Thursday, August 13th DFS MLB Plays
A very short 5 game slate tonight. Tonight is a great night to take the day off or play lightly with only 5 games and a large amount of overlap in picks. Write-up will be very short today with just a few viable plays at each position.
- Francisco Liriano
- Stephen Strasburg
- Lance Lynn
- Mat Latos
- Garrett Richards
- Trevor Bauer
Liriano, Strasburg, and Lynn are all very close in the model and ultimately all are fine plays in a both cash and tournaments tonight. Strasburg was fantastic in his last start (first start off DL) but draws a tougher matchup tonight but he gets a really nice park to pitch in on the road against the Giants. Lance Lynn has a ton of value pitching deep into games but its difficult to project a win against Liriano. Latos gets his former team in a good park but he is more of a tournament option tonight that has win probability against a young pitcher for the Reds. Richards has been good at limiting runs but the Royals are a tough team that doesn’t K very much.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal is the top play at catcher as a switch hitter. Hopefully he can grab a top 5 lineup spot
- Buster Posey – Elite hitter always in play on a short slate
- Brian McCann – Yankees lefties in play in a decent park.
- Yan Gomes
1st Base Rankings
- Adrian Gonzalez – AGON is the top play at home in a poor park but against a young pitcher who has had issues with lefties. Big upside on a short slate.
- Mark Teixeira – OUT tonight… annoying.
- Carlos Santana – Switch hitter with a good lineup spot against a pitcher who really struggles with LHB.
- Albert Pujols – Guthrie really only struggles with LHB but Pujols should have a few RBI opportunities tonight.
- Joey Votto
2nd Base Rankings
- Anthony Rendon – 2B is very weak tonight. Rendon is the top play on the road at AT&T park.
- Neil Walker – Not excited to pick on Lance Lynn but its a short slate and Walker is the next in line as far as player skill set.
- Jose Pereza
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – Yankees have a ton of upside against Bauer who has issues with command from time to time. A-Rod has big HR upside tonight.
- Chase Headley – Guaranteed 9th inning team AB is huge for the Yankees tonight on a very short 5 game slate we want to maximize AB’s as much as possible.
- Lonnie Chisenhall
- Yunel Escobar
- Matt Duffy
- Jimmy Rollins – SS is another very weak position tonight so we will likely be looking to prioritize lineup spot over anything.
- Ian Desmond
- Jhonny Peralta – Big upside tournament play that hits LHP very well.
- Brandon Crawford
- Jose Ramirez/Francisco Lindor
Outfield Tier 1:
Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Kole Calhoun, Michael Brantley, Yasiel Puig, Brett Gardner, Billy Hamilton, Gregory Polanco
Outfield Tier 2:
Carlos Beltran, David Murphy, David DeJesus
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Yankees – Ellsbury, Gradner, Beltran, Headley, Rodriguez
Angels – Trout, Calhoun, Aybar, Pujoles, Murphy
Indians – Brantley, Santana, Ramirez, Lindor
Dodgers – Grandal, Gonzalez, Ethier, Puig
Reds – Votto, Hamilton, Frazier, Bruce, Phillips