Friday DFS MLB Plays
- Clayton Kershaw
- Chris Archer
- Jesse Chavez
- Masahiro Tanaka
- Ubaldo Jimenez
- Michael Wacha
- Noah Syndergaard
Clayton Kershaw is in a similar spot to Max Scherzer last night where he is the clear cut top play at pitcher. Kershaw at home against the Mets is basically a must in DFS baseball. I have never seen an implied run total as low as the Mets tonight coming into this game. Just lock in Kershaw and move on in your cash games. Chris Archer is next in line for definitely a tournament only play tonight in a tough pitching environment at Yankee Stadium. I actually like both Archer and a Yankees stack in tournaments tonight. Jesse Chavez and Ubaldo Jimenez are decent SP2 or GPP options tonight if you’re looking to be a little contrarian.
- Matt Wieters – The switch hitting Wieters is the top play at catcher tonight when he starts the game from the right hand side of the plate against John Danks. Wieters has elite power numbers against LHP over the past 3 seasons and a really good hard contact rate in a hitters park.
- Victor Martinez – Victor Martinez is next in line and somewhat of a contrarian play tonight as his price is rising and he is more expensive than all of the other top options at catcher tonight.
- Josh Phegley – Phegley didn’t disappoint us in our tournament teams last night and he gets another solid matchup with a southpaw tonight. Phegley is a great play as long as he continues to hit 5th against LHP.
- Jonathan Lucroy
- Arizona Catcher – Castill or Saltalamacchia
- Yasmani Grandal – Like Grandal as part of a Dodgers mini stack.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy at home against Kyle Kendrick… he is obviously the top play at 1B and the top overall play in ALL of the RotoMinds models tonight. GPP only because of our emphasis on Clayton Kershaw
- Miguel Cabrera – Another GPP only play because of the price tag.
- Joey Votto – Weather risk here but Votto draws a nice matchup at home in a hitters park. The price tag has come back down to a very reasonable area for Votto.
- David Ortiz – Ortiz is still 2900 on FanDuel… I don’t know how, but he is. Ortiz is an elite value at that price.
- Joe Mauer – Mauer gets everyones favorite gas can against lefty bats… Jeremy Guthrie.
- Adam Lind – Lind continues to hit well and his price reflects that. Great tournament option in a good park.
2nd Base Rankings
- Scooter Gennett – Value depends heavily on the lineup spot and the weather at 3100 but he does rank well in the model.
- Jason Kipnis – Kipnis is having an incredible season as the lead-off man for the Indians and he has another nice matchup tonight. Obviously a tournament only option tonight with Kershaw on the bump but he is certainly a contrarian option even in tournaments at that price.
- Neil Walker – Walker had a 2 HR game for us in our tournaments the other night and he draws another decent matchup tonight. The park isn’t ideal but Walker is seeing the ball well right now and the Pirates are hitting well as a team.
- Johnny Giavotella – Giavotella is an elite value play if he gets to lead-off role tonight at Texas. (Minimum price on FanDuel)
3rd Base Rankings
- Jake Lamb – Lamb has had success against RHP in his young career and typically draws a nice lineup spot (5th) when a right hander is on the mound. Great source of cap relief and a nice way to get ARI exposure while still leaning on Kershaw.
- Manny Machado – Lead-off man for the O’s against John Danks… we don’t really need to say anything else here.
- Nolan Arenado – Another tournament only play that is sure to get 5% or less owned in tournaments tonight. 5% owned guy who can hit 2 HR’s? Sign me up.
- Matt Carpenter – One of the best price tags you will see on Carpenter all year. Take advantage of it if you can.
- Brock Holt – Holt is the same price as Carpenter. Holt is playing well for Boston and has an elite lineup spot hitting 2nd behind Betts and in front of Xander, Ortiz, Hanley and Sandoval.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play in a good hitters park. The price is relatively reasonable here so feel free to use him if you have the cap space.
- J.J. Hardy – Hardy in a hitters park against a bad lefty… great way to get Baltimore exposure.
- Danny Santana – Never a bad idea to pick on Guthrie. Min price.
- Erick Aybar – Value depends on lineup spot but a nice park shift for the Angels tonight.
We will want to focus our attention on the Angels, Orioles and Diamondbacks OF players
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, Steve Pearce, Adam Jones, David Peralta, Yasmany Tomas, Kole Calhoun, Nolan Riemold, Carlos Gonzalez
Outfield Tier 2:
Charlie Blackmon, A.J. Pollock, Preston Tucker, Shin-Soo Choo, Alex Rios, Travis Snider, Alex Gordon, Brandon Moss, Matt Joyce
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Orioles – Jones, Reimold, Wieters, Hardy, Machado
Diamondbacks – Peralta, Lamb, Tomas, Pollock, Goldschmidt
Angels – Trout, Calhoun, Giavotella, Pujols
Cardinals – Carpenter, Wong, Peralta, Grichuk
Tigers – Cabrera, Martinez, Martinez, Kinsler, Avila
Yankees – Gardner, Headley, McCann, Teixeira
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.