Welcome to Saturday’s edition of RotoMinds Daily MLB Plays. A split slate tonight with 9 games.
- Corey Kluber
- Dallas Keuchel
- John Lackey
- Taijuan Walker
- Noah Syndergaard
- Tyson Ross
Corey Kluber is easily the top play tonight on the 9 game slate. Kluber gets a home game against the Rays. Carrasco struggled a bit with this Rays team last night but that was primarily due to personal command issues all night. Kluber has a K/9 rate over 10 and is pitching in a decent park tonight. John Lackey deserves a look on a shorter slate due to the high win probability against the Phillies tonight.
- Derek Norris – Norris ranks as a top 5 overall hitter tonight thanks to his success against LHP. Robbie Ray has been decent this year but his career numbers indicate that he just isn’t very good. The Padres get a nice park shift tonight and Norris typically hits 2nd against southpaws.
- Brian McCann – Yankee Stadium is very friendly for left handed hitters and McCann always has a nice lineup spot. Great play on a shorter slate.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal has his value tied to the lineup spot… if he is top 5 then he is a core cash play. 6th or lower he will be reserved for tournaments.
- Victor Martinez
- Buster Posey
1st Base Rankings
- Joey Votto – Votto is the top play at 1st base and gets a big bump with a AAA pitcher making a spot start tonight for Tom Koehler who was scratched this afternoon.
- Miguel Cabrera – The move to Yankee Stadium isn’t a huge park shift for the righties but it’s still a nice hitting environment for one of the best hitters in the game.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Great tournament play once against tonight at home at Chase Field.
- Brandon Belt
2nd Base Rankings
- Jason Kipnis – Kipnis earns the top spot tonight but is likely a tournament only play with the price tag on FanDuel.
- Derek Dietrich – Dietrich (and all the Marlins) wasn’t great last night but he is still a top play when hitting 2nd in a huge park shift. Tonight he gets DeSclafani who struggles with left handed hitters. Great play at just 2300 on FanDuel.
- Stephen Drew
- Kolten Wong – Wong was nice for us in tournaments last night and he has another decent matchup tonight with Harang.
- Brandon Phillips – Phillips has been the lead-off man recently for the Reds… he is a strong value play if he continues to lead off tonight against a AAA call up making a spot start.
3rd Base Rankings
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter is the top play at 3b which happens to be the deepest position tonight so he definitely isn’t a must play but someone we want some exposure to if you’re playing multiple entries.
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod picked up number 3,000 last night on a HR in his first AB. Tonight the Yankees get Alfredo Simon who is very hittable for a guy like A-Rod and the price is still fairly realistic.
- Todd Frazier – Could argue that Frazier is now the top play with the pitching change… he is certainly priced like one… GPP only with that asking price.
- Justin Turner
- Jake Lamb
- Chase Headley
- Didi Gregorius
- Jhonny Peralta
- Brandon Crawford
- Carlos Correa
Justin Upton, Nelson Cruz, Michael Brantley and Giancarlo Stanton earn the top plays honor tonight with Justin Upton ranking as the #1 overall hitter tonight.
Outfield Tier 1:
Carlos Beltran, David Peralta, Christian Yelich, Brandon Moss, Brett Gardner, Joc Pederson, Yasiel Puig, Anthony Gose
Outfield Tier 2:
Michael Cuddyer, Hanley Ramirez, Marlon Byrd, David Murphy, Colby Rasmus, Yasmany Tomas, Jay Bruce, J.D. Martinez, Mark Trumbo.
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Padres – Upton, Norris, Kemp, Solarte
Reds – Votto, Phillips, Frazier, Bruce, Byrd
Yankees – Gardner, McCann, Beltran, Teixeira
Dodgers – Puig, Pederson, Grandal, Gonzalez
Cardinals – Carpenter, Wong, Peralta, Heyward
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.