Saturday, August 1st DFS MLB Plays
- Jacob deGrom
- Gerrit Cole
- Lance Lynn
- Dallas Keuchel
- Aaron Nola
- Joe Ross
- Cole Hamels
- Raisel Iglesias
Jacob deGrom is the top play on the split slate tonight. Projecting the win for deGrom is difficult tonight so he is best used on a site like DraftKings that rewards more for stikeouts and less for a pitcher win. Cole has a tough matchup on the road but he is definitely in play in this slate where we are still projecting a win for Cole and the Pirates. Aaron Nola has been amazing in his first two starts and he was good in the minors but it’s still too early to label him as an ace… great tournament play tonight.
- Kyle Schwarber – Schwarber’s numbers are obviously in a limited sample size but he projects as the best play at catcher tonight. Schwarber just missed a HR by a few feet last night…. unfortunately we don’t get fantasy points for near misses. Despite the poor results, Schwarber is definitely seeing the ball well.
- Francisco Cervelli – Cervelli ranks well tonight largely due to the large park shift for the Pirates tonight.
- Victor Martinez – The price continues to fall for V-Mart where he is now 3100 on FanDuel. Elite lineup spot in a good hitters park.
- Buster Posey – Posey crushes LHP and its a nice park shift but he gets Cole Hamels. Great tournament play.
- Yadier Molina – Another lefty masher but a poor hitters park. Lineup position here will ultimately determine the value.
- Stephen Vogt
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the top play in an average park against a LHP. I’m not excited about picking on Keuchel at home so Goldy is a tournament only play tonight.
- Freddie Freeman – Freeman is an interesting play tonight as he gets a rookie pitcher who has been lights out. Another tournament option that will have a low ownership level.
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo is having a nice series in the park shift at Milwaukee.. another decent matchup with Garza who is struggling with the HR ball a bit.
- Prince Fielder – Chris Heston is a wildcard but its a tough park to pitch in tonight and Prince should have plenty of opportunity tonight.
- Mark Teixeira – Teixeira is on fire hitting HR’s like they are going out of style. Another great matchup with Danks in a good hitters park.
2nd Base Rankings
- Brian Dozier – Dozier at home vs a LHP. You know the drill… Dozier is your top play at 2B tonight.
- Neil Walker – Walker has seen a his lineup spot decrease recently which is a hit to his value but its a nice park shift here.
- Rougned Odor – Elite value on DK at that price. The Texas lefties are very appealing tonight at home against Heston.
- Jason Kipnis – Great tournament option who will be under owned due to the price/park.
- Jose Altuve – Altuve gets his turn with the Hellickson. Hellickson has been fantastic recently but I still don’t buy it… I’m fine picking on Hellickson.
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod is the top play tonight against John Danks in a hitters park. You will definitely want some exposure tonight if you’re playing multiple lineups.
- Kyle Seager – Seager is similar to Matt Carpenter last night where he is simply too cheap for the lineup spot/park shift. Seager has 2 HR upside tonight.
- Trevor Plouffe – Plouffe is like Dozier where we like him vs LHP. Tournament only play where he is more expensive than Seager.
- Chase Headley – I love Headley as an alternative to A-Rod tonight in tournaments.
- Kris Bryant
- Jhonny Peralta – Peralta is the top play against a LHP tonight. Poor park but that doesn’t matter much for a hitter like Peralta who usually hits the no doubt HR’s.
- Carlos Correa – Correa is always going to be a nice GPP play with his power/speed upside and prime lineup spot. The price tag is simply too aggressive for cash games.
- Brad Miller – Lineup spot is huge in determining value on a player like Miller but I like his upside in tournaments from any lineup spot tonight.
- Jose Iglesias – Great play in all formats if hitting top 5.
- Elvis Andrus – Andrus is a nice way to get exposure to the Rangers offense against Chris Heston.
Outfield Tier 1:
Andrew McCutchen, Shin-Soo Choo, Chris Young, Bryce Harper, Franklin Gutierrez, Seth Smith, Michael Brantley, Gregory Polanco
Outfield Tier 2:
Josh Hamilton, Mitch Moreland, Adam Eaton, Starling Marte, Torii Hunter, Aaron Hicks, Austin Jackson, J.D. Martinez, Josh Reddick
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Yankees – Teixeira, Rodriguez, Young, Headley, Beltran
Rangers – Fielder, Odor, Hamilton, Choo, Moreland
Mariners – Seager, Cano, Smith, Jackson, Cruz, Miller
Indians – Kipnis, Brantley, Santana, Lindor
Twins – Dozier, Hicks, Hunter, Sano
Cubs – Rizzo, Schwarber, Bryant, Fowler, Coghlan