Saturday, August 15th DFS MLB Plays
Another large slate with Coors. Expect a little short write-up with the Coors slates because the plays are so obvious buy necessary.
- Johnny Cueto
- Jake Arrieta
- Patrick Corbin
- Chris Archer
- John Lackey
- Jimmy Nelson
- Jose Quintana
- Gio Gonzalez
Cueto and Arrieta are very close to each other tonight and ultimately both are fine plays. Hopefully we don’t see something like last night with Scherzer scoring zero points… Last night is a perfect example of why we play two cash lineups and we you have to follow instruction on usage of lineups to be profitable. In the end we were able to cash 50/50 games with zero points form a $11,000 pitcher but that is a rare event. Tonight there are really 4 pitchers to consider in cash games on FanDuel… Cueto, Arrieta, Corbin and Lackey. Lackey has large implied win probability against the Marlins like we saw with Garcia last night. Corbin has the upside we though Ray would show last night but Ray was unable to get the K’s. Corbin is a much better pitcher than Ray so we like him a lot tonight. Chris Archer is a high upside play that I like in tournaments but there is no reason to go there in cash games in this slate.
- John Jaso – Jaso is the top play in the model tonight in a nice park shift for the Rays in Texas. Colby Lewis has been up and down but the Rays lefties are all in play tonight and nobody has a better lineup spot than Jaso leading off in a road game.
- Derek Norris – Norris delivered last night as the Padres had a nice night. We strongly prefer Norris against LHP but we will take him against just about any pitcher if the game is played at Coors Field. Fine play in all formats.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Nice matchup at home for Lucroy and the Brewers who we typically only target against LHP but we like to pick on Jerome Williams in this park.
- Stephen Vogt – Nice park for the A’s tonight and Vogt typically draws a great lineup spot.
1st Base Rankings
- Chris Davis – Davis was big for us in tournaments last night as he is really hitting well this month. Good matchup in a great park at home. Davis is one of the most expensive hitters on the slate so he is better suited for tournament use.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Negative park shift for Goldy should provide low ownership levels for a dangerous hitter/team.
- Yonder Alonso – Alonso should be in the starting lineup tonight as the Padres face a RHP. Gray has been amazing for the Rockies but he is on an innings limit for the year so we don’t expect him going any longer than 5 innings regardless of the results. Good news for Padres
- Adam Lind – Lind ranks well in a matchup with Jerome Williams. Good spot for the Brewers tonight who under performed last night.
- Joe Mauer
- Eric Hosmer – Hosmer is one of the hottest hitters in baseball right now. Fine play tonight
2nd Base Rankings
- Jedd Gyorko – Top play at 2B and cheapest way to get exposure to Coors Field game. Strong target in cash games despite not having the platoon advantage tonight with Gray on the mound
- Brian Dozier – Dozier got the day off yesterday so he should be well rested for Tomlin making a spot start for the Indians. Tomlin has show severe reverse splits in limited sample.
- Enrique Hernandez – Fine play in all formats if he continues to hit 2nd. Great shot for Hernandez to show he belongs at this level… look for him to keep producing.
- Scooter Gennett – Nice spot for Scooter tonight Let’s hope he hits top 5 tonight
- Jose Altuve
3rd Base Rankings
- Miguel Sano – We touched on Tomlin’s reverse splits. Great spot at home for the Twins and Sano tonight!
- Manny Machado – Big extra inning HR from Machado helped last night and we like him again tonight. We actually prefer Machado against a RHP similar to our interest in R vs R matchups with Edwin Encarnacion. Big HR upside today.
- Nolan Arenado – Coors Field vs Cashner. High upside play.
- Kris Bryant – Quintana is a decent pitcher but its a nice park for the Cubbies tonight and Bryant has plenty of power.
- Carlos Correa – Correa ranks as the top play but is immediately moved to GPP only because of the price tag. Big power and speed upside.
- Jhonny Peralta – Poor park but you’re all aware of Peralta’s ability vs LHP and Hand isn’t very good.
- Jose Reyes – Switch hitter starting from his strong side (left) with SB upside. Good spot for Reyes and the Rockies lefties tonight.
- Jung-Ho Kang
Outfield Tier 1:
Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon, Bryce Harper, Justin Upton, Matt Kemp, Michael Brantley, Josh Reddick, David Peralta
Outfield Tier 2:
Preston Tucker, Carlos Gomez, Khris Davis, Gerardo Parra, Andrew McCutchen, J.D. Martinez, Yasiel Puig
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Paulsen, LeMahieu
Padres – Alonso, Solarte, Upton, Kemp, Norris
Twins – Sano, Dozier, Mauer, Hicks, Rosario
Cardinals – Peralta, Grichuk, Carpenter, Reynolds
Brewers – Braun, Davis, Lucroy, Lind, Gennett
Orioles – Davis, Machado, Parra, Wieters