Tuesday, September 8th DFS MLB Plays
Back to a full slate tonight with several aces on the mound, including Clayton Kershaw. We will have the normal lineup set up tonight with 2 cash and 3 GPP on FD and 1 Cash and 2 GPP on DK.
- Clayton Kershaw
- Cole Hamels
- Matt Harvey
- Carlos Carrasco
- Micahel Wacha
- Sonny Gray
- Francisco Liriano
- Rasiel Iglesias
- Taijuan Walker
- Edinson Volquez
Clayton Kershaw is the clear cut top play in the battle of L.A. series against the Angels. Kershaw’s price tag is borderline out of control… fortunately for us the pricing on these sites is so bad that you can actually still make it work with Kershaw in cash games tonight. Cole Hamels is next in line and available at an extreme discount to Kershaw. Hamels is obviously not on the same level as Kershaw but he gets a nice park shift against a lineup that he should be able to navigate without much trouble. Carlos Carrasco ranks very well in the model today so we really love him in tournaments against the White Sox. Michael Wacha and Sonny Gray are both acceptable plays with huge upside as they face the Cubs and Astros who both strikeout a lot. Francisco Liriano, Rasiel Iglesias and Tiajuan Walker are all very volitale players who are worth of consideration in tournaments. I suppose Liriano is cash game viable (almost threw up typing that) on DraftKings where his price has dipped below $9k
- Buster Posey – Posey earns the top spot at catcher in another big park shift for the Giants. The price has come down to a very acceptable level for cash game use on FanDuel.
- Brian McCann – Great matchup at Yankee Stadium for Brian McCann and the Yankees. McCann has a great lineup spot tonight which has him challenging Posey for the top overall play at the position.
- Wellington Castillo – Beef is back home in Arizona in a great park against a pitcher who hasn’t started in over a month. Hudson has struggled giving up HR’s this season so we have some big upside with Castillo tonight.
- Victor Martinez – Once again Victor ranks well due to the ridiculous price tag.
- Yan Gomes
1st Base Rankings
- Edwin Encarnacion – The Blue Jays are the clear cut top offense tonight and Edwin should be in a prime spot to drive in runs. More of a tournament play with his current price point.
- Brandon Belt – We like to take advantage of the Giants park shifts when we can since they don’t get them quite as often as some of the other teams in baseball.
- Eric Hosmer – Hosmer has been one of the best hitters in baseball post all-star break but his price has come back down to earth and represents decent value tonight.
- David Ortiz – Ortiz rewarded us well the other day and he has a very similar matchup tonight in what should be a very good run scoring environment tonight in Boston.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Hudson hasn’t pitched in over a month and now he has to pitch at Chase Field…
- Ryan Howard – I like the Phillies stack a lot tonight and Howard has a great RBI lineup spot tonight against a young pitcher.
2nd Base Rankings
- Logan Forsythe – Forsythe didn’t join the Rays party yesterday as they scored a few runs, but he gets another shot tonight against a young LHP that has really struggled.
- Ian Kinsler – Kinsler leads the American League in batting average since the all-star break. The Tigers have largely been a disappointment but they are still a very talented team that should play well tonight.
- Cesar Hernandez – Leading off for PHI. Definitely need him in your Phillies stacks if you’re going that way.
- Neil Walker
- Joe Panik
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson against a weak LHP… Yes, Donaldson is easily the top play at 3B and a top 5 overall hitter.
- Evan Longoria – Longoria is finally playing like many expect him to vs LHP over the last month. Great spot for Longo and the Rays tonight on the road in a positive park shift.
- Matt Carpenter – Matt Carpenter shines in September and October. Look for the Cardinals leader to consistently produce the rest of the way.
- Matt Duffy – Focus on the park shift with the Giants.
- Manny Machado
- Brock Holt/Travis Shaw – Pedroia is back in the lineup so both guys fall a little further in the order but they are sitll in play.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is easily the top play at SS tonight. Tulo actually has a RotoMinds adjusted wOBA over .500 tonight in this matchup. Strong play in all formats that will be highly owned.
- Brandon Crawford – Another Giants hitter with power that ranks well tonight.
- Asdrubal Cabrera – Cabrera will hit 5th again tonight which is prime RBI spot in this road game in Detroit. Great alternative to Tulowitzki tonight if you want to fade the masses.
- Jean Segura
- Tim Beckham – See above on Cabrera… Beckham hits 6th and is a grea tournament play.
Outfield Tier 1:
Mikie Mahtook, Brandon Guyer, Bryce Harper, Jose Bautista, David Peralta, J.D. Martinez, Ryan Braun, A.J. Pollock
Outfield Tier 2:
Jacoby Ellsbury, Scott Van Slyke, Angel Pagan, Ender Inciarte, Alex Gordon, Ben Zobrist, Mookie Betts
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Tulowitzki, Donaldson, Bautista, Martin, Encarnacion
Red Sox – Ortiz, Shaw, Holt, Betts, Bogaerts
Rays – Forsythe, Longoria, Beckhma, Guyer, Mahtook
Diamondbacks – Peralta, Pollock, Inciarte, Goldschmidt, Castillo
Yankees – Ellsbury, Beltran, McCann, Bird
Phillies – Hernandez, Herrera, Howard, Blanco, Altherr