Thursday, August 27th DFS MLB Plays
2 Cash, 3 GPP for FanDuel and 1 Cash, 3 GPP for DraftKings.
- Gerrit Cole
- Joe Ross
- Carlos Rodon
- Carlos Martinez
- Drew Smyly
- Andrew Cashner
Gerrit Cole is the clear cut top play based on talent alone. Cole has a K/9 rate approaching 9.5 and he gets a positive park shift in Miami in a NL park where he will face a pitcher at the plate. After Cole we have a few high upside plays with guys like Joe Ross, Carlos Rodon and Carlos Martinez. All of these guys have good strikeout upside but all have a few limitations working against them tonight. Ross is next in line but he is on an innings limit for the season so he could have a shot leash maybe 5-6 innings. Rodon has big strikeout upside against a pretty lefty heavy team in Seattle but he has a tough park to pitch in. Martinez has a really tough park to pitch in against a dangerous team that has power and speed.
- Travis d’Arnaud – Travis d’Arnaud is the top play with the most upside tonight but he is definitely priced as such so he is probably better suited for tournaments tonight.
- Francisco Cervelli – Cervelli gets a prime lineup spot hitting 5th tonight on the road (guaranteed 9th inning team AB) in a poor park, but the Pirates are used to playing in poor parks.
- Yadier Molina – Molina and the Cards have a nice positive park shift at Chase Field.
- Geovany Soto – Soto ranks well for all formats if he is in the lineup tonight at home against Elias
1st Base Rankings
- Jose Abreu – Jose Abreu comes in as the top play tonight at 1B at home in a great park against Elias.
- Darin Ruf – Ruf ranks well in the model which is a little shocking but he has a decent lineup spot hitting 6th tonight against Jon Niese.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy appears to be heating up again and has a nice matchup at home in a great hitters park. Carlos Martinez is a good pitcher but he is a little wild at times.
2nd Base Rankings
- Daniel Murphy – Murphy is hitting 3rd tonight in a nice matchup with Harang. The Mets are on the road here so we get that important 9th inning team AB.
- Kolten Wong – Wong is a great play if he is in the Cards lineup tonight. Ruby struggles with lefties and this park is ideal for Wong’s skill set.
- Kelly Johnson – Johnson has moved to 2B on FanDuel which is annoying for stacking the Mets but he is a fine option hitting 5th tonight in a good lineup.
- Brian Dozier – Poor park but Dozier is very good vs LHP. Fine tournament play.
3rd Base Rankings
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter is the easily the top play at 3B in a big park shift against a guy who really struggles with lefties. De La Rosa has a wOBA allowed approaching .400 vs lefties.
- Andres Blanco – Feels weird playing/recommending Phillies but Blanco is playing well (ranking well) and has a prime lineup spot hitting 2nd.
- Evan Longoria – Another lefty masher who has fallen off a bit but he still has tournament appeal on a short slate vs a very average LHP.
- Aramis Ramirez – Pirates get a young LHP tonight. Definitely worth a look in tournaments despite the poor park.
- Jhonny Peralta – 3 of the other targets we had listed are OUT of the lineup tonight so Peralta becomes the clear cut top play at SS in a great park shift.
- Alexei Ramirez – Ramirez is a fine play in all formats and could gain extra value if he draws a better lineup spot tonight.
Outfield Tier 1:
Nelson Cruz, Bryce Harper, Jason Heyward, Curtis Granderson, Trayce Thompson, Starling Marte, Andrew McCutchen, Avisail Garcia
Outfield Tier 2:
Denard Span, Brandon Guyer, Franklin Gutierrez, Ender Inciarte, Austin Jackson, Tommy Pham
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
White Sox – Abreu, Garcia, Ramirez, Thompson
Mets – Granderson, d’Arnaud, Flores, Murphy, Johnson
Cardinals – Carpenter, Heyward, Peralta, Pham, Wong
Pirates – McCutchen, Marte, Cervelli, Kang, Harrison
Rays – Longoria, Guyer, Forsythe, Beckham