Friday, July 10th DFS MLB Plays
- Madison Bumgarner
- Gerrit Cole
- Lance Lynn
- Cole Hamels
- Danny Salazar
- Noah Syndergaard
- Michael Pineda
- Mike Bolsinger
Madison Bumgarner is the clear cut top play tonight as we continue to pick on the Phillies in the middle of their long road trip against elite pitching in pitchers parks. Bumgarner has seen a little dip in his K/9 rate but it is allowing him to pitch a little deeper into games. Bumgarner is another guy like Grienke last night where we prefer to target him at home. Gerrit Cole and Lance Lynn are both having great years and they face each other tonight in what feels like a national league playoff game. Cole and Lynn are both in play tonight but its very difficult to project a win for either side currently so they fall a ways behind Bumgarner. Cole Hamels is a nice contrarian play tonight simply because of the Phillies awful offense. Hamels gets a nice park shift and a decent lineup to pitch to. Danny Salazar is in play 90% of the time because of the huge strikeout potential but the mathup with the A’s moves him to the tournament only category.
- Derek Norris – Norris ranks as the top option to reach base in our model. The Padres get a decent park shift on the road in Texas and they get a LHP on the mound which means Norris will likely hit 2nd.
- A.J. Pierzynski – AJP isn’t what he once was but the park shift is large and he is in play for tournaments.
- Nick Hundley – Hundley is also always in play at home thanks to the park/lineup spot.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal is cash game viable if he is hitting 5th. GPP only if lower than 5th.
1st Base Rankings
- Prince Fielder – We love the Texas lefties tonight against Ian Kennedy. Fielder is the top play at 1B with a fairly reasonable price tag.
- Joey Votto – Votto is dealing with a large negative park shift but a lot of his value is in simply reaching base multiple times and not hitting for power.
- Paul Goldshmidt – Goldy is a deep contrarian play against Syndergaard on the road in a poor park shift.
- Ben Paulsen – Cash game viable if hitting 5-6 tonight at Coors Field.
- Adrian Gonzlaez
- Carlos Santana – Santana did not disappoint last night and we like him (and the CLE lefties) again tonight Kendall Graveman.
2nd Base Rankings
- Jason Kipnis – Decent matchup against Kendall Graveman who is certainly due for a little regression. Negative park shift for Graveman and Kipnis is lights out at home.
- Jace Peterson – Peterson is here due to the lineup spot and the large park shift… #Coors
- Scooter Gennett – Gennett is a guy we are always sensitive on… we are looking for top 4 lineup spot here for cash games.
- Rougned Odor – Odor is another guy who jumps around in the lineup. Elite value in hitting top 2. Cash game viable in any spot in this matchup.
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson/Danny Valencia – Negative park shift on the road for the Jays but they are built to crush LHP and Danny Duffy has had his struggles. Duffy could easily shut this team down or give up 10 runs in 3 innings… a bit of a wild card here.
- Adrian Beltre – Like I continue to say… Beltre has clearly lost a step to me and that regression is hard to realize in the data here. He COULD be a great play and have a great game thanks to his teammates hitting around him.
- Yangervis Solarte – Solarte and the Padres have a nice park shift here at Texas and he typically draws a nice lineup spot when he is in the lineup. Solarte is a switch hitter so he will hold the platoon advantage throughout the game.
- Justin Turner
- Chris Johnson – I was shocked to see Johnson rank this high in the model, but here he is… #Coors
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play at SS at home. Copy and paste.
- Carlos Correa – Correa is the contrarian play tonight due to price. Great shot to get 6-8% ownership in tournaments. We can probably leave this copy and paste every night.
- Andrelton Simmons – Fine play in all formats due to park factor. Becomes elite value if he draws a top 4 spot in lineup tonight.
- Pedro Ciriaco – Fine punt play if he is in the lineup for the Braves tonight.
- Chris Taylor
- Francisco Lindor – Lindor was big for us last night where he hit a HR. The value here is tied to the lineup spot (2nd)
- Alcides Escobar
Outfield Tier 1:
Nelson Cruz, Justin Upton, Shin-Soo Choo, Jose Bautista, Nick Markakis, Carlos Gonzalez, Byrce Harper, Mike Trout, Kelly Johnson, Charlie Blackmon
Outfield Tier 2:
Michael Brantley, Brandon Moss, Mitch Moreland, Joc Pederson, Josh Hamilton, Chrisian Yelich, Josh Reddick, Mark Trumbo
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Braves – Peterson, Markakis, Johnson, Pierzynski, Maybin
Rangers – Fielder, Choo, Hamilton, Moreland, Odor
Rockies – Gonzalez, Blackmon, Paulsen, Tulowitzki
Padres – Norris, Upton, Kemp, Solarte
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, Navarro, Colabello, Reyes
Indians – Kipnis, Santana, Brantley, Moss, Lindor
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.