Welcome to Sunday’s edition of RotoMinds Daily MLB Plays. A full slate of games today with two large slates to play including one without Coors Field if you want to avoid the Coors game with the early only slate on FanDuel.
- Matt Harvey
- Masahiro Tanaka
- Jake Arrieta
- Michael Wacha
- Jose Quintana
- Garrett Richards
- Julio Teheran
- Gio Gonzalez
Matt Harvey is the clear cut top play not considering cost. Harvey gets the Braves without Freddie Freeman today. We all know how frustrating the Mets bullpen is when it comes to holding leads for just 3-6 outs, but Harvey is the top play that you need exposure to on Sunday. Masahiro Tanaka is next in line but should be used with caution due to the opponent and ballpark combo. Michael Wacha makes a lot of sense on a site like FanDuel where the win is so valuable where he has the largest win probability of any pitcher throwing on Sunday. The discount from Harvey to Wacha is enough to allow you more Coors Field exposure if you chose to go that route.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Easily the top option at catcher in the model ranking as a top 10 overall hitter with an elite lineup spot.
- Yadier Molina – Yadi is a great target in early only games against the southpaw. Yadi has a long history of success vs LHP.
- Buster Posey – Posey gets a LHP but in a poor hitters park…. great tournament play since he is more expensive than Lucroy.
- Michael McKenry
- Salvador Perez – Another lefty masher with great hitting weather in KC if the rain holds off.
1st Base Rankings
- Ben Paulsen – Paulsen is actually the top ranked 1B play in adjusted wOBA today and a great way to get Coors exposure at just 3200 on FD.
- Joey Votto – Votto and the Reds were awful last night against the rookie making his MLB debut. Look for a better performance this afternoon.
- Chris Davis – Crush Davis gets a RHP in a great hitters park…
- Edwin Encarnacion
2nd Base Rankings
- Derek Dietrich – Dietrich came through in a big way for us last night and we will definitely be going back for a 3rd straight night as he ranks as the #1 2B play in the model and he is minimum price on FanDuel… yes his price has continued to go down after hitting well and getting massive park shifts on the road… makes sense.
- Robinson Cano
- DJ LeMahieu
- Dee Gordon
- Jimmy Paredes
3rd Base Rankings
- Aramirs Ramirez – Ramirez is easily the top play but we need to be careful locking him in before lineups are posted… the Brewers often give players rest on Sundays and Aramis is first on the list most of the time.
- Justin Turner – Turner was nice for us last night in tournaments where he hit a HR. He gets a RHP with reverse splits today in another decent matchup.
- Nolan Arenado
- Todd Frazier – Love the ToddFather in tournaments today.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Obvious top play but reserved for tournaments with price tag.
- Jhonny Peralta – Elite hitters vs LHP and great alternative to Segura today.
- Jean Segura – Elite value if leading off again.
- Jose Reyes
- Jung-Ho Kang
Ryan Braun and Carlos Gomez are easily the top plays. We need to check the status on Gomez before locking him in… but he is a top target if he is in the lineup today.
Outfield Tier 1:
Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, Andrew McCutchen, Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon, Mike Trout, Yasiel Puig, Jose Bautista, Christian Yelich
Outfield Tier 2:
Justin Upton, Alex Rios, David Peralta, Michael Brantley, Joey Butler, Kevin Kiermaier, Starling Marte
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Brewers – Braun, Ramirez, Segura, Gomez
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Paulsen, LeMahieu
Dodgers – Puig, Turner, Pederson, Gonzalez
Marlins – Dietrich, Gordon, Stanton, Ozuna
Reds – Votto, Frazier, Phillips, Bruce, Pena
Orioles – Davis, Machado, Paredes, Parmelee
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.