Welcome to Monday’s edition of RotoMinds Daily MLB Plays. A short 7 game slate tonight with top tier pitchers throwing. Kershaw vs the Cubs, Pineda vs the Phillies and Felix vs the Royals.
- Clayton Kershaw
- Michael Pineda
- Felix Hernandez
- Drew Hutchison
- Hector Santiago
- Trevor Bauer
- Tommy Milone
- Brett Oberholtzer
Clayton Kershaw is clearly the top play once again… even on the road at Wrigley with the wind blowing out at 15-20 MPH. Kershaw has huge strikeout upside against the Cubs and that alone is enough to push him to the top spot. We have to watch the weather here for rain, but he is the top play if the game is going to be played. Michael Pineda is next in line and ahead of Felix due to win probability. Pineda is the largest favorite on the day and for good reason as he takes on the Phillies and his teammates get to tee off against Kevin Corriea. Felix is a nice tournament play but generally we aren’t excited about picking on the Royals because they just don’t strikeout enough. Hector Santiago and Tommy Milone both deserve a look in tournaments tonight. Santiago gets the Astros minus Jose Altuve in a negative park shift for the Astros and Tommy Milone gets the White Sox who are just atrocious as a team against LHP.
- Brian McCann – McCann is the top play on Monday night and is playable in all formats due to his elite lineup spot for driving in runs.
- Yan Gomes – Yan Gomes is next in line and becomes an elite value if hitting 5th.
- Kurt Suzuki – Suzuki is a nice punt play and should be included in your Twins stacks if hitting top 6
- Victor Martinez – VMART is back? Maybe… he hit a HR last night against Masahiro Tanaka. VMart is too cheap on DraftKing where he is listed at 1B.
1st Base Rankings
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy earns the top spot against HR prone Trevor Bauer with the wind blowing out tonight. We don’t really need to say anything else about Miggy.
- Jose Abreu – We briefly discussed teh White Sox struggles with LHP… Abreu is the exception to that rule.
- Carlos Santana – Switch hitting Santana has a lot of value here tonight on a shorter slate. He will still be under owned for his skill set.
- Mark Teixeira
- Joe Mauer
2nd Base Rankings
- Brian Dozier – Dozier is a top 5 overall hitter in the model tonight. If you have been with us for a while you already know Dozier is a top play anytime he faces a LHP. Tonight he gets a very young southpaw with the wind blowing out.
- Robinson Cano
- Howie Kendrick – Kendrick gets a decent park shift tonight with the weather and always has a great lineup spot.
- Stephen Drew – GPP punt play with pop
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – The price has finally come up on A-Rod to 3900 on FanDuel which does at least make one think before blindly plugging him in. The price point tonight is nice because it pushes him to a GPP only play for us and we should be able to grab a relatively low ownership rate in tournaments tonight.
- Trevor Plouffe – Plouffe is another target of ours every time the Twins face a LHP. Plouffe ranks right behind A-Rod
- Chase Headley – Headley is another elite value play as long as he continues to hit 2nd for the Yankees.
- Justin Turner
- David Freese
- Eduardo Escobar – Escobar ranks as the #1 SS play thanks to the team matchup. We want to see him hitting top 6 here tonight.
- Didi Gregorius – Gregorius is next in line and basically equal with Escobar if they are hitting at the same lineup spot.
- Jose Reyes – Large negative park shift, elevated price tag… excellent tournament play.
- Francisco Lindor
The Yankees OF is the top target in the OF tonight with Brett Gardner and Carlos Beltran both having RotoMinds adjusted wOBA of .400+
Outfield Tier 1:
Torii Hunter, Yasiel Puig, Mike Trout, Ryan Raburn, Nelson Cruz, Jose Bautista, J.D. Martinez, Avisail Garcia, George Springer
Outfield Tier 2:
Michael Brantley, Brandon Moss, David DeJesus, Daniel Robertson, Joc Pederson, Anthony Gose, Dexter Fowler
Mike’s Top Four Team Stacks
Yankees – Gardner, Beltran, Rodriguez, Teixeira, Headley, McCann, Gregorius
Twins – Dozier, Plouffe, Hunter, Escobar, Mauer
Dodgers – Puig, Turner, Kendrick, Pederson, Grandal
Tigers – Cabrera, Gose, V. Martinez, J.D. Martinez
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.