Friday, July 31st DFS MLB Plays
- Clayton Kershaw
- Danny Salazar
- Matt Harvey
- Madison Bumgarner
- Gio Gonzalez
- Johnny Cueto
- Michael Wacha
- Jason Hammel
- Hector Santiago
Clayton Kershaw is the obvious top play at pitcher in the battle of L.A. against the Angels tonight. The pitching environment is a good one and Kershaw is a large favorite in vegas tonight at -200 against a very solid/average team. Kershaw has a 11.5 K/9 rate that should provide plenty of upside tonight. Danny Salazar isn’t quite as talented as Harvey or Bumgarner but he has a much better matchup in a better pitching environment so he is next in line to Kershaw and offered at a nice discount. Salazar has more strikeout upside than teammate Carlos Carrasco who had his way with the A’s last night. Cueto is a nice contrarian play making his first start for the Royals on the road against a stacked Toronto lineup. Cueto is used to pitching in hitters parks and he now gets one of the best catchers in the game with Salvador Perez.
- Buster Posey – Posey is the top play despite the R vs R matchup tonight. The Giants get a nice park shift in Texas as they face Nick Martinez. Posey will likely go under owned tonight because of the price tag. Posey is available at low ownership levels most nights but tonight is one that you want to take advantage of because of the above average matchup with a RHP (would be much higher owned if facing a LHP).
- Kyle Schwarber – Schwarber is next in line behind Posey in a great spot in Milwaukee tonight against a young pitcher.
- Victor Martinez – The Tigers broke out a little last night but Victor Martinez didn’t contribute much. V-Mart made multiple loud outs on line drives which is great to see. With multiple options on a full slate I love the upside of the switch hitting Martinez.
- James McCann
- Matt Wieters – Nice mathcup with Buck Farmer if he is in the lineup tonight.
- Salvador Perez – Nice park shift for the Royals. They should score more than 2 runs tonight.
1st Base Rankings
- Chris Davis – Davis has ridiculous power numbers against RHP and he gets a very average pitcher in a good hitters park. Davis is in play in all formats.
- David Ortiz – Ortiz gets Erasmo Ramirez tonight at home at Fenway. The price tag has certainly come up on Ortiz but the production is there. More of a tournament play tonight.
- Freedie Freeman
- Brandon Belt – Nice park shift for the Giants and Belt always has a prime RBI spot in the order. Great price point for the park shift tonight.
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo finally hit a big HR last night and he has another nice matchup in a hitters park. The is the lowest price we have seen on Rizzo all year. Buy low.
- Pedro Alvarez – GPP Play as part of a Pirates stack.
2nd Base Rankings
- Neil Walker – Top play in a nice park shift against a RHP. The Pirates should have a nice game tonight against Lorenzen
- Jimmy Paredes – Love Paredes in O’s stacks and as a stand alone play at home against a RHP.
- Ben Zobrist – Zobrist (and the Royals) didn’t do much last night but its still a great park against average pitching. I’m expecting a mutli hit game from Zobrist tonight
- Joe Panik – Another Giant that ranks well…. Take advantage of this park shift and the guaranteed 9th inning AB’s
- Brandon Phillips
3rd Base Rankings
- Matt Duffy – See above with Joe Panik. Duffy will definitely be under owned because he doesn’t carry name recognition like the other plays.
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter had a great game last night and appears to be breaking out or returning to form. Matt Carpenter for 2700 is just criminal.
- Evan Longoria – Longoria appears to have lost a step but he has great career numbers vs LHP and he gets a decent park shift at Fenway. Fair price
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod gets another nice hitters park at U.S. Cellular in Chicago.
- Manny Machado
- Mike Moustakas – Expecting more from the Royals tonight. Great lineup spot.
- Jose Iglesias – Iglesias should stay at the top of the order for the Tigers… huge boost to his value.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo will be a popular play still because of the news and the trade but he is definitely tournament only for us tonight.
- Chris Taylor
- Jhonny Peralta – Nice matchup for the Cards tonight and Peralta has a great lineup spot to drive in runs and be in the middle of the action.
- Brandon Crawford – I think you get the point… the Giants rank well tonight at every position in the park shift at Texas.
Outfield Tier 1:
Nelson Cruz, Andrew McCutchen, Starling Marte, Hunter Pence, Rajai Davis, Steven Souza, Joey Butler, Gregory Polanco, Marlon Byrd, Mark Trumbo
Outfield Tier 2:
Adam Jones, Adam Eaton, Scott Van Slyke, Melky Cabrera, Dexter Fowler, Brandon Moss, Austin Jackson, Jason Heyward
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Pirates – McCutchen, Marte, Walker, Polanco, Alvarez
Giants – Posey, Belt, Pence, Panik, Crawford
Orioles – Davis, Paredes, Jones, Wieters, Machado
Astros – Altuve, Gomez, Tucker, Correa
Royals – Hosmer, Zobrist, Escobar, Cain, Perez
Cubs – Rizzo, Schwarber, Fowler, Bryant, Coghlan
Tigers – Davis, Kinsler, Iglesias, Martinez, Martinez