Sunday DFS MLB Plays
- Madison Bumgarner
- Chris Archer
- David Price
- Zack Grienke
- Michael Pineda
- Felix Hernandez
- Carlos Martinez
- Jason Hammel
- Stephen Strasburg
- Steven Matz
Sunday is ACE day! We have several top tier starting pitchers throwing in decent matchups today. Madison Bumgarner gets the Rockies in an afternoon game where the Rockies typically rest some of the their best players. Obviously this is a huge negative park shift for the Rockies hitters. Bumgarner ranks as our top play but the top 3 are all very close. Chris Archer gets a watered down Red Sox lineup in a big negative park shift for the Sox. David Price is at home against the White Sox. Michael Pineda deserves cash game consideration on DraftKings at just 7500.
- Stephen Vogt – More of a tournament play with his price tag but Guthrie really struggles with LHB.
- Russell Martin – Great team matchup but probably a tournament only play since he has dropped to 6th in the lineup.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Best value for cash games at home against a LHP. Almost plug and play here.
- Buster Posey – Elite tournament play that is always under owned. Issue is we may not know if he is in the lineup before our contests lock.
- Victor Martinez
- Matt Wieters
1st Base Rankings
- Edwin Encarnacion – #1 1B player in our model today. Edwin is a reverse splits guy who hits for power against RHP. Today he gets a rookie making a start in a tough environment for pitching. Blue Jays have the highest team total of any team today.
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy is always in play if you have the cap.
- Chris Davis – Davis is a nice way to get exposure to the O’s today. He does strikeout a lot but he has a ton of HR upside in this park.
- Brandon Belt – Belt got the day off yesterday so I expect him to be in the lineup this afternoon against Kyle Kendrick. Great matchup
2nd Base Rankings
- Devon Travis – Tournament only play since he is hitting 9th still.
- Rougned Odor/Danny Espinosa – Both plays are elite value plays hitting 2nd in their respective lineups
- Jimmy Paredes – Another nice way to get exposure to the O’s if he is in the game 1 lineup.
- Brian Dozier – Nice park in Milwaukee and Dozier has HR and SB upside.
- Ben Zobrist – Great matchup with Gurthie who struggles with LHB and Zobrist is a better hitter from the left side.
3rd Base Rankings
- Joey Gallo – The value of Gallo depends on the lineup spot. Great value in a great park if he is hitting top 5 today.
- Aramis Ramirez – Like we always say… Aramis has clearly lost a step but he is still an elite hitter against LHP and he gets to play at home.
- Alex Rodriguez – Don’t really need to say much about A-Rod…
- Josh Donaldson – Fairly expensive but he is expensive for a reason. Blue Jays have the highest implied run total today
- Adrian Beltre
- Troy Tulowitzki – Not picking on Bumgarner
- Jose Reyes – Reyes is really the top play when you throw out Tulo against Bumgarner. Switch hitter with speed in an elite hitting environment.
- Ian Desmond
- Jean Segura – Another great play leading off for the Brewers today.
- Asdrubal Cabrera – Yet another elite value leading off today.
Outfield Tier 1:
Bryce Harper, Jose Bautista, Nelson Cruz, Ryan Braun, Carlos Gomez, Shin-Soo Choo, Starling Marte, Michael Brantley
Outfield Tier 2:
Mark Trumbo, Josh Reddick, Denard Span, Kevin Kiermaier, Mark Canha, Billy Burns, Mitch Moreland
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Reyes, Bautista, Encarnacion, Donaldson, Martin
Brewers – Braun, Gomez, Ramirez, Segura, Lucroy
Nationals – Harper, Span, Espinosa, Robinson
Orioles – Machado, Davis, Paredes, Snider
Athletics – Zobrist, Vogt, Burns/Fuld
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.