Tuesday, September 1st DFS MLB Plays
2 Cash, 3 GPP for FanDuel and 1 Cash, 3 GPP for DraftKings.
****The Coors Field game is NOT available on FanDuel tonight****
- Chris Sale
- Madison Bumgarner
- Zack Greinke
- Gerrit Cole
- Johnny Cueto
- Andrew Cashner
- Michael Pineda
- Jon Niese
- Joe Ross
- Drew Smyly
Chris Sale ranks as the top overall pitcher by a pretty wide margin. The Twins can be scary because of how well they hit LHP at times, but Sale is the top play with his ridiculous K rate. Madison Bumgarner and Zack Greinke are both next in line but both take a slight hit on FanDuel where the win is hard to project since they are facing each other. Gerrit Cole has a decent matchup with the Brewers but he is dealing with a large negative park shift so there is some concern there but he is still viable in tournaments. Cueto is looking to rebound tonight against a Tigers offense that has been pretty frustrating over the last month of the season. Andrew Cashner ranks well in the model like Tyson Ross did last night. Ross had a great game for us and Cashner has a similar rating.
- Kyle Schwarber – Schwarber is easily the top play at catcher on any site that he has catcher eligibility. The Cubs lefties are in a very good spot tonight and they all hit at the top of the order.
- Wellington Castillo – Castillo has a great matchup and gets the best park shift in baseball… there is a lot to love here at Coors Field.
- Miguel Montero – Montero ranks well tonight if he is in the lineup. The wind is blowing out a little at Wrigley tonight making it a nice hitting environment.
- John Jaso – Jaso continues to hit clean up for the Rays against RHP. Nice spot for a catcher if you need salary relief.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the clear cut top play at 1B and the top overall hitter in the model. Load up if you can afford the price tag. DraftKings only.
- Anthony Rizzo – Rizzo would be a top play if Goldy wasn’t at Coors Field. Love the Cubs lefties again tonight. Rizzo should have a better game tonight.
- Ben Paulsen – Paulsen ranks very well in the model and has dual positional eligibility on DraftKings.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin gets a R vs R matchup against a young contact oriented pitcher in a good park. Excellent tournament play.
- Jose Abreu
2nd Base Rankings
- Jose Altuve – Altuve is the top play tonight at home against a very average LHP. Astros SHOULD score a few runs tonight. Copy and paste from last night.
- Neil Walker – Walker and the Pirates get a nice positive park shift on the road against the Brewers. Walker hitting 6th isn’t ideal but it’s not terrible.
- Anthony Rendon – Rendon and the Nationals are built to hit LHP pretty well. Decent matchup tonight but a poor hitters park. There is contrarian stack value here tonight in a typically low scoring environment.
- Chris Coghlan – Coghlan was frustrating last night like Rizzo, but he ranks very well again tonight against a pitcher on the road who struggles with lefties
- Jason Kipnis – Estrada has reverse splits working against Kipnis but the park is ideal and so is the lineup spot and guaranteed 9th inning team AB.
3rd Base Rankings
- Kris Bryant – Bryant is hitting the ball hard lately and playing with a lot of confidence. The numbers are obviously there for Bryant who is a great young hitter. Bryant should benefit from his lefty teammates getting on base.
- Nolan Arenado – Arenado is a top play if he is in the lineup for the 2nd game (should be).
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson is obviously a top play if you have the salary cap to get him in… the price tag is very aggressive.
- Jake Lamb
- Jose Reyes – Reyes earns the top spot as a switch hitter at Coors Field.
- Carlos Correa – Correa returned last night with a big game and he gets another LHP tonight. In play in all formats on FanDuel where the Coors game is unavailable
- Marwin Gonzalez – We love Marwin hitting 2nd against LHP. He is a switch hitter who really hits LHP well.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is one of the more reasonably priced Blue Jays. Fine play in all formats without Coors.
- Xander Bogaerts
- Jung-Ho Kang
Outfield Tier 1:
Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon, A.J. Pollock, David Peralta, Mike Trout, Jose Bautista, Adam Jones, Steve Pearce, Bryce Harper, Dexter Fowler
Outfield Tier 2:
Ben Revere, Ender Inciarte, Curtis Granderson, Yoenis Cespedes, Gregory Polanco, Andrew McCutchen, Starling Marte, Melky Cabrera
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Pollock, Inciarte, Castillo, Gosselin
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Arenado, Reyes, LeMahieu
Cubs – Schwarber, Rizzo, Fowler, Coghlan, Russell
Nationals – Harper, Rendon, Werth, Zimmerman
Reds – Votto, Frazier, Phillips, Suarez, Bruce