Friday, August 27th DFS MLB Plays
2 Cash, 3 GPP for FanDuel and 1 Cash, 2 GPP for DraftKings.
- Clayton Kershaw
- Max Scherzer
- Francisco Liriano
- Matt Harvey
- Cole Hamels
- Masahiro Tanaka
- Ian Kennedy
- Rasiel Iglesias
- Michael Wacha
- Sonny Gray
A large 15 game slate with a ton of top tier pitching options tonight. Clayton Kershaw is the clear cut top play at home at Dodger stadium against the free swinging Cubs. Kershaw has double digit strikeout upside every time out and tonight he has 15+ K upside against this Cubs team. Max Scherzer has been a little rocky lately but he is definitely in play in all formats tonight at home against the Marlins. The Nationals bats should provide more than enough run support for Max to pick up a win tonight. Francisco Liriano is the best game cash play from a price stand point. Obviously saying Liriano is the best cash play is a terrifying, but the Rockies just aren’t a very good team and many of their best hitters are left handed. Our model likes Cole Hamels a lot tonight but he does have a tough park to pitch in against a team that could explode at any moment so he is better suited for tournament play. Rasiel Iglesias has been very good lately for the Reds and the Brewers just aren’t very good vs RHP. Iglesias is a fine tournament option tonight that has upside.
- Brian McCann – McCann becomes the top play with Martin out of the lineup tonight. McCann faces his former team in a park he is familiar with in ATL. Williams Perez has really struggled with lefties this season. Guaranteed 9th inning team AB for the Yanks tonight.
- Stephen Vogt – Vogt and the A’s get a massive park shift tonight in Arizona against a pitcher that doesn’t typically miss many bats. Vogt has big upside in a hitters park.
- Victor Martinez – Switch hitter who gets a nice park shift against R.A. Dickey. He isn’t the best play from his team but the Tigers do rank very well in the model.
- Yan Gomes – Gomes has hit LHP well in his career. Heaney is having a good year but its a negative park shift for Heaney. Gomes is a fine play in all formats if you think Heaney is due for a little regression.
- Buster Posey – Great price point on Posey tonight but a poor matchup with Wacha. GPP only play
1st Base Rankings
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy ranks as the top play in a nice park shift against R.A. Dickey. Another opportunity to guarantee 9th inning AB’s for the Tigers.
- Jose Abreu – Abreu is a very interesting play that I expect to be relatively low owned tonight with other options in better matchups. Walker has been very good but he is dealing with a decent negative park shift. GPP only play.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Once again we prefer Edwin in R vs R matchups but he should have scoring opportunities tonight and a few R vs R AB’s in the bullpen if things go as planned.
- Prince Fielder – The price has really fallen on Prince. Prince is at a level where he is cash game viable at this price point regardless of matchup.
- Mark Teixeira
2nd Base Rankings
- Anthony Rendon – Rendon is the top play at 2B against a young LHP on the road. Rendon is really playing well since returning from the Coors Field series.
- Danny Espinosa – Espinosa is also in the lineup tonight and has extra value as a switch hitter.
- Neil Walker – Good spot for Neil Walker despite a poor park.
- Scooter Gennett
- Darnell Sweeney – DK Punt play
- Ian Kinsler – Good history vs the knuckle baller in a good park. Guaranteed 9th inning team AB for the Tigers.
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson – Clear cut top play and arguably the top overall hitter tonight. Donaldson at home vs a very young LHP.
- David Wright – David Wright has crushed LHP in his career and he gets a solid matchup tonight against a rookie LHP (Henry Ownes). The Mets are hitting lights out right now so this is a great spot for Wright who is hitting clean up tonight.
- Matt Carpenter – Poor park but a playoff atmosphere is what Carpenter likes the most. Great tournament play.
- Brett Lawrie – Contrarian play that I like for tournaments tonight in a good park shift in Arizona.
- Chase Headley – Value depends on lineup spot.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is easily the top play at SS and is in play in all formats against the young LHP in that park.
- Carlos Correa – GPP only but big HR and speed upside.
- Jung-Ho Kang – Kang and the Pirates get Rockies rookie John Gray at home tonight. The park shift is helpful for Gray but Kang ranks well in the model and draws a nice lineup spot.
- Ian Desmond – Desmond has huge upside against LHP and he gets a boost in lineup spot tonight hitting 5th. Desmond is a great play in all formats tonight and he should go a little under owned with Tulo in such a great spot.
- Jose Iglesias – Iglesias has excellent pitch values vs knuckleballs (limited sample) but a poor lineup spot. Igleasias is one of my favorite punt plays tonight.
Outfield Tier 1:
Nelson Cruz, Jose Bautista, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, J.D. Martinez, Jayson Werth, Andrew McCutchen, Franklin Gutierrez, Jacoby Ellsbury, Brett Gardner
Outfield Tier 2:
Mitch Moreland, Josh Reddick, Carlos Beltran, Rajai Davis, Juan Lagares, Chris Colabello, Austin Jackson, Kevin Pillar, Billy Burns, Mark Canha
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Bautista, Tulowitzki, Colabello, Pillar
Nationals – Rendon, Espinosa, Werth, Harper
Tigers – Cabrera, J. Martinez, Kinsler, Davis, V. Martinez
Yankees – Ellsbury, Gardner, McCann, Beltran, Headley
Rangers – Fielder, Moreland, Choo, Odor
Athletics – Vogt, Lawrie, Reddick , Canha