Sunday, July 19th DFS MLB Plays
We are playing the “Early Only” and All day slates on FanDuel and the all day only on DraftKings. There will be 1 total lineup for early only and the normal 5 (for ultimate members for FanDuel).
- Matt Harvey
- Gio Gonzlaez
- Yordano Ventura
- Rubby de la Rosa
- Andrew Heaney
- A.J Burnett
- Matt Moore
- Tim Hudson
- Ian Kennedy
- Alfredo Simon
Monday is a complete 180 from Sunday when it comes to starting pitching. Basically every lineup you submit is going to feel like a GPP lineup tonight due to the lack of pitching options. Once again the two most talented pitchers are facing each other making the win probability rather low for both starters. The win is obviously far more important on FanDuel than DraftKings due to the scoring rules. Matt Harvey is easily the most talented starter and he gets a weak WAS lineup but it’s a road game. Harvey is a slight underdog but he has the largest K prop of any pitcher throwing tonight. Gio Gonzalez is next in line (against Harvey) and I will admit I’m not a big Gio fan in general… he just doesn’t really excite me in any way. The one benefit we have with Gio tonight is the Mets played 18 innings in STL yesterday then traveled back to the east coast. Gio should do fine with limiting runs but once again the win is very difficult to project against Matt Harvey. The next tier of players are a little intimidating for use in cash games but that is where we are tonight with this shorter slate. Yordano Ventura gets to pitch at home against the Pirates who are a pretty RH heavy lineup and the park is a decent park for pitching. The Royals hitters should be able to score a few runs against Burnett and put Ventura in line for the win. Rubby de la Rosa is a guy I like a lot tonight that will make me look really good or really stupid… there really isn’t any in between. I know its a large positive park shift for the Marlins but I like the way de la Rosa’s profiles matchup with this watered down Marlins lineup. It’s important to remember that I like him relative to this slate… 95% of the time he is not in consideration for cash game use.
- Victor Martinez/James McCann – The Tigers had a pretty disappointing weekend but once again they rank very well in the model as they get their turn against a LHP tonight at home. The AL standings are very tight and this is a pretty important series for the Tigers and the Mariners are in the middle of a long road trip.
- Michael McKenry/Nick Hundley – Both of the Rockies catchers rank very well. Whoever is in the lineup is in play tonight at home at Coors.
- Robinson Chirinos – Chirinos hits LHP very well but he typically draws a poor lineup spot. On a shorter slate like this we will definitely weight park shift significantly higher than lineup position so feel free to use Chirinos in all formats tonight.
- John Jaso – Add the Rays to the list of teams who drastically under performed on Sunday. Back to the well tonight in tournaments and Jaso is cash game viable due to awesome lineup spot.
- Buster Posey – Posey will likely go under owned tonight going back to a poor park on the road at Petco but I love Posey in tournaments against Ian Kennedy.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldschmidt is the obvious top play once again at home in the great park against a pitcher who gets a large negative park shift.
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo gets a nice park shift for left handed power at Cincinnati.
- Ben Paulsen – Paulsen ranks well tonight so that must mean the Rockies are playing at home. Solid play in all formats against the RHP. The value is all in the park factor and lineup spot.
- Prince Fielder – Prince has hit LHP relatively well this season and obviously has the large park shift in his favor tonight. We can basically project 1-2 bullpen AB’s tonight so we are definitely still interested in Prince despite the L vs L matchup.
- Wilin Rosario
2nd Base Rankings
- Robinson Cano – Cano is the top play at 2B in a positive park shift at DET against a pitcher who really struggles with LHB and an even worse bullpen.
- Adam Rosales – Love him in all formats if he draws a start for the Rangers (probably will not play)
- Dustin Pedroia – Contrarian tournament play tonight against a young LHP who has been good in a negative park shift for the Sox hitters.
- DJ LeMahieu – Another COL hitter who is only in consideration due to lineup position/park factor. LeMahieu does run from time to time so there is a little extra value on the bases.
- Ian Kinsler – Kinsler was ejected in the first inning yesterday and he gets a LHP tonight. Love him in tournaments.
3rd Base Rankings
Third base is by far the weakest position tonight so we will be sensitive to lineup position/price here.
- Adrian Beltre – Beltre in the best park in baseball against a LHP…. don’t really need to say anything else about Beltre in this situation.
- Nolan Arenado – Arenado is another top play if you have the cap space. Arenado has a good shot at hitting a HR tonight.
- Kyle Seager – Love Seager in Seattle mini stacks and as a filler play.
- Justin Turner
- Evan Longoria – Longoria let us down yesterday but he gets another decent park shift tonight so we will be back for more tonight with the Rays mini stacks.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play when the Rockies are at home. I don’t think Tulo is a must play with a few of these others guys in plus spots but it will ultimately depend on lineup spot for each of these hitters.
- Jose Iglesias – Iglesias always draws a poor lineup spot but he is still playable in all formats tonight against Happ.
- Elvis Andrus – Hopefully Andrus can draw a top 5 lineup spot tonight (would make him a near must play). Once again playable in all formats in all lineup spots due to the park shift.
- Xander Bogaerts – Love in tournaments as part of Boston stacks with the other right handed hitters. If you have been with us all year you know we like to use Xander against LHP.
- Brad Miller
Outfield Tier 1:
Carlos Gonzalez, Delino DeShields, Rajai Davis, Charlie Blackmon, Ryan Rua, Mike Trout, Christian Yelich, Yasmany Tomas, David Peralta
Outfield Tier 2:
Hanley Ramirez, Andrew McCutchen, Joey Butler, Shane Victorino, A.J. Pollock, Seth Smith, Kevin Kiermaier, Nelson Cruz, Marlon Byrd
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Rockies – Gonzalez, Blackmon, Tulowitzki, Paulsen, Arenado, LeMahieu
Rangers – Beltre, DeShields, Andrus, Chirinos, Fielder
Tigers – Davis, Kinsler, Martinez, Martinez, Cespedes
Mariners – Jackson, Cano, Cruz, Seager
Rays – Jaso, Longoria, Sizemore, Loney
Red Sox – Pedroia, Ramirez, Napoli, Bogaerts, Victorino, Betts
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.