Saturday, July 25th DFS MLB Plays
What a great night last night where we managed to hit on the lower end pitchers who outscored the top tier guys like Kluber and Scherzer. There might be more of the same tonight with another Coors game. The write-up will be much shorter today because many of the plays are the same tonight.
- Chris Sale
- Matt Harvey
- Carlos Carrasco
- Carlos Martinez
- A.J. Burnett
- Hector Santiago
- Ian Kennedy
- Johnny Cueto
Chris Sale is the top play at pitcher despite a relatively low implied win probability. The 12.0 K/9 rate is enough to provide a solid foundation even if the White Sox are unable to win the game for Sale. Quintana shut the Indians down last night and it’s reasonable to expect more of the same tonight from Chris Sale. Obviously it will be tough to get your Coors exposure with Sale so we might have to look elsewhere in at least a portion of our action. Matt Harvey slides into the #2 spot tonight with Adrian Gonzalez and Yasiel Puig both OUT for the Dodgers tonight. Harvey has been up and down but he is still one of the best pitchers in baseball. I like Harvey at home tonight. Carrasco has a decent matchup as far as opposing hitters are concerned but it’s obviously difficult to project a win against Chris Sale so he does lose a little in cash games but he has big tournament upside. Carlos Martinez gets a nice park to pitch in at home against a relatively weak Braves offense. The Braves don’t strikeout a ton and Freeman is back tonight, but Martinez and the Cards should be able to get the win. Hector Santiago is a guy that makes a lot of sense tonight that we are projecting similar to Cooney and Cashner from last night. Again Santiago isn’t an ace and we would typically never consider him in cash games but the top studs have low win probabilities and we need to focus on the elite hitting environments.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Lucroy is the top play in the model on the road at Chase Field
- Nick Hundley/Michael McKenry – Tough matchup with Cueto. Very interested to see how Cueto does at Coors tonight.
- Brian McCann – Should go under owned in the L vs L matchup but its a decent park and he has shown power against lefties
- Brayan Pena/Tucker Barnhardt
1st Base Rankings
- Adam Lind – Nice alternative to Votto tonight in the great hitters park in Arizona.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy will be here every day… get used to it. Fine play in all formats if you have the cap space.
- Joey Votto – Votto came through will a big HR last night and he is a top target again tonight even in a L vs L matchup with Rusin.
- Albert Pujols – Pujols was awful last night which only helps his ownership level tonight. Less than 10%
- Mark Teixiera – Switch hitter against a vulnerable pitcher in a good park. I don’t expect the Yankees to get shutout tonight
- Eric Hosmer
2nd Base Rankings
- Brian Dozier – Dozier is one of our favorite lefty killers, espeically at home. Nice matchup with Sabathia
- Brandon Phillips – Phillips is a great play in all formats where he is leading off at Coors Field against a LHP.
- Scooter Gennett – Not the best lineup spot but a fine play in a good park.
- Jose Altuve – Weather is poor here but Altuve is worth a look in tournaments against a LHP.
- Kolten Wong
3rd Base Rankings
- Todd Frazier – Frazier is easily the top play at 3B tonight hitting 3rd in the Reds lieup at Coors. Top target in all formats if you have the cap space.
- Trevor Plouffe – Plouffe slides up to the 3 spot tonight for the Twins. Love him against LHP.
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod gets Tommy Milone tonight in a decent hitters park. Nice play in all formats
- Mike Moustakas – Nice matchup for the Royals lefties tonight.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Obvious top play every night the Rockies are at home. DeSclafani has been solid against RHB but Coors Field is a different animal… could be a rough night for DeSclafani.
- Eugenio Suarez – Poor lineup spot hitting 7th but he is a top target at SS due to Coors Field.
- Danny Santana
- Marwin Gonzalez – Love Marwin against the lefties but we need to keep an eye on the weather in KC.
- Carlos Correa – Elite tournament play who should go under owned tonight.
Outfield Tier 1:
Marlon Byrd, Bryce Harper, Andrew McCutchen, Mike Trout, Starling Marte, David Peralta, Torii Hunter, Carlos Gonzlaez, Charlie Blackmon
Outfield Tier 2:
Corey Dickerson, Justin Upton, Gerardo Parra, Delino DeShields, Ender Inciarte, Matt Kemp, Brett Gardner, A.J. Pollock
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Reds – Votto, Frazier, Suarez, Pena, Byrd
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Tulowitzki, Paulsen, LeMahieu
Yankees – Rodriguez, Teixiera, Beltran, Young
Royals – Hosmer, Morales, Moustakas, Escobar, Perez
Pirates – McCutchen, Marte, Ramirez, Kang
Angels – Trout, Pujols, Giavotella, Aybar, Calhoun
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.