Sunday, July 5th DFS MLB Plays
We are playing the “Early Only” and “All day” slates on FanDuel and the full slate only on DraftKings
- Lance Lynn
- Gerrit Cole
- Danny Salazar
- Cole Hamels
- Shelby Miller
- Steven Matz
- Kyle Hendricks
- Mike Bolsinger
Lance Lynn earns the top spot for us today due to the increased win probability relative to the other top tier pitchers. Lynn gets the Padres at home without Justin Upton this afternoon. The Cardinals are a -172 favorite currently and they get a nice watered down Padres lineup. You could argue Gerrit Cole as the top pitcher and I wouldn’t fault you… I like Cole a lot today but I think picking on the Padres is a better idea than picking on the Indians who will throw 6 LHB at Cole today. Danny Salazar has tournament upside and will likely go under owned due to the matchup against Cole. Matz was fantastic for us (in tournaments) in his debut and he makes another decent tournament play tonight. Kyle Hendricks is one of my favorite tournament plays that will almost certainly be 5% or less owned today.
- Brian McCann – McCann is a top tier play at Yankee Stadium if you chose to spend up at catcher.
- Matt Wieters – Wieters has really let us down over the last 5 days but he ranks well once again and in a good hitters park…
- Wellington Castillo – Best value of the group here but we might not have a lineup before our contests lock.
- Alex Avila – Increased value with Cabrera out where he should continue to hit 5th.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Obvious top play at 1b and clear cut top overall play in our model today. If you can find a way to get Goldy in I would do it.
- Adam Lind – Tournament play due to price but Lind is on fire right now with a decent matchup with Leake in a nice park.
- Joey Votto – Votto is going to rank well every day he faces a RHP due to his elite ability to reach base and also hit for power. Anytime Votto is at home against a RHP he is definitely in play and the price tag is about as low as it will go on Votto right now.
2nd Base Rankings
- Robinson Cano – Cano is just flat out too cheap.
- Brian Dozier – Dozier against a LHP… you know the drill. We love the Twins in tournaments today against Danny Duffy.
- Scooter Gennet – Have to be sensitive here with the lineup spot at this price but he ranks well.
- Johnny Giavotella – Great value play IF and only if he is leading off today against Lewis.
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – AROD is the top play at 3B today but his price tag has finally risen to a level where he isn’t a core target in cash games. I do love A-Rod in tournaments today as I think he has a top 5 HR probability today against Erasmo Ramirez.
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter wasn’t great yesterday but he got the job done and we will continue to take advantage of the depressed price tag while we can. Carpenter is an elite play that offers tons of fantasy goodness with his ability to reach base.
- Josh Donaldson
- Todd Frazier
- Trevor Plouffe
- Troy Tulowitzki – I think you all know Tulo is the top play by now. He is cash game playable on FanDuel at 3700.
- Carlos Correa – Elite tournament play where the price tag is higher than Tulo… should be pretty low owned.
- Jhonny Peralta
- Nick Ahmed – Great play if leading off against LHP again.
- Erick Aybar
Mike Trout is easily the top play and the #2 overall hitter in the model. We love Trout and the LAA again today in the big park shift at Texas against Colby Lewis. Trout has had a lot of success individually against Colby Lewis in his young career.
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, A.J. Pollock, Kole Calhoun, J.D. Martinez, Charlie Blackmon, Adam Jones, Jose Bautista
Outfield Tier 2:
Kyle Blanks, Steve Pearce, Yasmany Tomas, Joey Butler, Denard Span, Matt Joyce, Jason Heyward, Scott Van Slyke, Gerardo Parra
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Angels – Trout, Calhoun, Aybar, Pujols, Giavotella
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Pollock, Tomas, Ahmed, Peralta
Astros – Altuve, Correa, Gattis, Carter
Twins – Dozier, Plouffe, Hunter, Mauer
Cardinals – Carpenter, Wong, Heyward, Peralta
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.