Thursday Daily Plays
- Jacob deGrom
- Sonny Gray
- James Shields
- Chris Heston
- Jon Lester
Jacob deGrom is the clear cut top play in projection against the Brewers. The road environment and negative park shift are a little concerning for deGrom but he is still the top play with the most upside. The last few days are a perfect example of why I believe it’s optimal to play multiple cash lineups with top tier pitching in less than ideal conditions we really want to spread out our exposure. The Brewers are a scary team because of the power they have as a team, but they rank near the bottom of the league against RHP. Chris Heston and James Shields are both great plays that face each other this afternoon. Dropping to a guy like Heston really opens up your hitting with several high run scoring environments today.
- Stephen Vogt – Top play in projection in a big park shift + elite lineup spot… clearly the top play.
- James McCann
- Victor Martinez – V-Mart would be close to the top play if he was hitting left handed but there is a lefty on the mound against the Tigers so he will bat right handed today.
- Matt Wieters – Decent tournament option but similar to Martinez, we prefer him from the other side of the plate.
- Wellington Castillo – Great play if he is in the ARI lineup today (He should be against a LHP)
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the obvious top play at 1B and the top overall play in the RotoMinds model.
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy is the #2 overall hitter in the model and makes a great play in any format that you can afford the price tag. Try to use multi position eligibility and play Miggy at 3B on DraftKings.
- Ben Paulsen – Crushes RHP even though we haven’t seen it much this series.
- Lucas Duda – Nice park shift for Duda in Milwaukee
2nd Base Rankings
- Ben Zobrist – Zobrist is a switch hitter who is hitting from his better side today in a great matchup and positive park shift.
- Aaron Hill
- DJ LeMahieu – DJ’s value is strictly due to the lineup spot and park factor.
3rd Base Rankings
- Brett Lawrie
- Kris Bryant
- Nolan Arenado – Huge power upside as we saw the other night with 2 HR’s. I don’t need to tell you he is a great play by now.
- Pablo Sandoval – Contrarian value play.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play here if salary cap isn’t a concern. Too expensive for cash games but a great tournament play.
- Marcus Semien – Another guy who has his value tied to the lineup spot. Elite contrarian play if hitting top 5 tonight.
- Cliff Pennington/Nick Ahmed – If hitting top 6
- Jose Iglesias
A.J. Pollock, Carlos Gonzalez (if in lineup) and Charlie Blackmon are the top plays today and are all fine plays in all formats.
Outfield Tier 1:
Josh Reddick, Rajai Davis, Bryce Harper, Billy Burns, Yasmany Tomas, J.D. Martinez, Yoenis Cespedes
Outfield Tier 2:
Adam Eaton, Melky Cabrera, Travis Snider, Steve Pearce, Mark Canha, Curtis Granderson
Mike’s Top Four Team Stacks
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Paulsen, LeMahieu, Hundley
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Pollock, Tomas, Hill, Castillo
Athletics – Vogt, Zobrist, Burns, Semien
Mets – Granderson, Duda, Flores, Tejada
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.