Tuesday, August 4th DFS MLB Plays
- Chris Sale
- Jake Arrieta
- Max Scherzer
- Chris Archer
- Alex Wood
- Masahiro Tanaka
- Matt Shoemaker
- Carlos Carrasco
- Patrick Corbin
- Jimmy Nelson
Back to a full slate today with several viable options at pitcher. Chris Sale earns the top spot for us tonight at home against Tampa Bay. Chris Sale has a ridiculous K/9 rate (12.0) that pushes him ahead of any other player tonight. Quintana wasn’t able to win the game thanks to a poor first inning but he did a great job limiting the Rays and picked up 7 strikeouts last night. The issue with Sale is the matchup with Chris Archer certainly reduces the win probability. Jake Arrieta is having a great season for the Cubs and I like him a lot again tonight on the road against the Pirates. Arrieta has a solid K rate approaching 10 and he is staying in the NL where he gets to face a pitcher at the plate which is huge for strikeout potential. Alex Wood is a large favorite against a familiar opponent in his Dodgers debut. Wood is a fine play on FanDuel where the win is weighted so heavily.
- Jesus Montero – Montero had a nice game last night and he makes a great play again tonight in all formats if he is able to draw another start.
- Michael McKenry – Probably wishful thinking here hoping that McKenry gets a start for the Rockies… crushes LHP.
- Victor Martinez – Nice matchup for Victor and the Tigers tonight at home against Danny Duffy. Duffy is HR prone so there is a ton of upside here with Victor and a ridiculous 2600 price tag on FanDuel.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal is a great play tonight but will probably only be used in Dodger Mini stacks tonight due to the price tag relative to the other options. Switch hitter who starts from the good side.
- Brian McCann
1st Base Rankings
- Prince Fielder – Prince Fielder is having a great year for the Rangers and he has a dreamy matchup tonight at home against the Astros. Love the Texas lefties tonight.
- Edwin Encarnacion – R vs R matchup is what we like with Edwin… now factor in the reverse splits of Hughes and we have a great HR opportunity with Edwin tonight.
- Adam Lind – Cashner is really struggling with lefties this season and he gets a big negative park shift tonight… Adam Lind is a strong bet to reach base a few times.
- Adrian Gonzalez – Another Dodger lefty… nice spot for the Dodgers tonight.
- Ben Paulsen – Always in play at home at Coors.
2nd Base Rankings
- Robinson Cano – Cano is the obvious top play at 2B at Coors Field again tonight. Cano is facing a rookie pitcher making his big league debut. Gray is supposed to be a pretty good pitcher but this is a very tough environment for a pitcher making his debut.
- Rougned Odor – Odor is a great play tonight in tournaments because the price tag doesn’t scream value but it’s not overly aggressive for the upside. We should see single digit ownership levels in tournaments tonight.
- Kolten Wong – Nice park shift for the Cardinals tonight against the Reds. DeSclafani isn’t terrible but he does have issues with LHB sometimes and the Cardinals best hitters are LH.
- Brian Dozier – Nice hitting environment for Dozier but definitely still a tournament only play against Estrada who has been solid.
- DJ LeMahieu – Always in play at Coors. Looking for top 6 lineup spot here.
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod ranks as the top overall play in the on base model against a rookie pitcher at Yankee Stadium. The power numbers are pretty insane for the 40 year old but he has been pretty consistent all year. Fine play in tournaments.
- Miguel Sano – Great price on Sano in a nice park at Toronto. I have manually regressed the power numbers a little due to a small sample size but this guy is the real deal at the plate.
- Kyle Seager – Finally, Kyle Seager did what he was supposed to do last night. Great spot again tonight at Coors against the right handed rookie.
- Nolan Arenado
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter will probably go under owned tonight in a good park because the price tag is back in the middle tier tonight on a 15 game slate. We all know what Carpenter is capable of against RHP.
- Ketel Marte – Must play on DK if he is leading off again tonight.
- Brad Miller – Fine play in all formats regardless of lineup spot because of HR and speed upside.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Good spot for the Jays tonight against a RHP with large reverse splits.
- Jose Iglesias – Love Iglesias against Duffy if he gets a top 3 lineup spot again tonight.
- Carlos Correa – This guy is just incredible… The power and speed combo is deadly and offers huge upside in tournaments.
- Jose Reyes – Series debut as a Rockie… Should have another nice night.
Outfield Tier 1:
Nelson Cruz, Jose Bautista, Drew Stubbs, Seth Smith, Chris Young, J.D. Martinez, Mitch Moreland, Delino DeShields, Jason Heyward
Outfield Tier 2:
Preston Tucker, Dexter Fowler, Lorenzo Cain, Mike Trout, Carlos Gonzalez, Carlos Gomez, Shin-Soo Choo, Josh Hamilton, Rajai Davis, Yasiel Puig, Joc Pederson
Mike’s Top Seven Team Stacks
Mariners – Cano, Seager, Marte, Miller, Trumbo, Smith, Jackson
Rockies – Reyes, Arenado, McKenry, Stubbs, Gonzalez
Yankees – Rodriguez, Teixeira, Young, Beltran, McCann
Dodgers – Gonzalez, Rollins, Grandal, Ethier, Pederson
Rangers – Fielder, Odor, Moreland, Hamilton, Choo, Beltre
Astros – Altuve, Tucker, Correa, Rasmus
Blue Jays – Revere, Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Bautista, Encarnacion