Friday, August 21st DFS MLB Plays
Full slate tonight with top tier pitching and Coors Field.
- Chris Sale
- Madison Bumgarner
- David Price
- Felix Hernandez
- John Lackey
- Carlos Carrasco
- Johnny Cueto
- Masahiro Tanaka
- Gio Gonzalez
- Jimmy Nelson
Several viable options at pitcher tonight with 4 of the best pitchers in baseball pitching in relatively nice matchups/ballparks. Chris Sale earns the top spot on the road in a nice park shift against a lefty heavy team like Seattle. Projecting the win is somewhat difficult here with Felix Hernandez pitching for the Mariners. Vegas has this game as a coin flip with a slight edge towards Sale. Madison Bumgarner is next in line and could easily be the top play with his recent performance…. unfortunately he is priced very aggressively tonight against the Pirates. Felix Hernandez has a low win probability due to the matchup with Sale but he has a ton of upside and a nice price point on DraftKings under $10k. David Price is a nice play in a good park shift on the road against the Angels. John Lackey gets a nice park to pitch in against a weak Padres offense.
- Victor Martinez – Victor Martines ranks as our top catcher again tonight despite the good matchups for Castillo and d’Arnaud. Victor is a staple in cash games at his price with his switch hitting ability.
- Wellington Castillo – Big upside tonight for the Beef. Great tournament play but he is priced pretty aggressively on FanDuel.
- Travis d’Arnaud – Love the Mets with power tonight at Coors Field… d’Arnaud has a great shot at hitting a HR tonight.
- Matt Wieters – Another switch hitting catcher. O’s should have a much better game tonight.
- Nick Hundley
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy was awful last night like Rizzo was the night before… Rizzo hit a HR last night… Tonight is Goldschmidt’s turn to hit the HR. Nice price on Goldy.
- Joey Votto
- Lucas Duda – Huge park shift for Duda and the Mets at Coors Field.
- Miguel Cabrera – Love the Tigers again tonight after a mediocre performance last night they should have reduced ownership levels
- Prince Fielder
- Ben Paulsen – Paulsen is playing well for the Rockies. Great matchup with Bartolo Colon at Coors
2nd Base Rankings
- Jose Altuve – Altuve is the top play at 2B if price isn’t an issue. Altuve is a staple against LHP and he gets to play at home tonight against a pitcher that struggles often.
- Brian Dozier – Dozier and the Twins get a LHP in a good park. A park that is averaging 3 HR per game this season. Great spot for Dozier tonight.
- DJ LeMahieu – Big upside agianst Bartolo Colon
- Wilmer Flores – Flores is a top play.. amazing what Coors Field can do for baseball and the model in general.
- Ian Kinsler – Low owned contrarian play at 2B tonight.
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson is still the top play in a huge negative park shift. Great spot to grab Donaldson low owned in a tournament
- Daniel Murphy – Another Met! Murphy has mutli hit upside here tonight at Coors Field.
- Nolan Arenado
- Miguel Sano – We love Sano tonight against a LHP in a great park that gives up HR’s. Data is limited on the rookie but his numbers are elite.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo will be low owned tonight in a poor park but he is the top play in the model
- Marwin Gonzalez – Marwin! We love Marwin against LHP as he typically gets a good lineup spot for the Astros and has big upside at the plate and on the bases.
- Jose Reyes – Reyes vs Colon at Coors… sign me up. Could easily be the top play.
- Ruben Tejada
Outfield Tier 1:
Adam Jones, Bryce Harper, Lorenzo Cain, Carlos Gonzalez, Ben Zobrist, A.J. Pollock, Yoenis Cespedes, Curtis Granderson, Charlie Blackmon, J.D. Martinez, Michael Cuddyer
Outfield Tier 2:
Nolan Reimold, Jose Bautista, Brandon Barnes, Mitch Moreland, Delino DeShields, Jason Heyward, Yasmany Tomas, Kelly Johnson, Ryan Braun, Alex Rios
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Rockies – Gonzalez, Blackmon, Reyes, Paulsen, Arenado, LeMahieu
Mets – Granderson, Cespedes, Duda, Murphy, Flores, Tejada
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Pollock, Castillo, Ahmed
Orioles – Machado, Jones, Parra, Wieters, Hardy
Royals – Cain, Zobrist, Morales, Escobar, Perez
Tigers – Martinez, Martinez, Cabrera, Gose, Kinsler