Saturday, July 11th DFS MLB Plays – Early Only.
The write-up will be more like a cheat sheet here for the early only slate.
- Chris Sale
- Matt Harvey
- Dallas Keuchel
- Jon Lester
- Jake Odorizzi
- Raisel Iglesias
Chris Sale is the obvious top play here in the early slate against the Cubs. Sale gets a nice park shift in an NL park where he will face a pitcher at the plate instead of a DH. Sale has a ridiculous 12+ K/9 rate in the American League which should go up in the NL parks. Sale is only a slight favorite due to pitching against Jon Lester on the road but the strikeout potential makes him the top play. Matt Harvey is next in line at home against the Diamondbacks. Arizona can be a scary team but they are very right handed and can get shut down like we saw with Noah Syndergaard last night. Dallas Keuchel gets a nice park shift but the Rays lineup is very right handed so we will move him to tournament section with the other options we have at pitcher.
- Michael McKenry – Should draw the start today in an afternoon game after a night game. Great play if he is in the lineup against a rookie pitcher making his first start at Coors.
- Victor Martinez/Alex Avila – Tigers draw an okay matchup with Phil Hughes. They are one of my more powerful offenses in this slate.
- Dioner Navarrao
1st Base Rankings
- Ben Paulsen – Top play in the model with Abreu facing Lester in a negative park shift.
- Jose Abreu
- Joey Votto
- Edwin Encarnacion
- Joe Mauer – Nice alternative to Paulsen in a decent matchup with Alfredo Simon at home.
2nd Base Rankings
- Ian Kinsler
- Devon Travis – good play but typically a poor lineup spot.
- DJ LeMahieu – Good way to get Coors exposure without breaking the bank. DJ ranks well on a short slate.
- Dee Gordon – SB upside here with the pitcher/catcher combo he is facing.
3rd Base Rankings
- Chris Johnson – Johnson crushes LHP and he ranks as the #1 overall hitter in the model for the early only slate.
- Juan Uribe
- Nolan Arenado – Price tag makes him a tournament only play but there is a good chance he hits a HR this afternoon.
- Evan Longoria – Deep contrarian play against an ace in a bad park…. Longo hits lefties well.
- Derek Dietrich
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play at SS at home. Copy and paste.
- Jose Reyes – Good matchup for Reyes against Chris Young
- Andrelton Simmons – Hoping for a better lineup spot against a LHP. Great play if top 6
- Carlos Correa
- Jose Iglesias
Outfield Tier 1:
Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon, Jonny Gomes, Michael Cuddyer, J.D. Martinez, Alex Rios, Jose Bautista, Marlon Byrd, Yoenis Cespedes
Outfield Tier 2:
Joey Butler, John Mayberry, Christian Yelich, Eddie Rosario, Cameron Maybin, Drew Stubbs, Anthony Gose
Mike’s Top Three Team Stacks
Rockies – Gonzalez, Blackmon, LeMahieu, McKenry, Paulsen, Tulowitzki, Arenado
Tigers – Martinez, Martinez, Cespedes, Kinsler, Avila
Braves – C. Johnson, Simmons, Gomes, Maybin, Uribe
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.