Sunday, August 9th DFS MLB Plays
Sunday baseball! One lineup for FanDuel early only and normal schedule for the full slate on both sites.
- Max Scherzer
- Corey Kluber
- Chris Archer
- Jake Arrieta
- Felix Hernandez
- John Lackey
- Shelby Miller
- Mike Fiers
- Alex Wood
Another slate with several top tier pitching options is headlined by Max Scherzer. Max gets the Rockies at home in a large negative park shift for the Rockies hitters. Strasburg struck out 12 last night against this Rockies team and Scherzer has better numbers in every category. The Rockies have a very low implied run total of just 2.6 runs. Kluber, Archer and Arrieta are all very close but we can eliminate one from cash consideration as there are weather issues in Chicago for Arrieta. Kluber and Archer is a virtual coin flip as both guys are pitching at home. Archer has a significantly better park to pitch in but Kluber has a better chance of run support. Ultimately Kluber ranks a little higher in the model but I’m fine with either player in all formats. Lackey is an interesting play because he doesn’t have a big K rate or elite stuff… he is just a winner that gets the job done and pitches deep into games. This is a negative park shift for him but I like his win probability and for that reason he is in play for tournaments.
- Kyle Schwarber – Schwarber ranks as the #1 overall hitter today in the on base model and decent in the projection model so he grabs the top spot at home against Jake Peavy.
- Victor Martinez – V-Mart didn’t let us down last night as he hit another HR! We love this Tigers offense against LHP so we will certainly be back for more on Sunday.
- James McCann – In tournaments we love stacking bottom of the order players in teams that project well as a way to get reduced ownership levels in good spots. McCann is that guy today hitting 7th for the Tigers
- Brian McCann – Short porch at Yankee stadium during a day game is never a bad idea. Big upside play.
- John Jaso – Contrarian play in a bad park. I like Jaso against Bartolo Colon
1st Base Rankings
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo comes in as the top play today against Peavy. We just have to watch the weather here.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy has been awful for us this weekend but that won’t stop us from continuing to ride one of the best hitters in the game in a great hitters park against average at best pitching.
- Mark Teixeira – Teixeira has a ton of value today as a switch hitter in a day game at Yankee Stadium. Great shot at a HR today from Mark.
- Ryan Zimmerman – Love the Nationals against Flande today and Zimmerman has the best lineup spot/price combo of them all.
- David Ortiz
2nd Base Rankings
- Robinson Cano – Cano ranks well in the model today but he is at home in a pretty poor hitters park. These Texas pitchers are the most inconsistent and frustrating in the league. Colby Lewis should struggle with the Seattle lefties but he has been great at times this year. Cano is better suited for tournaments.
- Anthony Rendon – Rendon… another guy who really struggled last night and somehow missed out on the Nationals big night from the lead-off spot. Today Rendon is hitting 2nd and is a great play once again against Flande
- Ian Kinsler – Kinsler is playing well right now but he is one of the most expensive 2B options so he is better suited for tournaments today with the emphasis on top level pitching.
- Kolten Wong – Nice park for the Cardinals to play in. Expecting a nice game from the Cards on Sunday.
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – Another Yankee. Estrada has pitched over his head this season and the Yankees could be the best team in the league to expose the flaws in his game. I wouldn’t go crazy stacking them but I do think you want some exposure if you’re playing multiple lineups.
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter has been great for us this weekend and another nice spot today. Fine play in all formats.
- Todd Frazier
- Kyle Seager
- Jake Lamb – Many of you will probably think I’m crazy for going back to the Diamondbacks again but I trust the model and everything that has worked for me over the past 3 seasons. Diamondbacks lefties should lead the way today as they look to avoid the sweep in front of their home crowd.
- Jose Iglesias – Iglesias continues to hit 2nd for the Tigers. Iglesias has great numbers vs LHP this season.. so good that I have regressed them quite a bit and he still ranks as the top play at SS. Definitely a nice way to get Tigers exposure.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo at Yankee Stadium… still a tournament play but it’s obvious why he is listed.
- Jung-Ho Kang
- Jose Ramirez – Ramirez has great for us last night as he was a HR away from the cycle. We aren’t expecting anywhere near last night but he is a decent hitter and great lead-off man with speed.
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, J.D. Martinez, David Peralta, Rajai Davis, Jayson Werth, Jason Heyward, Justin Upton, Michael Brantley, Ender Inciarte, Bryce Harper
Outfield Tier 2:
Jose Bautista, Jacoby Ellsbury, Brett Gardner, Gregor Blanco, Preston Tucker, Randal Grichuk, Kole Calhoun, Starling Marte, Andrew McCutchen
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Tigers – Davis, Martinez, Martinez, Iglesias, Kinsler
Cubs – Schwarber, Rizzo, Fowler, Coghlan
Nationals – Rendon, Harper, Zimmerman, Werth
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Inciarte, Lamb, Pollock
Cardinals – Heyward, Carpenter, Wong, Grichuk
Rays – Jaso, Sizemore, Longoria, Loney, Forsythe