Sunday, August 16th DFS MLB Plays
Normal Sunday schedule. One early only lineup for FanDuel and normal lineups for the full slate. Once again a little shorter on the write-up with clear cut targets due to extreme hitting environments.
- Chris Sale
- Zack Greinke
- Carlos Martinez
- Matt Harvey
- Madison Bumgarner
- Carlos Carrasco
- Taylor Jungmann
- Joe Ross
- Shelby Miller
Several top tier pitching options today with Sale and Greinke grabbing the top two spots with how games against the Cubs and the Reds but their price points are a little aggressive for targeting the Coors game so guys like Carrasco and Martinez are more appropriate for cash games with Carlos Martinez having the largest implied win probability at home against the Marlins. Taylor Jungmann has a lot of upside against the Phillies and deserves a look in tournaments.
- Derek Norris – Norris is the clear cut top play at catcher against a LHP at Coors with an elite lineup spot.
- Josh Phegely – I love Phegley today hitting clean up for the A’s against a LHP in a great park.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal ranks very well in the model. Probably looking at 5% ownership levels here.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Lucroy will continue to be listed as long as his price doesn’t move. Having a catcher hitting so high in the order is a huge boost.
- John Jaso – See above on Lucroy. Good players with elite lineup spots at a weaker position.
1st Base Rankings
- Chris Davis – Davis is on fire right now and he gets another day game at home against a pitcher who doesn’t miss many bats. Davis has as much HR upside as any player today but he is priced accordingly
- Adam Lind
- Mark Teixeira – Switch hitter in a great park. Hutch has struggled with lefties at times and I like the Yankees to get after him this afternoon.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin gets a young RHP in Severino. I think Edwin takes him deep today. Severino is a good pitcher but this is a very difficult spot to pitch in for any pitcher.
- Adrian Gonzalez
2nd Base Rankings
- Jedd Gyorko – Top play at 2B with platoon edge at Coors. Reasonable price point.
- Jose Altuve – Altuve and the Astros get a young LHP at home. Boyd has good K potential so I’m a little cautious with the Astros today.
- Cory Spangenberg
- DJ LeMahieu – Big upside against Kennedy with the base running and RBI opportunities
- Jonathan Schoop – Schoop has a great matchup today hitting 5th behind elite hitters.
3rd Base Rankings
- Yangervis Solarte – Top play.. another guy playing at Coors ranks as the top play.
- Manny Machado – Machado let us down last night but I love him again today in a day game against a pitcher who doesn’t miss many bats.
- Matt Carpenter – Big upside might go under owned with the Coors game.
- Nolan Arenado – Coors vs Kennedy… good spot for Arenado.
- Pablo Sandoval
- Carlos Correa – Correa ranks as the top play but is immediately moved to GPP only because of the price tag. Big power and speed upside.
- Jose Reyes – Reyes continues to hit 2nd for the Rockies. Elite matchup with Ian Kennedy
- Marwin Gonzalez – Marwin has tournament consideration against LHP as he typically draws a nice lineup spot.
- Xander Bogaerts – The Red Sox have gone absolutely crazy this weekend… while you shouldn’t expect it to continue, they are in the best spot of the weekend today and Xander ranks well.
- Clint Barmes
Outfield Tier 1:
Nelson Cruz, Justin Upton, Mike Trout, Jose Bautista, Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon, Matt Kemp, Gerardo Parra
Outfield Tier 2:
Khris Davis, Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, Lorenzo Cain, Ben Zobrist, Kyle Parker, Melky Cabrera
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Padres – Upton, Kemp, Norris, Gyorko, Solarte
Rockies – Gonzalez, Blackmon, Paulsen, Reyes, Arenado
Yankees – Gardner, Ellsbury, Beltran, Teixeira, McCann
Orioles – Machado, Davis, Parra, Jones, Schoop
Royals – Cain, Zobrist, Perez, Escobar
Astros – Altuve, Correa, Gomez, Gattis
Blue Jays – Bautista, Encarnacion, Donaldson, Tulowitzki