Sunday, August 30th DFS MLB Plays
1 Early Only lineup for FanDuel. 2 Cash, 3 GPP for FanDuel and 1 Cash, 2 GPP for DraftKings.
- Jake Arrieta
- Stephen Strasburg
- James Shields
- Noah Syndergaard
- Jaime Garcia
- Lance McCullers
- Alex Wood
- Julio Theran
- Jose Quintana
Pitching is pretty straight forward today with Jake Arrieta and Stephen Strasburg being the clear cut top plays for cash games. Arrieta is on the road in LA in a very good pitchers park and Strasburg is at home against the Marlins who are statistically the worst team in baseball against RHP. James Shields and Noah Syndergaard both have big upside but are better suited for tournaments or SP2 roles today with the top two options in good matchups. Strasburg is the best value overall at his price point.
- Victor Martinez – Victor once again ranks as the top play today. Today is the day the Tigers will reward us for our loyalty. I love the way the Tigers (on paper) matchup with Buehrle in a great hitters park. Victor has a long history of success in this matchup and he is easily the top play on this slate with Martin hitting 7th.
- Stephen Vogt – Vogt is next in line in a large park shift for the A’s against a very average (or below) pitcher. Take advantage of this park shift and price point while you can.
- James McCann
- Matt Wieters – Nice hitting environment for the O’s today. Holland is a bit of a wildcard… he could shut the O’s down or he could blow up quickly.
- Russell Martin – The Jays are one of the top offenses today but Martin hitting 7th makes him a little better for tournaments with Martinez and Vogt available at a discount.
1st Base Rankings
- Jose Abreu – Abreu gets a nice matchup vs a bullpen LHP for Seattle who is making a spot start. Abreu is the top play in the model at 1B.
- Joey Votto – Votto is close behind in a great park on the road (guaranteed 9th inning team AB) in a good hitters park. The Reds exploded last night so that might influence their ownership levels. Votto is a tournament play only.
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy and the Tigers are one of my favorite stacks on Sunday as we expect the ownership levels will be a little lower than normal due to their poor performance recently and the full slate.
- Prince Fielder – Fielder is by far the best cash game value in a + matchup. The price is just too good to ignore here.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin had a huge 3 HR game yesterday and he gets another R vs R matchup today. We aren’t expecting anywhere near the same results, but he is a fine play if you have the cap.
2nd Base Rankings
- Anthony Rendon – Rendon and the Nats get another LHP today at home. Rendon continues to hit 2nd and is the top play at 2B.
- Jason Kipnis -Kipnis is a top play at 2B today against Jered Weaver. The Indians are another one of my favorite stacks on Sunday.
- Danny Espinosa
- Cory Spangenberg – Spangenberg is a great play in all formats if he gets the start today against a rookie making his first start.
3rd Base Rankings
- David Wright – Wright is hitting 3rd at home vs a LHP. Wright has great history against LHP in his career and the Mets are playing great baseball right now.
- Miguel Sano – Sano let us down last night but he is still a great hitter in a good park today. Great tournament play today at his price point.
- Matt Carpenter
- Josh Harrison – Harrison slides down to 7th today but he is still in play in all formats on FanDuel at his price tag.
- Adrian Beltre
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo will hit 5th today which is interesting. We might lose an AB but he will certainly see and increase in RBI opportunities.
- Jose Iglesias – Iglesias gets a LHP
- Ian Desmond – Desmond in a prime RBI spot vs a LHP is a fine target in all formats. The Nationals SHOULD have a big offensive day today.
- Brandon Crawford – GPP only play who hits LHP very well (L vs L matchup) against a pitcher with massive reverse splits.
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, Nelson Cruz, Adam Jones, Steve Pearce, J.D. Martinez, Josh Reddick, Jayson Werth, Rajai Davis, Mark Canha, David Peralta, Juan Lagares
Outfield Tier 2:
Delino DeShields, Andrew McCutchen, Avisail Garcia, Michael Brantley, Shin-Soo Choo, Carlos Gomez, Khris Davis, Ben Revere
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Encarnacion, Bautista, Revere, Tulowitzki
Rangers – Fielder, DeShields, Choo, Moreland, Beltre
Tigers – V. Martinez, Cabrera, Davis, J. Martinez, Kinsler
Nationals – Harper, Rendon, Desmond, Werth, Zimmerman
Indians – Kipnis, Brantley, Santana, Lindor, Chisenhall
Atheltics – Reddick, Vogt, Canha, Burns, Lawrie