tonight in Houston.
1st Base Rankings
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin is back in the lineup but we have minor injury concerns. Edwin is a reverse splits guy facing a big reverse splits RHP tonight at home. Big HR upside here but the price tag forces our hand to tournaments only on FanDuel.
- Prince Fielder – The Rangers are back home in Texas against a young pitcher that has been solid. We will limit out Rangers exposure to the LHB like Prince.
- Carlos Santana – Nice matchup for switch hitting Santana hitting 4th. Will go under owned tonight on a full slate.
- Ben Paulsen
- Eric Hosmer – Hosmer is playing really well right now and he gets Weaver tonight. Tournament play.
- Justin Smoak – Love the Blue Jays
2nd Base Rankings
- Jedd Gyorko – Top play at 2B and cheapest way to get exposure to Coors Field game. Strong target in cash games.
- Logan Forsythe – Big upside that will go under owned in tournaments with a prime lineup spot.
- Robinson Cano – Decent park for the Mariners. Tournament play.
- DJ LeMahieu – Coors Field special. You know the drill with DJ.
- Enrique Hernandez
3rd Base Rankings
- Manny Machado – Top play in the model at 3B against a pitcher we have little data on. The O’s have big upside tonight at it starts with Machado.
- Evan Longoria – Longoria vs a LHP used to be automatic but he has lost a step. Decent park tonight so there is tournament value for sure.
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson is probably going to hit another HR tonight… that’s just what he does and his price reflects that.
- Yangervis Solarte – Another nice way to get Coors exposure with a guy who has multiple positional eligibility on DK.
- Miguel Sano – Very contrarian tournament play against Kluber.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the top hitting SS in the game. Big upside in a stacked Jays lineup.
- Jose Reyes – Elite lineup spot playing at home at Coors Field. Big upside hitting and on the bases against a pitcher who struggles with walks.
- Clint Barmes/Alexi Amarista – Coors Field makes them viable in all formats depending on lineup spot.
- Jose Iglesias – Has crushed lefties all year… gains even more value if Miggy returns
- Francisco Lindor
Outfield Tier 1:
Jose Bautista, Justin Upton, Mike Trout, Michael Brantley, Bryce Harper, Preston Tucker, Ryan Braun, Josh Reddick, Nelson Cruz, Carlos Gonzalez, Matt Kemp
Outfield Tier 2:
Desmond Jennings, Charlie Blackmon, Carlos Gomez, Joey Butler, Mitch Moreland, Shin-Soo Choo, Odubel Herrera, J.D. Martinez
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Padres – Norris, Upton, Kemp, Solarte, Gyorko
Rockies – Reyes, Gonzalez, Blackmon, Arenado
Brewers – Braun, Lucroy, Davis, Segura
Astros – Altuve, Gomez, Correa, Tucker
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, Tulowitzki – Most explosive offense in baseball in a great park… stack em up!
Rays – Jennings, Guyer, Longoria, Forsythe, Casali – Rays should be low owned… wish Jaso was in the lineup but Desmond Jennings is back and a nice addition to the team
Orioles – Jones, Machado, Davis, Wieters – We don’t really having meaningful data on Mills but we know this is a tough place to make a spot start… stack the O’s if you have multiple entries.