Monday, August 31st DFS MLB Plays
2 Cash, 3 GPP for FanDuel and 1 Cash, 2 GPP for DraftKings.
- David Price
- Dallas Keuchel
- Chris Archer
- Tyson Ross
- Shelby Miller
- John Lackey
- Gio Gonzalez
- Hector Santiago
- Danny Salazar
Price, Keuchel and Archer are all viable options for the top play and frankly all are fine cash game plays tonight. Typically we have guys who are maybe a little better suited for tournaments but Archer is cash game worthy with his K-rate combined with the high rate the O’s are striking out lately. It’s a little weird recommending Astros pitching and having them be such large favorites, but Keuchel is a good pitcher who is having a great year. Fine play in all formats tonight against a lefty heavy lineup like the Mariners. Price has a tough park to pitch in but the Blue Jays should provide more than enough run support to get him a win. Shelby Miller is now starting for the Braves and he makes a fine tournament or Sp2 play against the Marlins who are ranked dead last against RHP.
- Kyle Schwarber – Schwarber is easily the top play at catcher on any site that he has catcher eligibility. The Cubs lefties are in a very good spot tonight and they all hit at the top of the order.
- Wellington Castillo – Castillo has a great matchup and gets the best park shift in baseball… there is a lot to love here tonight hitting 5th.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal and the Dodgers lefties have a nice matchup with Jake Peavy tonight.
- Nick Hundley
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the clear cut top play at 1B and the top overall hitter in the model. Load up if you can afford the price tag
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo would be a top play if Goldy wasn’t at Coors Field. Love the Cubs lefties
- David Ortiz – Ortiz might go under owned tonight with the rest of the guys listed here. Competitive game with the Yankees tonight.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin is on fire right now and we get another R vs R matchup against a hard thrower who struggles with HR’s.
- Adrian Gonzalez
2nd Base Rankings
- Jose Altuve – Altuve is the top play tonight at home against a very average LHP. Astros SHOULD score a few runs tonight.
- Chris Coghlan – Coghlan is a nice play in all formats where we can now play him at 2B instead of using an OF spot.
- DJ LeMahieu
- Chris Owings
- Daniel Murphy – Murphy should go under owned tonight but I love him in a Mets stack against a young pitcher.
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod vs the LHP in a decent hitters park. Good shot at a HR here tonight.
- Nolan Arenado – Arenado gets Robbie Ray at home at Coors. Great play in all formats.
- Pablo Sandoval – Sandoval has seen his value increase as he continues to hit 2nd for the Sox. Fine play in all formats…
- Jake Lamb – Lamb will hit 6th tonight at Coors Field.
- David Wright
- Jose Reyes – Reyes earns the top spot as a switch hitter at Coors Field.
- Carlos Correa – Correa returns tonight and he will hit 3rd in a very good lineup vs LHP. GPP only play at the price
- Marwin Gonzalez – We love Marwin hitting 2nd against LHP. He is a switch hitter who really hits LHP well.
- Troy Tulowitzki
- Xander Bogaerts
Outfield Tier 1:
A.J. Pollock, Mike Trout, Nelson Cruz, Bryce Harper, David Peralta, Jose Bautista, Chris Young, Yoenis Cespedes, Mookie Betts
Outfield Tier 2:
Dexter Fowler, Ben Revere, Ender Inciarte, Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon, Brandon Guyer, Jay Bruce
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Pollock, Inciarte, Castillo, Gosselin
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Arenado, Reyes, LeMahieu
Cubs – Schwarber, Rizzo, Fowler, Coghlan, Russell
Astros – Altuve, Gomez, Gonzalez, Correa
Rays – Longoria, Forsythe, Butler, Guyer, Beckham
Mets – Granderson, Cespedes, Wright, Murphy