Tuesday Daily Plays
- David Price
- Madison Bumgarner
- Carlos Martinez
- Chris Archer
- Zack Grienke
- Danny Salazar
- Jason Hammel
- Stephen Strasburg
- CC Sabathia
- Collin McHugh
David Price and Madison Bumgarner are very close in projection tonight with Price facing the Indians and Bumgarner at home against the Padres. Bumgarner is the clear favorite in Vegas but I’m not sure that it means very much tonight with these two… We will have exposure to both Price and Bumgarner in our cash games. Carlos Martinez is next in line and a fine play with a nice park shift to work with in Miami. The Marlins have Realmuto hitting 2nd tonight for some reason… very odd Marlins lineup. Chris Archer will project well but I see no reason to pick on the Blue Jays with 15 games available. C.C. Sabathia makes a great tournament play tonight against a lefty heavy Phillies team. We should be able to take advantage of reduced ownership levels tonight thanks to the Pineda implosion last night.
- Brian McCann – McCann is the clear cut top play at catcher and ranks as the best value for us even at his FD price. O’Sullivan really struggles with lefty bats and the hitting conditions are about as good as they get at Yankee stadium with the wind tonight.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia
- Stephen Vogt – Vogt and the A’s should take advantage of the positive park shift and weather conditions in Texas tonight. Elite play if hitting top 4
- Derek Norris
- Jonathan Lucroy – Lucroy at home against a lefty. In 2015 he hasn’t been the elite hitter against lefties that we saw last year but I like the matchup and lineup spot tonight.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the obvious top play at 1B and the top overall play in the RotoMinds model. Goldschmidt is over $6k on both sites tonight making him a tournament only play… but I still want some exposure.
- Miguel Cabrera – Miggy is about to get very hot here in this push right before the all-star game with Victor Martinez back in the lineup. I’m going to go ahead and call a Miggy HR tonight. Having V-Mart in the lineup for protection provides a significant boost in value.
- Chris Davis
- Lucas Duda – Big park shift for the Mets tonight in Milwaukee.
- Ben Paulsen
2nd Base Rankings
- Robinson Cano – Cano was nice last night with a HR and he ranks well again tonight like he does every night that a RHP is on the mound. Tonight he gets Jeremy Guthrie who is just awful against left handed batters. Price point is elite on FanDuel… almost laughable.
- Ben Zobrist – Zobrist is one of my favorite contrarian plays tonight on the road at Texas. The A’s get a nice park/weather shift tonight which should really help that lineup turn over tonight. Zobrist is a switch hitter that holds the platoon advantage throughout the game.
- Aaron Hill – Hill is a fine play if he is in the lineup… have to wait for the lineup here.
- DJ LeMahieu
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rodriguez – A-Rod is our top play once again with the elite hitting condition at Yankee Stadium tonight (wind).
- Aramis Ramirez – Aramis has clearly lost a step but the Brewers are back home against a lefty… nice tournament play here.
- Joey Gallo – Air density is low in Texas tonight and Gallo has elite power numbers in his limited sample size. Big HR upside here.
- Jake Lamb – FanDuel has increased the Coors Field players pricing but Lamb is still in play if hitting top 5.
- Todd Frazier
- Nolan Arenado
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play here if salary cap isn’t a concern. Too expensive for cash games but a great tournament play.
- Chris Owings – Value depends heavily on the lineup spot. Great value if hitting top 5.
- Marcus Semien – Another guy who has his value tied to the lineup spot. Elite contrarian play if hitting top 4 tonight.
- Didi Gregorius
- Ian Desmond – Target only if hitting top 4 against the LHP.
David Peralta, Carlos Gonzalez (if in lineup) and Charlie Blackmon are the top plays tonight and are all fine plays in all formats.
Outfield Tier 1:
Joc Pederson, Mike Trout, Carlos Gomez, Ryan Braun, Carlos Beltran, Josh Reddick, A.J. Pollock, Yasmany Tomas
Outfield Tier 2:
Michael Cuddyer, Billy Burns, Curtis Granderson, George Springer, Kole Calhoun
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Lamb, Pollock, Owings
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Paulsen, LeMahieu, Hundley
Yankees – Rodriguez, Gardner, McCann, Beltran
Brewers – Braun, Gomez, Lucroy, Ramirez
Atheltics – Zobrist, Reddick, Vogt, Burns, Semien
Mets – Granderson, Duda, Cuddyer, d’Arnaud
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.