Tuesday, July 28th DFS MLB Plays
Troy Tulowitzki and Jose Reyes have been traded for each other. Tulowitzki is OUT tonight so nothing to worry about here. Jose Reyes might play for the Rockies which makes things interesting because Jose Reyes points will NOT count on DraftKings but they WILL count on FanDuel. Reyes is the top play at SS on FanDuel if he is able to play tonight.
- Jose Fernandez
- David Price
- Noah Syndergaard
- James Shields
- Sonny Gray
- Ubaldo Jimenez
- Hisashi Iwakuma
- Jaime Garcia
- Jake Odorizzi
- Matt Cain
Jose Fernandez is the top play at pitcher tonight at home against the Nationals. Marlins park is a great pitchers park where Fernandez has been absolutely dominant in his career where he has never lost a game. Jose has a nice 11.0 K/9 rate with a good GB/FB numbers and he has actually picked up a little velocity since surgery. The total on this one is 6.5 with Fernandez as a slight favorite. David Price is next in line in a road matchup in Tampa Bay. Price is very familiar with the park in Tampa from his time with the Rays. You could argue that Price is the top play overall and I wouldn’t argue too much. I think the Tigers finally wake up tonight against Odorizzi who has looked a little questionable since returning from injury so there is a good probability of a Tigers win. If you’re a sports better I love the value on Price tonight with DET ML. Noah Syndergaard is a nice alternative to David Price because of the reduced cost and there is basically no trade risk with Syndergaard like there is with Price. The matchup is decent but he is facing another quality starter in James Shields. Matt Cain is playable depending on the lineup the Brewers run out there. He becomes much more realistic if Adam Lind and Ryan Braun sit again tonight.
- Russell Martin – Martin is the top play with Navarro and Ruiz both out in this game. Martin will hit 6th which is okay but certainly isn’t ideal. We all know the Jays crush LHP and Adam Morgan just isn’t a very good LHP in a very tough park to pitch in. The Jays are easily the top target tonight.
- Brian McCann – Another L vs L matchup for McCann in Texas tonight. The Yankees are in a good spot again tonight and McCann should still have RBI opportunities if he is in the lineup.
- Josh Phegley – Poor park tonight but Phegley hits LHP very well and Anderson has been okay but he certainly isn’t an ace. Should have relatively low ownership level tonight.
- Buster Posey – Posey in a R vs R matchup with an elevated price tag… great tournament play tonight against Peralta.
1st Base Rankings
- Jose Abreu
- David Ortiz – Ortiz is on fire right now but the price tag has finally caught up to the production. Ortiz is a nice tournament option against Samardzija but I see no reason to look this way in cash games.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin is one of the top plays if you have the cap against Adam Morgan. There will be plenty of Blue Jays featured today and for good reason.
- Mark Teixeira – Teixeira had a poor game last night if you only looked at the box score but he was robbed of a HR at the wall and of a base hit on a line drive. Hopefully this reduces his ownership % tonight in a great matchup for the switch hitting Yankee.
- Carlos Santana – Santana and the Indians will go overlooked by many because of how good the Royals are in the bullpen but I like Santana and the CLE lefties against Chris Young who is finally dealing with a little regression and now a negative park shift tonight.
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo and the Cubs get a great matchup tonight and I’m not worried about the L vs L matchup because
2nd Base Rankings
- Devon Travis – Travis will take over the lead-off spot with Reyes out of town. This is a huge boost to his value and I’m excited to see what he can do at the top of the lineup tonight against the Phillies.
- Jason Kipnis – Kipnis has seen his price drop back to earth where he is now fairly priced but not a great value. This is good news on a large slate where he gets a home game against a pitcher who can struggle with lefties.
- Jose Altuve – Altuve at home vs a LHP… Yup, that’s a top play candidate. Unfortunately he is priced like one so he will be a tournament only option tonight.
- Neil Walker
- Robinson Cano – Cano is really playing well right now as he finally looks healthy and looks like he is having fun on the field.
- Joe Panik
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson is the obvious top play tonight at 3B and the top play overall against a LHP in a great park. You definitely want Donaldson exposure tonight.
- Danny Valencia – Valencia is a great tournament play tonight at the bottom of the Jays lineup
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod hit a HR again last night and there is a good chance he repeats tonight against Martin Perez
- Matt Carpenter – Mike Leake has been great for the Reds so we should see really low ownership levels on the Cardinals bats tonight in the poor hitters park.
- Kris Bryant – Bryant gets an awful Rockies pitcher on a warm summer night in Chicago.
- Carlos Correa – Tulowitzki is out due to the trade so Correa grabs the top spot and becomes a tournament only play against C.J. Wilson.
- Jose Reyes – Reyes is the top target if he is able to start for the Rockies tonight. Remember his points will NOT count on DK but they will on FD
- Elvis Andrus – Andrus is a fine play in all formats depending on the lineup spot tonight.
- Brandon Crawford – Crawford was nice in tournaments for us last night but ultimately came up a little short. Crawford actually leads the Giants in HR’s this season and we can grab him at 5-6% owned every night.
- Starlin Castro
Outfield Tier 1:
Jose Bautista, Andrew McCutchen, Mike Trout, Dexter Fowler, Michael Brantley, Core Dickerson, Brandon Moss, Delino DeShields, Carlos Gonzalez, Starling Marte
Outfield Tier 2:
Brett Gardner, Chris Young, Gregory Polanco, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jorge Soler, Jake Smolinski, Chris Colabello, Josh Hamilton, Kevin Pillar, Hunter Pence
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Bautista, Travis, Smoak, Encarnacion
Yankees – Gardner, Ellsbury, Young, Rodriguez, Teixeira, Beltran
Astros, Altuve, Correa, Gonzalez, Gattis, Tucker
Cubs – Bryant, Fowler, Rizzo, Schwarber, Soler
Pirates – McCutchen, Marte, Walker, Polanco, Alvarez
Indians – Kipnis, Brantley, Moss, Santana, Lindor
Giants – Panik, Posey, Pence, Crawford, Duffy