Thursday, July 9th DFS MLB Plays
Awesome night last night for us on DraftKings where we finished 2nd in the Payoff Pitch! Tonight is an odd slate with only 7 games, 6 top tier pitchers AND a Coors Field game. I’m playing roughly 65-70% of my normal cash game volume tonight with a little more emphasis on tournaments with so many pitching options. I will post 4 FanDuel and 2 DraftKings GPP lineups for Ultimate members tonight.
- Jose Fernandez
- Zack Greinke
- Carlos Martinez
- Felix Hernandez
- David Price
- Garrett Richards
- Cody Anderson
We have several cash game viable pitching options tonight so the final decision here will come down to weather, umpire and sharp money movements for this top tier of pitching. Jose Fernandez was solid in his season debut and he gets another home game to settle in tonight against the Reds who are dealing with a large negative park shift. Fernandez saw a slight bump in velocity post surgery and he appears to be in great physical condition. Zack Greinke could easily be the top spot tonight due to the large implied win probability with the -300 tag tonight at home against the Phillies. Those of you that have been with me for a while know that I only target Greinke at home at Dodger stadium. Felix Hernandez is another top option tonight at home against the Angels who are coming off a very late night at Coors Field. The LAA@SEA game is unique tonight because I could see both stacking the Angels in a tournament and using Felix (in different lineups). David Price is a great GPP play but he is in the tournament only category for me tonight due to the plethora of options and the Twins strength against LHP in a good park.
- Michael McKenry – Great play if he gets a spot start here.
- Victor Martinez/Alex Avila – Both are drawing great lineup spots with the injury to Miggy and both should go under owned tonight with the Coors game and Grandal.
- A.J. Pierzynski – Pierysnki isn’t a great hitter but he does have some pop and gets a huge park shift at Coors Field and a good lineup spot. Fine play in all formats on a short slate.
- Yan Gomes – Gomes has been great against LHP in his career and hits for power.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal is having a great season for the Dodgers and gets another game hitting left handed. Elite play if hitting 5th.
1st Base Rankings
- Wilin Rosario – Rosario at home against a lefty… doesn’t get better than this for Rosario who has dual positional eligibility on DraftKings. Alex Wood is a solid pitcher but
- Adrian Gonzalez – Gonzalez is hitting well right now and draws a great matchup (minus the park) against a young pitcher that struggles with left handed batters.
- Justin Bour – Tournament play with HR upside even in a poor park
- Carlos Santana – Santana ranks very well in tournaments tonight and should go under owned as much as someone can on a 7 game slate.
2nd Base Rankings
- Jace Peterson – Peterson is the top play at 2B almost completely due to the large park shift for the Braves tonight.
- Ian Kinsler
- Robinson Cano – Cano is playing well and remains under priced.
- DJ LeMahieu – Great play as long as he continues to hit 2nd. Again the value is in the lineup spot and park factor, not the hitter.
- Dee Gordon
- Brian Dozier – Tournament play with HR upside against David Price.
3rd Base Rankings
- Nolan Arenado – Arenado is the clear cut top play in the game at Coors but his price moves him to the GPP only category pretty quickly.
- Juan Uribe
- Justin Turner – Turner hits RHP very well and carries an elite hitting spot on a short slate.
- Luis Valbuena
- Derek Dietrich – Dietrich is a streaky hitter who is seeing the ball well right now and gets a nice matchup despite the poor park. The price is just too low here.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play at SS at home and a very reasonable price tag on DraftKings.
- Carlos Correa – Correa is the contrarian play tonight due to price. Great shot to get 6-8% ownership in tournaments. We can probably leave this copy and paste every night.
- Jhonny Peralta – Peralta is one of our favorite players anytime he faces a LHP. The park isn’t ideal but with Peralta’s power it isn’t as important.
- Andrelton Simmons – Fine play in all formats due to park factor. Becomes elite value if he draws a top 4 spot in lineup tonight.
- Pedro Ciriaco
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, Joc Pederson, Nick Markakis, Kelly Johnson, J.D. Martinez, Drew Stubbs, Yoenis Cespedes, Christian Yelich, Cameron Maybin
Outfield Tier 2:
Colby Rasmus, Ryan Raburn, Michael Brantley, Preston Tucker, Brandon Moss, Jonny Gomes, Anthony Gose, Nelson Cruz
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Dodgers – Pederson, Gonzalez, Grandal, Turner
Indians – Brantley, Moss, Kipnis, Santana, Raburn
Braves – Peterson, Simmons, Pierzynski, Johnson
Rockies – Tulowitzki, Arenado, Rosario, LeMahieu
Marlins – Gordon, Dietrich, Yelich, Bour
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.