Friday, September 4th DFS MLB Plays
2 Cash, 3 GPP for FanDuel and 1 Cash, 2 GPP for DraftKings.
- Jacob deGrom
- Carlos Martinez
- Mike Bolsinger
- Collin McHugh
- James Shields
- Tanner Roark
- Luis Severino
- Garrett Richards
- Kris Medlen
- Joe Kelly
Corey Kluber has been scratched from his start to the top play becomes a little more clear cut with Jacob deGrom in a great pitchers park in Miami against the worst team in MLB against RHP. deGrom is the top target for your cash games tonight. After deGrom things get a little uncomfortable from a cash game stand point. Carlos Martinez is the next in line guy but the Pirates are a decent team that could give him issues at times. Bolsinger ranks well in the model but he definitely has several risks associated with him plus you get to worry about that Dodgers bullpen because there is little chance he pitches a complete game here. Collin McHugh ranks very well for me in tournaments tonight against a Twins team that is dangerous at times… the Twins can still strikeout a ton against RHP. I like McHugh as a lower owned tournament play. Tanner Roark is back in the rotation (making a spot start most likely) after spending most of the season in the bullpen. The Braves are a mess right now so I really like Roark and his price tag. I think Roark is an acceptable SP2 on DK if you pair him with deGrom. Finally, Kris Medlen has been pretty solid for the Royals but he is still on a pitch count. He is a very efficient pitcher so he should still pitch into the 6th and he has a solid shot at a win if the Royals bats continue to produce like they have this week.
- Buster Posey/Andrew Susac – Buster Posey is the clear cut top play at catcher hitting at Coors Field against a LHP. Posey is familiar with this matchup where he has 30 AB’s against Jorge De La Rosa. Posey is the number 2 overall hitter in the on base model.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Lucroy gets a road game (guranteed 9th inning team AB) from a prime lineup spot against a very hittable young pitcher. Lucroy is a strong target in all formats tonight if you’re not paying up for Posey.
- Matt Wieters – Nice park for the O’s. Baltimore has been awful lately so hopefully that drops ownership levels a bit. Pesonally I think the O’s could be one of the top stacks tonight based on my data if we are able to ignore receny bias.
- Yasmani Grandal
- Nick Hundley
1st Base Rankings
- Justin Morneau – Morneau is back in the lineup for the Rockies tonight and he gets a juicy matchup with Chris Heston who doesn’t miss many bats but also has struggled with command in general in his last few starts.
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy is in play every single day. Kluber has been scratched so the matchup has improved.
- Joey Votto – Votto and the Reds get Garza at home in a great park. Garza has been pretty terrible lately and many of the Reds players have seen Garza several times in thier careers.
- Adrian Gonzalez – Adrian Gonzalez has seen his price drop similar to what we saw with Prince Fielder. Great play if you like the matchup with James Shields.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin at home in a R vs R matchup. The price point is aggressive… tournament only play.
- Adam Lind
2nd Base Rankings
- Kelby Tomlinson – Tomlinson is the top play with multi position eligibility on DraftKings making him extra valuable.
- Robinson Cano – Seattle is a sneaky stack tonight against Aaron Brooks. Brooks can be really good or really bad and you will know early.
- Anthony Rendon – The Nationals get Teheran and the awful Braves team tonight that is just completely lost right now.
- DJ LeMahieu
- Jose Altuve
3rd Base Rankings
- Justin Turner – Turner is similar to Edwin Encarnacion where we like him in R vs R matchups because of the power upside. Tonight he gets R vs R against a pitcher that struggles with giving up HR’s. Great tournament play.
- Nolan Arenado – Arenado and Cargo are both on fire for Colorado just trading HR’s with each other. Have to love the matchup with Chris Heston tonight at Coors.
- Matt Duffy – Take advantage of the Giants park shift where you can.
- Manny Machado – Great tournament play with HR upside in a great park and the garanteed 9th inning team AB. I like the O’s stack tonight.
- Todd Frazier – The FD price point is just ridiculous. Fine play in all formats at this price.
- Carlos Correa – Great tournament play with speed and power upside. The Astros are back to full strength tonigth with Springer which helps everyone on the team.
- Troy Tulowitzki
- Xander Bogaerts – Xander is one of our favorites at SS vs LHP. Nice play tonight
- Jhonny Peralta
- Christian Adames
Outfield Tier 1:
Carlos Gonzalez, Bryce Harper, Lorenzo Cain, Mike Trout, Charlie Blackmon, Ben Zobrist, Marlon Byrd, J.D. Martinez, Jake Smolinski, Jose Bautista, George Springer
Outfield Tier 2:
Hanley Ramirez, Mookie Betts, Ben Revere, Jay Bruce, Jason Bourgeois, Nori Aoki, Jonny Gomes, Gerardo Parra
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Rockies – Gonzalez, Blackmon, Arenado, Reyes, Paulsen
Giants – Posey, Byrd, Tomlinson, Duffy
Reds – Votto, Frazier, Bruce, Bourgeois, Phillips
Blue Jays – Encarnacion, Revere, Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Bautista
Nationals – Harper, Robinson, Rendon, Zimmerman
Orioles – Machado, Parra, Jones, Schoop, Wieters, Davis