Saturday Daily Plays
The weather looks awful today so we are going to exclude a few games from the write-up. The Tigers-White Sox game looks awful with constant heavy rain. If for some reason this clears up and they play then you will basically want to completely stack this game in your cash games with Kershaw… it’s that simple today. There are 4-5 games that are now at risk of PPD so I will be playing about 70% of my normal volume today with this odd schedule and crazy weather. The write-up is going to look more like a cheat sheet until we have more information on the weather because the plays can and will change drastically based on the weather. We are including the BAL-CLE game in the rankings but we definitely need to keep an eye on this game.
*****Additional notes will be added as the weather situations become more clear.*****
- Clayton Kershaw
- Matt Harvey – Weather risk
- Masahiro Tanaka
- Garrett Richards
- Charlie Morton – Weather risk
- Julio Teheran – Weather risk
It’s Clayton Kershaw day once again! Kershaw gets a great park to pitch in and he gets the Marlins without Giancarlo Stanton. On a day with big weather concerns we get Kershaw in a dome…. sign me up. Matt Harvey is next in line at home against the Reds but we have major weather concerns here with delays likely and PPD possible. Masahiro Tanaka is next in line on the road at HOU. Tanaka gets a bump in park factor against a team that does still K a lot. Once agian on a day with weather concerns it’s probably a good idea to look to the guys pitching indoors.
- Buster Posey/Andrew Susac – Safest play due to weather
- Stephen Vogt – Vogt has a minor injury but he appears to be playing through it.
- Matt Wieters – Weather risk – Top target (outside of DET) if they play this game.
- Chris Iannetta
- Brian McCann
- Yasmani Grandal
1st Base Rankings
- Chris Davis – weather risk
- Lucas Duda – weather risk
- David Ortiz
- Adrian Gonzalez
- Pedro Alvarez – weather risk
2nd Base Rankings
- Jimmy Paredes – weather risk
- Neil Walker – weather risk
- Jason Kipnis – weather risk
- Ben Zobrist
- Robinson Cano
- Joe Panik
3rd Base Rankings
- Matt Carpenter – Top play but once again late weather concern and the price tag aren’t optimal with Kershaw on the mound.
- Evan Longoria – Longo out of the rain against a lefty… Sign me up.
- Justin Turner
- David Freese – Crushes LHP and usually has a great lineup spot and clear weather.
- Manny Machado – weather risk
- Troy Tulowitzki – Top play if you have the salary cap.
- Christian Colon – pure punt if in KC lineup
- Jhonny Peralta
- JJ Hardy -weather risk
- Francisco Lindor – weather risk
- Jake Elmore – Nice punt play on both sites
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, Yasiel Puig, Steven Souza, Joey Butler, Josh Reddick, Michael Brantley (weather), Joc Pederson, Alex Rios
Outfield Tier 2:
Chris Young, Billy Burns, Kole Calhoun, Steve Pearce (weather), Brandon Guyer, Jason Heyward, Gregory Polanco (weather)
Mike’s Top Four Team Stacks
Tigers – WEATHER RISK – Cabrera, Davis, Kinsler, Martinez, Martinez, Cespedes
Rays – Longoria, Butler, Souza, Elmore, Forsythe
Orioles – WEATHER RISK – Machado, Paredes, Wieters, Davis
Dodgers – Pederson, Puig, Gonzalez, Grandal
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.