Welcome to Friday’s edition of RotoMinds Daily MLB Plays. Back to a full slate with the Brewers at Coors Field against a LHP.
- Chris Sale
- Jacob deGrom
- Carlos Carrasco
- Sonny Gray
- Lance McCullers
- Tyler Lyons
- A.J. Burnett
- Mike Bolsinger
Chris Sale is the clear cut top play tonight at home against the Texas Rangers. The Rangers are in the middle of a crazy travel pattern where they traveled to California (2 hour time difference) for just a 2 day series that finished late last night. The Rangers had to travel during the night last night to arrive in Chicago for the game tonight against Chris Sale on very little rest. Sale has a ridiculous 11.4 K/9 rate against a team whose best hitters are left handed. Jacob deGrom is next in line and a great play tonight even on the road against the Braves but he is a clear step below Sale tonight. Lance McCullers is just too cheap to not have some exposure tonight in tournaments or as your SP2 on multiple pitcher sites. Tyler Lyons also gets a nice matchup with the Phillies.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Clear cut top play at catcher with a very reasonable price point and elite lineup spot… lock him in.
- Michael McKenry/Nick Hundley
- Russell Martin
- Yadier Molina
1st Base Rankings
- Ben Paulsen – Paulsen is an elite value with dual positional eligibility on DraftKings. Lock in some exposure if he is hitting top 6.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy has an interesting matchup with a fly ball/HR prone pitcher at home in Arizona with elite hitting conditions. Excellent tournament play.
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy gets to hit at Yankee Stadium… don’t really think Miggy needs a write up.
- Joey Votto
- Yonder Alonso – Alonso and the Padres get a huge park shift tonight at Chase Field with great hitting conditions against a pitcher who struggles with LHB.
2nd Base Rankings
- DJ LeMahieu – As long as DJ continues to hit 2nd he will see a boost in value and be viable in all formats.
- Derek Dietrich – Dietrich’s value depends largely on his lineup spot but he is another elite value if top 5 in big park shift at Cincy.
- Jason Kipnis
- Dee Gordon – Great contrarian play on FanDuel tonight.
- Cory Spangenberg – Love if top 5 in order.
3rd Base Rankings
- Aramis Ramirez – Ranks as the #1 3rd base play ahead of a very impressive list of hitters tonight. Nice way to get exposure to MIL at Coors if he is in lineup.
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod will join the 3,000 hit club tonight and has a great matchup against the reverse splits of Justin Verlander
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter is the great contrarian tournament play tonight due to the price tag relative to the other elite options.
- Kris Bryant
- Yangervis Solarte – Great value play if hitting top 5 in the order at Chase Field.
- Troy Tulowitzki – The obvious top play against a rookie pitcher making his first Coors Field appearance….
- Jean Segura – Value depends largely on lineup spot but has value anywhere in lineup due to park shift.
- Jhonny Peralta – GPP play with pop.
- Jose Reyes
- Alexi Amarista
Ryan Braun, Carlo Gomez, Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon are all top plays in the OF tonight and are in play in all formats if you have the salary cap. You should be targeting this group of players as much as possible tonight.
Outfield Tier 1:
Bryce Harper, Will Venable, Jose Bautista, Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich, Joc Pederson, Justin Upton, Matt Kemp, Andrew McCutchen, Michael Brantley, David Peralta
Outfield Tier 2:
Yasmany Tomas, Alex Gordon, Nelson Cruz, Mike Trout, Jason Heyward, Tyler Collins, Mark Canha, Adam Eaton, Melky Cabrera
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, LeMahieu, Paulsen, Tulowitzki
Brewers – Braun, Lucroy, Ramirez, Segura, Gomez
Padres – Alonso, Venable, Upton, Spangenberg, Kemp, Norris
Cardinals – Carpenter, Wong, Molina, Heyward
Blue Jays – Reyes, Bautista, Donaldson, Martin
Marlins- Stanton, Dietrich, Yelich, Bour, Gordon
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.