Saturday, August 29thth DFS MLB Plays
2 Cash, 3 GPP for FanDuel and 1 Cash, 2 GPP for DraftKings.
- Corey Kluber
- Jon Lester
- Luis Severino
- Jordan Zimmermann
- Hisashi Iwakuma
- Mike Fiers
- Garrett Richards
- Jeff Samardzija
Corey Kluber is the top play tonight in a decent matchup with the Angels. The Angels are a pretty average team vs RHP and Kluber is one of the best. Ultimately on a shorter slate the Angels make a fine contrarian stack with the high projected ownership on Kluber. Jon Lester is next in line in a nice park (staying in NL) against the Dodgers but his price moves him into a tournament only category for me tonight. Luis Severino has a massive price difference across the industry where he is a near must play on FanDuel and only a secondary option on DraftKings. The Yankees are on the road but this is a positive park shift for the Yankees pitchers. Garrett Richards and Jeff Samardzija are both quality pitchers that have a lot of upside in tournaments tonight.
- Francisco Cervelli – The Pirates get another LHP tonight at home at PNC. Cervelli typically draws a top 5 lineup spot against LHP making him a fine play in all formats.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Lucroy has the ideal lineup spot hitting 2nd for the Brewers most nights. Fine play in a great hitters park against Sampson.
- Stephen Vogt – Vogt and the A’s get another game at Chase and a large positive park shift. The A’s played well last night but never quite strung
- Matt Wieters – Wieters may or may not be in the O’s lineup tonight. He is an acceptable play in all formats as a switch hitter.
- Brian McCann – McCann is back in ATL against his former team and he hit a HR last night. The matchup is a little more difficult tonight but still a fine spot for the Yankees.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy ranks as our top play at 1B and top overall hitter in the model tonight at home against the A’s pitching and sketchy bullpen. Goldy is playing very well again right now and there is no reason to think he won’t produce tonight.
- Joey Votto – Votto is on the road but remains in a great hitters park tonight against the Brewers. We love the guaranteed 9th inning AB’s as a tie breaker. Votto has a lot of upside here tonight.
- Adam Lind
- Prince Fielder – Prince was a little disappointing last night but he still ranks very well in the model and the price is just too good to pass up at just $3,000 on FanDuel.
- Jose Abreu – DraftKings tournament option.
2nd Base Rankings
- Robinson Cano – Cano and the Mariners have a large positive park shift tonight and he ranks as the top play despite facing a quality pitcher.
- Jedd Gyorko – Gyorko is really proving to be a quality hitter against LHP and the Padres are setup well for LHP. Fine play tonight in all formats and a must play if you’re stacking the Padres.
- Anthony Rendon – Rendon and the Nats really let us down a few times last night but they rank well again tonight and
- Jason Kipnis
3rd Base Rankings
- Miguel Sano – Sano continues to impress and hit well against all pitching. This guy has numbers that indicate he will be one of the elite hitters in the game if he can keep it up.
- Josh Harrison – Harrison ranks very well in the model if he gets the start tonight. The Pirates are loaded at these positions so he isn’t guaranteed a lineup spot.
- Manny Machado – The O’s have a decent matchup on the road tonight and Machado has big HR upside in a solid hitters park in Texas.
- Yangervis Solarte
- Carlos Correa – Correa is once again a top play but is better suited for tournament use.
- Jung-Ho Kang – Kang has a great matchup in a poor park tonight. I’m interested to see how the Pirates lineup tonight.
- Clint Barmes
- Didi Gregorius – Yankees lefties are all in play again tonight.
- Ian Desmond – We prefer Desmond vs LHP but Koehler isn’t a very good RHP so he is an acceptable play in all formats if he draws a top 5 lineup spot.
Outfield Tier 1:
Bryce Harper, Josh Reddick, David Peralta, Ender Inciarte, Mark Canha, Steve Pearce, Adam Jones, Mitch Morelnad, Adam Eaton
Outfield Tier 2:
Jayson Werth, Carlos Beltran, Delino DeShields, Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, A.J. Pollock, Ryan Braun, Nick Markakis, Coco Crisp, Seth Smith
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Inciarte, Pollock, Tomas
Pirates – Marte, McCutchen, Kang, Harrison, Cervelli
Yankees – Ellsbury, Gardner, Beltran, McCann
Brewers – Braun, Lucroy, Davis, Gennett
Rangers – Fielder, Moreland, Choo, Odor, DeShields
Athletics – Reddick, Vogt, Lawrie, Valencia