Thursday, July 30th DFS MLB Plays
- Chris Sale
- Jake Arrieta
- Carlos Martinez
- Carlos Carrasco
- Shelby Miller
- Scott Kazmir
- Jimmy Nelson
- Matt Shoemaker
- A.J. Burnett
- Danny Duffy
Chris Sale is the clear cut top pitcher tonight on the road against Boston. Fenway park is a decent hitters park but its still a positive park shift for Sale or neutral at worst. The biggest threat to Sale tonight is the weather in Boston. You are going to have to pay up to get Sale tonight but he is clearly the top play by a good margin if the weather clears up. Jake Arrieta, Carlos Martinez and Carlos Carrasco are all in the “next in line” tier. Arrieta gets a negative park shift against the Brewers but they are now playing without Carlos Gomez which really limits some of the risk associated with the Brewers. Arrieta has big strikeout upside against a watered down Brewers lineup. Carlos Martinez gets COL at home in a huge negative park shift for the Rockies who are now playing without Troy Tulowitzki. Carlos Carrasco is probably the most frustrating pitcher in MLB this season but he gets a big positive park shift on the road in Oakland tonight where he is a modest favorite in a game with a total of just 7. Danny Duffy is worth a look in tournaments tonight because of his extremely low projected ownership level against a righty heavy lineup of the Blue Jays. Duffy has been lights out in his 4 starts since returning from injury/minor leagues allowing just 4 ER in 4 starts. We all know how good the Royals bullpen is so there is a good change Duffy can steal a win here if he can shut the Jays down for 5 innings.
- Kyle Schwarber – Schwarber is the top play in a nice park shift for the Cubs tonight in Milwaukee. Miller Park really rewards left handed power which is exactly what Scwarber offers. Great play in all formats and great price on DraftKings.
- Francisco Cervelli – Cervelli is quietly having a nice year for the Pirates and he has hit LHP well in his career. Holmberg is starting for the Reds tonight and he just isn’t a major league quality pitcher. Take advantage of the large park shift for the Pirates tonight.
- Chris Iannetta – Pure punt play with some pop.
- Brian McCann
- Victor Martinez
1st Base Rankings
- Freedie Freeman – Freeman has a good matchup at home (poor park) against Aaron Harang. There is some weather concern here but I think they get the game in. Good chance to grab a HR threat at 5% or less ownership in tournaments.
- Chris Davis – Crush Davis gets his turn with Alfredo Simon tonight at home in Baltimore. Simon has issues with LHB and Davis has as much HR upside as any player playing tonight.
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo gets a nice park shift against another guy who has some pretty extreme splits and struggles with LHB’s.
- Eric Hosmer – Hosmer and the Royals get a large positive park shift tonight in Toronto. Hosmer is playing at a very high level right now and Marco Estrada is far from an ace against a contact hitting team like the Royals.
- Joey Votto – Good matchup against A.J. Burnett at home in the friendly park for hitting.
- Jose Abreu – Abreu was okay but not great last night considering what the White Sox did as a team. Another good matchup tonight against Wright.
2nd Base Rankings
- Brian Dozier – Dozier at home with the wind blowing out against a lefty… easily the top play at 2B tonight against Haap.
- Jason Kipnis – Poor park shift for the Indians. Nice spot to get the Indians lefties with low ownership levels
- Devon Travis – Travis is a nice play if he is back in the lineup tonight
- Jimmy Paredes
- Ben Zobrist – Zobrist is making his Royals debut tonight hitting 6th (great spot in this lineup)
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson is the clear cut top play at 3B at home against a LHP. Duffy has been really good since returning so Donaldson isn’t a must play, but a strong one.
- Aramis Ramirez – Ramirez is another lefty masher who is now with the Pirates hitting behind Marte and McCutchen… nice play in all formats against a poor LHP.
- Alex Rodriguez
- Kyle Seager – Nice park shift and hitting conditions for Seager tonight. I love him in all formats.
- Mike Moustakas – Big park shift for the Royals and Moose will be under owned.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo did not let us down last night in his TOR debut. He is basically an auto play tonight due to his price point.
- Jhonny Peralta – Peralta hits lefties well but Rusin gets a huge positive park shift tonight in St. Louis.
- Elvis Andrus – Sabathia is now pitching for the Yankees with Pineda on the DL. Great spot for Andrus at home.
- Marwin Gonzalez
- Carlos Correa
Outfield Tier 1:
Andrew McCutchen, Starling Marte, Jose Bautista, Mike Trout, Delino DeShields, Nelson Cruz, Michael Brantley, Preston Tucker, Melky Cabrera, Jacoby Ellsbury, Adam Eaton
Outfield Tier 2:
Carlos Beltran, Corey Dickerson, Colby Rasmus, Aaron Hicks, Adam Jones, Seth Smith, Brett Gardner, Franklin Gutierrez
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Pirates – McCutchen, Marte, Ramirez, Cervelli
Blue Jays – Tulowitzki, Donaldson, Martin, Bautista
White Sox – Eaton, Saladino, Cabrera, Ramirez, Abreu
Royals – Hosmer, Moustakas, Cain, Zobrist, Escobar
Twins – Dozier, Hunter, Hicks, Sano, Mauer
Tigers – Kinsler, Cespedes, Martinez, Martinez, Iglesias
Yankees – Ellsbury, Gardner, Headley, Gregorius