Saturday, August 22nd DFS MLB Plays
12 game slate with Coors Field.
- Zack Greinke
- Sonny Gray
- Joe Ross
- Carlos Martinez
- Carlos Rodon
- Taylor Jungmann
- Scott Kazmir
- Chris Tillman
Zack Greinke and Sonny Gray are the top plays with the edge going to Greinke who has a better K rate against a team that strikes out a decent amount. Greinke used to be a guy we only target at home, but he has matured this season and has done a great job preventing runs and pitching deep into games. I expect the Dodgers to come out hot tonight after getting no hit by Fiers last night. Sonny Gray gets a nice park (at home) to pitch in against a pretty weak offense (Rays). The Rays are fairly inconsistent with when they strike out and when they don’t… it really doesn’t make sense but it’s likely due to the constantly changing lineup they run out there each night. Greinke has a very aggressive price tag so Gray is an acceptable top play tonight. Joe Ross is next in line and available at a large discount which opens up the cap for Coors Field and the other top scoring environments tonight. Ross get’s the Brewers tonight who aren’t a very good offense vs RHP on the road. Carlos Martinez gets a nice park and matchup tonight and is another fine play in all formats tonight… ultimately the opposing lineups will determine the best play. Carlos Rodon has big strikeout upside tonight against Seattle if he has his command. Chris Tillman is a very interesting tournament option to be low owned. The O’s have sucked the last two nights but I think they have a nice night tonight providing run support for Tillman.
- Travis d’Arnaud – Travis hit a HR last night and he ranks as the top play again tonight thanks to the park shift at Coors. The price is extremely aggressive so he is a tournament only option tonight.
- Russell Martin – Poor park shift against a very good young pitcher. Contrarian play to save cap.
- Salvador Perez – The Royals have had a rough series in Boston… that changes tonight against the young pitcher who was good in his last start.
- Victor Martinez – Victor just missed a HR and was robbed of a hit as he lined into a double play last night. Looking at the box score you’d say he had a bad night… but he hit the ball very hard and I like him (and his price tag) again tonight against Gallardo.
- Stephen Vogt
1st Base Rankings
- Jose Abreu – Tournament play for us tonight. Value varies quite a bit form site to site.
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy is back and hitting like normal. Miggy is in play in all formats from now until the end of the year.
- Paul Goldschmidt – PaulGoldschmidt owes us big time. He has been terrible in matchups he should be having great games in. The matchup is worse tonight so tonight is probably the night that he hits the HR as we look elsewhere. Tournament option.
- Eric Hosmer – The Royals have had a rough series in Boston… that changes tonight.
- Lucas Duda – Duda left last nights game early and might not play in L vs L matchup tonight. GPP only if he is in there.
- Joey Votto – Great matchup for Votto against a HR prone pitcher in a small park.
2nd Base Rankings
- Wilmer Flores – The Mets will be featured heavily here again tonight at Coors Field against a team that blew through its bullpen last night.
- Daniel Descalso – Descalso hits LHP well. I like him quite a bit if he gets a start tonight.
- DJ LeMahieu – Big upside agianst Niese.
- Jonathan Schoop – Personally I like the O’s a lot tonight and will be going back again. 3rd time is a charm right?
3rd Base Rankings
- Juan Uribe – Uribe isn’t a great player but he has enough power and experience to be dangerous at Coors Field.
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson gets another lefty. Ranks well but definitely a very deep GPP only play tonight.
- Nolan Arenado – Arenado ranks really well for us tonight which is fairly well because of the price most nights… but he is close to the top tonight even at the elevated price
- Miguel Sano – Good park for Sano. Tillman has been solid so I’m interested to see how this goes.
- Todd Frazier – Frazier was okay for us last night and he is still way too cheap. Very strong cash game play.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Similar to Donaldson… going to rank well against any LHP that isn’t named Chris Sale or David Price. GPP only
- Ruben Tejada – Love Tejada at Coors Field if he gets a start tonight.
- Jose Reyes – Reyes was a waste of space last night for the Rockies as he somehow ended negative from the 2 hole in a game when he team score 8+ runs.
- Elvis Andrus – Andrus and the Rangers get a pretty awful LHP. Andrus is one of my favorite plays at SS tonight.
- Alcides Escobar
Outfield Tier 1:
Michael Cuddyer, Juan Lagares, Yoenis Cespedes, David Peralta, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, J.D. Martinez, Kelly Johnson, Nelson Cruz, Ender Inciarte, Lorenzo Cain
Outfield Tier 2:
Franklin Gutierrez, Mark Trumbo, A.J. Pollock, Gerardo Parra, Delino DeShields, Ben Zobrist, Jose Bautista, Josh Reddick
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Mets – Cespedes, Lagares, Cuddyer, d’Arnaud
Rockies – Arenado, LeMahieu, Gonzalez, McKenry/Hundley
Rangers – DeShields, Beltre, Andrus, Fielder
Royals – Hosmer, Zobrist, Cain, Moustakas, Morales, Perez, Escobar
Tigers – Martinez, Cabrera, Martinez, Gose
Diamondbacks – Peralta, Lamb, Inciarte, Goldschmidt, Pollock
Reds – Votto, Frazier, Suarez, Phillips