Monday DFS MLB Plays
What an ugly night for starting pitching! I definitely recommend playing a little less volume tonight due to the nature of the slate with the lack of pitching options. Tonight is one of those nights where it’s impossible to feel great about the lineup you roll out due to the pitcher.
- Mike Bolsinger
- Joe Blanton
- Nate Karns
- Jimmy Nelson
- Lance McClullers
- C.J. Wilson
- Mike Leake
- Clay Buchholz
What a difference a day makes… all the Aces yesterday and all the lower tier pitchers today. Joe Blanton has the most upside of any pitcher tonight against the Astros. Blanton has been fantastic in his 2 starts this season and I see no reason that he shouldn’t be decent again tonight. Blanton currently has the highest strikeout prop in Vegas tonight (tied with Buchholz @ TOR and Bolsinger @ ARI). Bolsinger has a relatively high win probability on the short slate so he deserves serious consideration. Karns has had a solid year overall but has to deal with the Indians lefties tonight. The Indians do have a negative park shift which definitely favors Karns. Lance McCullers has been decent this year and will likely be the chalk play but I’m still not interested in picking on the Royals with a rookie pitcher.
- Stephen Vogt – Top play at home against David Hale. Elite play if hitting top 3.
- Yasmani Grandal – Same story here… great play if hitting top 4. Solid at 5th and 6th+ secondary value.
- Chris Iannetta – Has hit LHP well in his career. Decent tournament play.
- Jonathan Lucroy
- Russell Martin
Vogt and Grandal are 1a and 1b for the top play tonight. The lineup order will ultimately determine who we have more exposure to. If Grandal is 6th or lower we will absolutely have more Vogt than Grandal tonight. Jonathan Lucroy is also worth a look on a short slate with his lineup position (hitting 2nd).
1st Base Rankings
- Adrian Gonzalez – Adrian Gonzalez and the Dodgers are the top play tonight in a massive park shift at Chase Field. We don’t really need great “Value” tonight from hitters with a severe lack of top tier pitching options, but Gonzalez is the best value on FanDuel.
- Paul Goldschmidt – We all know Goldy is an elite hitter and tonight he is in play in all formats thanks to the soft cap (due to pitching options)
- Adam Lind – If you want to pick on Sean O’Sullivan I suggest starting with Adam Lind who is red hot in the month of June.
- Joey Votto – Votto is another great play tonight that you could argue is the top play 1B if the weather was 100% clear. Votto has a great matchup and nice history against Mike Pelfrey
- Prince Fielder
- Edwin Encarnacion
2nd Base Rankings
- Ben Zobrist – Zobrist becomes the top play due to lineup position for all of the 2B play. Zobrist is a switch hitter who holds the platoon advantage throughout the game and starts with his best side, the left side.
- Scooter Gennett – Gennett is the “next in line” option for the Brewers behind Lind but the lineup spot isn’t ideal. We were hoping for top 3 here with Gennett.
- Devon Travis – Same story here. Travis is a great young player but has limited upside/cash value hitting 8th.
- Howie Kendrick – Big park shift here so no arguments from me in any format.
- Jason Kipnis
3rd Base Rankings
- Justin Turner – Big park shift and elite value if Turner grabs a top 4 spot in the lineup like we expect.
- Jake Lamb
- Todd Frazier – Frazier has big HR upside here and is another guy who is in play tonight in all formats thanks to the extreme value at pitcher
- David Freese – Great tournament play as part of a LAA stack. Hits LHP well in his career.
- Pablo Sandoval
- Josh Donaldson
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is once again the top play. I think Reyes/Bogaerts represent better value but Tulo is in play in all formats.
- Jose Reyes – Reyes is really the top play when you throw out Tulo against Bumgarner. Switch hitter with speed in an elite hitting environment.
- Xander Bogaerts – Bogaerts continues to hit 3rd which is a HUGE bump to his value. Xander is now a top target in all formats
- Jimmy Rollins
- Asdrubal Cabrera – Asdrubal was great for us yesterday as he continues the hot hitting. He drops back to 7th in the order which really hurts his value but he is an okay tournament play against his former team tonight.
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, Joc Pederson, Jose Bautista, Adam Jones, Josh Reddick, Yasiel Puig, David Peralta, Steve Pearce
Outfield Tier 2:
Nolan Riemold, Andre Ethier, Mitch Moreland, Charlie Blackmon, Gerardo Parra, Mark Canha, A.J. Pollock, Chris Young
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Dodgers – Pederson, Puig, Gonzalez, Grandal, Turner
Reds – Votto, Frazier, Hamilton, Bruce, Byrd
Athletics – Vogt, Zobrist, Reddick, Canha, Burns
Royals – Morales, Moustakas, Gordon, Escobar
Red Sox – Betts, Bogaerts, Ortiz, Sandoval
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.