Late Slate Notes for July 4th
We are NOT playing the late slate today but here are a few notes if you wish to play.
Pitching Rankings – These are the pitchers I would consider in cash games with Greinke being the top play on FanDuel.
- Zack Greinke
- Matt Harvey
- Alex Wood
Catcher Rankings – These are the catchers I would consider in cash games tonight. As always we want to emphasize lineup order when possible.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Great lineup spot and park to hit in.
- Chris Iannetta – Elite numbers against LHP over his career but typically a poor lineup spot. Decent punt
- Michael McKenry – Expecting McKenry to get the start tonight… good park and he has some pop.
- Joey Votto – Votto is the top play at home against Nelson who really struggles with LHB. Votto should find his way on base a few times tonight, making him the top play with power upside.
- Adam Lind – Lind is on fire and so is his price… probably GPP only at his price when you have Votto $600 cheaper.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Everyone knows Goldy is a great play in a hitters park.
- Wilin Rosario – Rosario is an elite hitter against LHP in his career. Corbin is a good pitcher but he is making his first start of the season tonight so I’m okay with isolated shots at him like Rosario.
- Jeff Baker – Crushes LHP and gets a rookie pitcher. Decent punt play for minimum price. Also a decent park shift here for the fish.
- Scooter Gennett – Gennett has seen his price rise to a level where we need to be careful on his usage. Looking for top 5 lineup spot for this price.
- Johnny Giavotella – Only in play if leading off again.
- Adrian Beltre – Top play in model but as we have noted I think he has lost a step and these numbers might need regressed a bit. The price is fair enough that I think he is still one of the top targets in cash games at 2600.
- David Freese – Freese has hit LHP well in his career and should hit in the top 5 of the LAA lineup tonight in a positive park shift. Great play at min price
- Jake Lamb – If you’re not interested in the first two we will want to look to Lamb in the extreme hitters park in the middle of the D-Backs lineup.
Shortstop – If you’re not playing Tulo I would focus on maximizing value with lineup spot/hitting environment more than focusing on the highest projected players.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play here tonight if you have the cap space to get him in. Tulo gets a young pitcher making his first start of the year. Corbin was great before his injury so it will be very interesting to see how sharp he is tonight.
- Erick Aybar – Prefer him against RHP but the slate is thin.
- Elvis Andrus – Typically hits near top of order against LHP in a good hitting environment.
- Mike Trout
- David Peralta
- Daniel Robertson – If and only if leading off
- Kole Calhoun
- Torii Hunter
- Carlos Gomez
- Marcell Ozuna
- Ryan Braun
- Gerardo Parra
- Alex Gordon
- Lorenzo Cain