Saturday, August 8th DFS MLB Plays
Birthday edition! Let’s see if we can have a big night on my birthday!
- Tyson Ross
- Garrett Richards
- Trevor Bauer
- Stephen Strasburg
- Ubaldo Jimenez
- Robbie Ray
- Jaime Garcia
Tyson Ross, Richards, Bauer and Strasburg are all relatively close tonight but Ross earns the top spot at home (NL park) in a pitchers park against a weak team. I will admit that Ross does concern me a little against a weak hitting team like the Phillies with his 1.4 WHIP. Ross has the best K rate of any starter throwing today and he is a large favorite (and strong win candidate) at home against Adam Morgan. Garrett Richards is next in line pitching at home which is a big negative park shift for the Baltimore bats. We have seen a huge bump in K rate for Richards over the past 3 games and I think it is here to stay… he has looked very confident in his “stuff” the last few outings that I’ve watched. Home plate ump Gerry Davis is fairly neutral (slight pitchers ump) so no concerns on that front. Trevor Bauer is a huge boom or bust play tonight against the Twins. The Twins are playing very well right now but they can struggle against quality RHP and Bauer has a very nice K rate.
- Victor Martinez -Victor Martinez is easily the clear cut top play on sites where he is a catcher like FanDuel. Switch hitting is always a big plus and the Tigers as a whole are much better against LHP. Great spot for Victor with a price that is just criminal.
- Derek Norris – Norris is the top target for sites that Victor is a 1B only option. Norris and the Padres hit LHP very well despite the poor hitters park. Norris typically draws a top 4 lineup spot against LHP.
- James McCann – Limited sample size but great numbers vs LHP in his young career
- Wellington Castillo – Love Wellington Castillo in tournaments tonight… big HR upside and a price tag that is very aggressive for a non all-star catcher.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Lucroy continues to hit 2nd. Garcia has the largest reverse splits I’ve ever seen so this really isn’t a great matchup despite the L vs R.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the clear cut top play if price is no concern. Nice matchup with a young pitcher at Chase Field. Elite value on FD and high end value on DK.
- Joey Votto – Votto is a RotoMinds favorite due to his elite on base numbers and power upside. Nice park shift for the Reds tonight at Chase.
- David Ortiz – Decent park to hit in tonight for Ortiz. The price doesn’t carry much value but its hard to not like the matchup with Alfredo Simon.
- Justin Bour – Neutral park but the Marlins are used to poor parks. Love the lefties vs Folty.
- Carlos Santana – Switch hitter hitting clean up.
2nd Base Rankings
- Anthony Rendon – Rendon is back in the lineup tonight and he is leading off against Eddie Butler… I can think of worse matchups. Great play in all formats.
- Kolten Wong – Wong hits 2nd against tonight which is key to his value. STL on the road in a nice park shift and guaranteed 9th innings AB’s… take advantage.
- Dee Gordon – Similar play to Wong with more SB upside tonight against an awful SP/C combo for throwing out runners. More guaranteed 9th inning team AB’s
- Jedd Gyorko – Love Gyorko to be under owned in tournaments tonight in Padres mini stacks. Hopefully he is in the lineup tonight.
- Ian Kinsler – Hard to call Kinsler a contrarian play but he is more expensive than Goldshcmidt on FanDuel…. love the play in GPP against LHP. Kinsler actually leads the league in # of multi hit games.
3rd Base Rankings
- Todd Frazier – Another Reds player that ranks well… largely due to park factor against a very average pitcher.
- Miguel Sano – Sano has been kind to us we are just always a little cautious with these rookies since the sample size is limited. Decent park to play in tonight in an important division game.
- Derek Dietrich – Dietrich slides down in the order a bit tonight but slides into a better RBI spot so we still love him to be under owned.
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter in a great hitters park is always fun! Leading off for STL and is a great play in all formats
- Yangervis Solarte – Love Solarte is he manages to grab the lead-off spot again tonight.
- Jake Lamb – Lamb and the D-Backs sucked last night but tonight should be a little different. Back to the well!
- Jose Iglesias – Iglesias has had a few poor games but we will continue to roster him at his price at the top of the Tigers order in good parks. Big upside here.
- Eugenio Suarez – Nice park for the Reds tonight.
- Jhonny Peralta
- Ian Desmond
- Jose Ramirez – Ramirez has big SB upside if he can reach base as the lead-off man for the Indians.
Outfield Tier 1:
Bryce Harper, J.D. Martinez, David Peralta, Michael Brantley, Rajai Davis, Mike Trout, Jason Heyward, A.J. Pollock, Christian Yelich, Matt Kemp
Outfield Tier 2:
Ender Inciarte, Yasmany Tomas, Brandon Moss, Kole Calhoun, Marlon Byrd, Jayson Werth, Randal Grichuk, Carlos Gonzalez
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Pollock, Inciarte, Castillo
Tigers – Martinez, Martinez, Davis, Kinsler
Cardinals – Carpenter, Wong, Heyward, Grichuk
Padres – Kemp, Norris, Upton, Gyorko, Solarte
Marlins – Yelich, Gordon, Dietrich, Bour
White Sox – Eaton, Cabrera, Ramirez, LaRoche