Monday, July 27th DFS MLB Plays
- Lance Lynn
- Anibal Sanchez
- Chris Heston
- Nate Karns
- Kyle Hendricks
- Edinson Volquez
- Kevin Gausman
Lance Lynn is the top play at pitcher tonight on the shorter slate. Lynn gets the Reds in a Coors Field hangover as they visit the Cards in St. Louis. The Reds don’t have many good left handed hitters which is good for Lynn who can struggle with lefties from time to time. The Reds are facing a large negative park shift from CIN to STL and an even bigger shift from their most recent series in Colorado. Lynn is the top target on a short slate. Anibal Sanchez is next in line on the road in a positive park shift in Tampa Bay. Sanchez has been up and down all year but the big park in Tampa is something that should really benefit his skill set. Vegas has Sanchez as an underdog which is awesome for us because it could lead to lower ownership levels. Anything less than -130 favorite is basically meaningless when it comes to baseball money lines. Chris Heston gets a home game against the Brewers who are in the middle of a long road trip and dealing with a large negative park shift at AT&T park. Heston is a bit of a wild card so he will be a tournament only play on single pitcher sites.
- Matt Wieters – Wieters is a frustrating player but he ranks as the top play at home against Alex Wood. Wieters is a switch hitter who holds the platoon advantage throughout the game and gets a great lineup spot hitting 5th tonight.
- Yadier Molina – We will have to watch for the lineup spot tonight for Yadi but he is somewhat of a contrarian play today against a pitcher who has been fairly decent with right handed batters.
- Brian McCann – McCann and the Yankees get a nice matchup with Matt Harrison. The L vs L doesn’t bother me much on a short slate in a good park.
- Buster Posey – The Giants are very stackable tonight and it starts with Buster Posey against Kyle Lohse.
1st Base Rankings
- Freddie Freeman – Freeman is a great tournament play in a positive park shift if he is in the lineup tonight against Kevin Gausman. Freeman is just coming back from injury but he is an elite hitter against RHP.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Big negative park shift and huge price tag should lead to low ownership levels for one of the best hitters in baseball.
- Prince Fielder – Fielder will be a popular choice at 1B tonight at home against Ivan Nova. Nova has really struggled with lefties this season and he isn’t missing many bats and the Rangers are loaded with lefty bats.
- Mike Napoli – Napoli has a poor lineup spot but a decent matchup at home with John Danks. Great contrarian play on a chalk stack.
- Mark Teixeira – Teixeira is a switch hitter with power from both sides of the plate. Great play tonight against Matt Harrison.
2nd Base Rankings
- Rougned Odor – Odor is the top play at 2B assuming he is hitting top 3 in the order tonight against Ivan Nova. We love the Rangers lefties tonight.
- Jason Kipnis
- Joe Panik – Panik will likely be under owned tonight thanks to Wong and Odor in good matchups. Panik has a great spot in the Giants order.. one of the most under rated players in baseball this season.
- Kolten Wong
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod is easily the top play at 3B tonight on the road in Texas. We love the Yankees on the road in good parks where we are guaranteed 9th inning AB’s from the team. Big HR upside on a short slate.
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter is another guy who has had a up and down season but tonight he is just too cheap on FanDuel for the matchup
- Adrian Beltre
- Kris Bryant – Great price on Bryant tonight against Jorge De La Rosa. Basically a price vs upside play here.
- Mike Moustakas
- Xander Bogaerts – Bogaerts will hit 3rd tonight against John Danks. You know we love Xander against LHP at home. Xander is a core target
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tournaments only
- Jhonny Peralta –
- Starlin Castro
- Jose Iglesias
Outfield Tier 1:
Hanley Ramirez, Nelson Cruz, Shane Victorino, Dexter Fowler, Shin-Soo Choo, Josh Hamilton, Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, Matt Holiday, Michael Brantley
Outfield Tier 2:
Mookie Betts, Corey Dickerson, Carlos Gonzalez, Delino DeShields, Carlos Beltran, Randal Grichuk, Chris Young, Adam Eaton, Melky Cabrera
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Red Sox – Ramirez, Bogaerts, Betts, Victorino, Napoli
Yankees – Ellsbury, Gardner, Rodriguez, Teixeira, McCann
Rangers – Fielder, Choo, Moreland, Odor, Hamilton
Cardinals – Carpenter, Wong, Heyward, Peralta, Grichuk
Giants – Belt, Pence, Posey, Aoki, Pagan
Tigers – Kinsler, Cespedes, Martinez, Martinez, Iglesias