Tuesday, August 11th DFS MLB Plays
Full 15 game slate tonight. Normal lineups for both sites.
- Matt Harvey
- Zack Greinke
- Madison Bumgarner
- Carlos Martinez
- Taijaun Walker
- Carlos Carrasco
- Scott Kazmir
- Joe Ross
- Taylor Jungmann
- Luis Severino
Back to a full slate tonight with 15 games and several viable pitching options. Matt Harvey is the top play in the projection model at home against the Rockies who are facing a large negative park shift in the middle of a long road trip. Harvey has a little weather concern tonight but if everything looks clear he is the top target tonight. Greinke and Bumgarner are very close in the model but we are leaning towards Greinke at home against the Nationals. The Astros are a much improved team that hits LHP well and Bumgarner has seen a little decline in K-rate this season. Greinke over Bumgarner is simply a personal preference in this spot tonight… both are fine plays and grade out well enough for use in all formats tonight. Carlos Martinez is a high upside GPP play tonight at home agains the Pirates but his price tag isn’t appealing in cash with other top tier pitchers. Taijuan Walker has been great recently since making a few minor changes in his approach. Love the upside in Walker tonight in tournaments. Taylor Jungmann has a ton of upside against the free swinging Cubs.
- Kyle Schwarber – Schwarber ranks as the top play at catcher with his elite number in a small sample size. I like Schwarber tonight but I’m also pretty high on Jungmann in tournaments so I think Schwarber is better suited for tournaments tonight.
- Russell Martin – Nice spot for the Blue Jays tonight at home against a pitcher who doesn’t strikeout many batters. Martin slides up to 5th tonight with Encarnacion out of the lineup.
- John Jaso – Jaso continues to lead off tonight against a young pitcher that has issues with lefties. Great value/price on both sites tonight.
- Wellington Castillo – Beef was huge last night with a triple and a HR. Not expecting that again tonight but he is one of the hottest hitters in baseball right now in a great hitting environment.
- Stephen Vogt – Nice park shift for the A’s
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – We will continue to play Goldy every night at this discount. Clear cut top play with Edwin OUT for Toronto. I don’t need to spend much time telling you why Goldy is a good play at home.
- Jose Abreu – Abreu gets a LHP tonight at home in Chicago against Hector Santiago. Santiago doesn’t really over power batters so Abreu has a ton of upside tonight.
- Joe Mauer – Nice hitting environment for the Twins at home tonight against the Rangers.
- Prince Fielder – Nice park for Prince and the guaranteed 9th inning AB for the team is huge.
- Adam Lind
2nd Base Rankings
- Dee Gordon – Big SB upside tonight and decent matchup with knuckleball pitcher.
- Chase Utley – We are on the Phillies again tonight where they are priced below the average player cost. Utley is playing well and playing for a new job as a potential trade candidate to a contender this season.
- Andres Blanco – Blanco is a great value if he manages to get a start tonight.
- Brian Dozier
- Robinson Cano – Nice matchup for Cano despite the poor park at home in Seattle.
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson just continues to crush all pitching. Hard to not like Donaldson at home against Graveman and his former team… love Donaldson in tournaments
- Jake Lamb – Love those Diamondbacks lefties again tonight.
- Maikel Franco – Franco is a great young hitter who hits in a prime RBI spot in a big park shift tonight. This was a copy and paste from last night. Franco had a huge game for us and he gets Hellickson tonight who has some meaningful reverse splits.
- Miguel Sano – Several twins are ranking well tonight at home in a good park. Sano has a limited sample size attached to his success but he has been terrific so far.
- Mike Moustakas
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the top play at SS at home in Toronto against Graveman. Definitely want TOR exposure if you’re playing multiple lineups.
- Carlos Correa – Contrarian tournament play against Madison Bumgarner in an awful hitters park.
- Jhonny Peralta – Pretty poor park and Locke has been solid.. but Peralta is a lefty masher with HR upside.
- Cesar Hernandez – Value depends on lineup spot but this is a great park for his skill set.
- Alexei Ramirez
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, Jose Bautista, A.J. Pollock, David Peralta, Michael Brantley, Yasmany Tomas, Josh Reddick, Avisail Garcia
Outfield Tier 2:
Kevin Kiermaier, Mitch Moreland, Odubel Herrera, Nelson Cruz, Bryce Harper, Josh Hamilton, Ender Inciarte, Melky Cabrera
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Pollock, Inciarte, Castillo, Lamb
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Bautista, Martin, Smoak
Angels – Trout, Pujols, Victorino, Iannetta, Aybar
Rangers – Fielder, Choo, DeShields, Moreland, Hamilton
Athletics – Burns, Reddick, Valencia, Vogt, Semien
Twins – Sano, Mauer, Dozier, Rosario, Hicks