Friday Daily Plays
- Max Scherzer
- Francisco Liriano
- Johnny Cueto
- Tyson Ross
- Corey Kluber
- Jake Arrieta
- Anibal Sanchez
Max Scherzer is the obvious top play tonight in a matchup with the Phillies. Mad Max has been amazing in his last two starts. We don’t need to spend much time talking about Max tonight… It’s pretty obvious that he is the top target if you have the cap space. The price tag is a little excessive on DraftKings but he is definitely in play on FanDuel even at 12.5k. After Scherzer there is a decent drop to the next tier which includes 4 pitchers tonight: Liriano, Cueto, Ross, Kluber. Each of these 4 has risk associated with their matchups tonight. Liriano is a large favorite with a very low total against the Braves who rank near the bottom of the league against LHP and are without their best hitter. The issue with Liriano is occasionally he just doesn’t have the command and when its bad… it is realllllllly bad. Kluber has a tough matchup on the road in Baltimore so he slides down the list a bit tonight but he is a great tournament play. Tyson Ross gets the D-backs at Petco immediately following a Coors field series… Good news for Ross!
- Derek Norris – Lefty masher… top play at catcher in the model assuming he continues to hit 2nd against LHP.
- Brian McCann – Elite lineup spot in a top tier offense tonight.
- James McCann – Great punt play if he is in the Tigers lineup.
- Victor Martinez – V-Mart is playing well in his return and the price is just too low. Great value.
- Buster Posey
- Stephen Vogt
1st Base Rankings
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy is the number 1 overall hitter in the model tonight. Recently we touched on V-Mart returning and how it will open up the offense for the Tigers… take advantage now.
- Edwin Encarnacion – E5 ranks as a top 5 overall hitter in the model tonight and represents the best value of any of the top 5 overall hitters.
- Chris Davis – Ultimate contrarian play with an extreme strikeout hitter against a big strikeout pitcher… but he does rank well.
- Mark Teixeira – We love the Yankees on the road tonight. The Astros pitcher really struggles with command/walks. He probably won’t last more than 3-4 innings tonight and Tex carries the platoon advantage throughout the game as a switch hitter.
- Brandon Belt – If you have been with us for a while you know I have an unhealthy interest in Brandon Belt against certain pitch profiles… He has a great matchup tonight in a poor park. Love him in tournaments.
- Adam Lind
2nd Base Rankings
- Ian Kinsler – Elite value and a great way to get Tigers exposure.
- Neil Walker
- Jose Altuve – Stolen base upside keeps him in play almost every day
- Howie Kendrick – Poor park shift but great hitter against LHP.
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – Top play at 3B in a great matchup with a young pitcher. Should be plenty of RBI opportunities tonight.
- Adrian Beltre – Beltre has returned from injury but I’m not sure he is 100% ready. Tournament only play but he does hit LHP very well and its a nice park.
- Josh Donaldson – Elite hitter in a great spot… price tag is the issue here in cash games.
- Luis Valbuena
- Chase Headley
- Jose Reyes – Clear cut top play and the #1 target at the position. Reyes always holds the platoon advantage as a switch hitter but we prefer him from the left hand side like he starts tonight.
- Jose Iglesias – Had a nice game for us yesterday and makes a great punt again tonight.
- Didi Gregorius – Elite value if top 6
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tournament option with HR upside.
Giancarlo Stanton, Jose Bautista, Bryce Harper and Mike Trout are the top plays today and are all fine plays in all formats.
Outfield Tier 1:
Justin Upton, Brett Gardner, Rajai Davis, Colby Rasmus, Andrew McCutchen, Preston TUcker, Denard Span, Scott Van Slyke
Outfield Tier 2:
Ryan Rua, Josh Reddick, Carlos Gomez, Ryan Braun, Ryan Raburn, Kevin Kiermaier, David Peralta, Matt Kemp
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Reyes, Bautista, Donaldson, Navarro
Tigers – Davis, Cabrera, Martinez, Cespedes, Kinsler
Yankees – Gardner, Rodriguez, McCann, Teixeira, Beltran, Headley
Astros – Valbuena, Altuve, Tucker, Castro
Giants – Posey, Belt, Maxwell, Crawford
Nationals – Harper, Span, Rendon, Ramos
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.