Saturday, July 4th DFS MLB Plays
We are playing the “Early Only” slate today. We will also post a quick rundown, cheat sheet and projections for the late slate for those of you who wish to play.
- Carlos Martinez
- Felix Hernandez
- Michael Pineda
- David Price
- Clay Buchholz
This early slate is nice where we have several options to be pick from at pitcher on just a seven game slate. Carlos Martinez earns the top spot at home (in a pitchers park) against the Padres. Martinez has a K/9 rate that is approaching 10! The Padres just aren’t a great team against RHP and the asking price is pretty fair on Martinez given the game situation. Felix Hernandez is next in line and could easily be the top play, we just prefer the upside of Martinez where he is available at a discount to King Felix. Michael Pineda would be a core cash play if Martinez wasn’t pitching in this slate. Pineda is also offered at a nice discount against a Rays team that has struggled to hit lately. David Price obviously has a ton of upside but I see no reason to pick on the Blue Jays power bats against a LHP.
- Victor Martinez – Losing Miguel Cabrera hurts all of the Tigers value but V-Mart is still the top projected player at the catcher position on FanDuel.
- Brian McCann – McCann is next in line in an elite hitters park for left handed power at Yankee Stadium. If you can spend 3600 at catcher he is definitely a great target.
- Yadier Molina – I’m interested to see where Yadier hits this afternoon. If he is hitting top 5 for some reason he is a near must play at 2600 on this early slate. I love the upside for the price here against a pitcher who can get rocked real quickly.
- Alex Avila
1st Base Rankings
- David Ortiz – Ortiz is playing very well of late but draws a slightly tougher matchup today with McHugh.
- Chris Davis
- Jose Abreu – Abreu is heating up with the weather and today he gets Chris Tillman at home in a day game. Abreu is a top target in cash games at 3600 on FanDuel.
- Pedro Alvarez – Alvarez ranks middle of the pack but I love him in tournaments today. Alvarez is a much better hitter in day games than night games.
2nd Base Rankings
- Robinson Cano
- Neil Walker – Love the Pirates lefties in the day game against the rookie pitcher.
- Kolten Wong – Wong is a strong target for the Cardinals hitting right in front of Matt Carpenter. Wong makes more sense than Walker where he is cheaper and has the added running threat.
- Ian Kinsler – Contrarian play that I like in this matchup.
3rd Base Rankings
- Matt Carpenter – Once again this is the best price we will see all season on Carpenter. Elite value and core target in your cash games.
- Josh Donaldson – GPP Only play but we all know what he is capable of against LHP and price does allow a few long balls.
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod is the contrarian play here… funny, I know.
- Carlos Correa – Correa is the top play in a nice hitters park. Matchup isn’t ideal but he is the top play in projection.
- Jhonny Peralta – Love as part of STL mini stacks
- Didi Gregorius
Outfield Tier 1:
Brett Gardner, Andrew McCutchen, Hanley Ramirez, Jason Heyward, Randal Grichuk, Mookie Betts
Outfield Tier 2:
Ryan Raburn, Colby Rasmus, Preston Tucker, Nelson Cruz, Seth Smith, Adam Eaton, Melky Cabrera
Mike’s Top Four Team Stacks
Cardinals – Carpenter, Wong, Heyward, Peralta, Molina
Red Sox – Ortiz, Ramirez, Betts, Bogaerts
Yankees – Gardner, McCann, Rodriguez, Teixeira
White Sox – Abreu, Cabrera, Eaton, Ramirez, Garcia
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.