Tuesday DFS MLB Plays
****Sonny Gray has been scratched from his start tonight so make sure you remove him from your player pool.****
- Chris Sale
- Danny Salazar
- Gerrit Cole
- Lance Lynn
- Cole Hamels
- Taylor Jungman
Chris Sale is the top play tonight with his strikeout potential that gets an even bigger bump tonight in a NL park where he gets to face a pitcher. Sale has a ridiculous 12+ K/9 rate and has absolutely dominated LHB in his career. STL best hitters hit from the left hand side. The win is difficult to project because of the matchup with Lance Lynn but the strikeout upside is more than enough to earn Sale the top spot tonight. Danny Salazar is next in line but still a very strong play in all formats. Salazar has big strikeout upside and a greater win probability thanks to his lefty heavy offense against Erasmo Ramirez. Gerrit Cole has a tougher matchup tonight with a negative park shift and a dangerous Tigers offense. There seems to be a little weather risk here so it’s probably best to remove Cole from cash game consideration tonight but he does make a fine tournament play. Cole Hamels is an interesting upside play against the Brewers tonight. The Brewers crush LHP but Hamels isn’t your average LHP. If he can avoid the big inning he is a strong contrarian play. Lance Lynn has been great for the Cardinals this year and he gets a nice matchup with the White Sox tonight in a negative park shift for the Sox. The total on this game has dropped to 6 where Lynn is a slight favorite over Chris Sale.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal is frustrating due to his lineup spot but I think we see him move up to 5-6 tonight which makes him a strong play in all formats. We have several options at catcher tonight so we will definitely look to maximize our projected AB’s.
- Derek Norris – Norris and the Padres get a LHP tonight. Montgomery has been great so far this year so we are a little hesitant to pick on him tonight in cash games but the Padres make a nice mini stack in tournaments.
- Dioner Navarro – Navarro drops to 7th tonight which moves him to a tournament only play currently.
- Josh Phegley – Phegley is another guy we love to target when he gets playing time against the south paws. There is moderate pinch hit risk here depending on the game script.
- Matt Wieters – Great matchup for Wieters hitting 5th against Colby Lewis. Wieters should have plenty of RBI opportunites with Machado, Paredes, Jones and Davis in front of him.
Vogt and Grandal are 1a and 1b for the top play tonight. The lineup order will ultimately determine who we have more exposure to. If Grandal is 6th or lower we will absolutely have more Vogt than Grandal tonight. Jonathan Lucroy is also worth a look on a short slate with his lineup position (hitting 2nd).
1st Base Rankings
- Adrian Gonzalez – Adrian Gonzalez and the Dodgers are the top play tonight in a massive park shift at Chase Field. We don’t really need great “Value” tonight from hitters with a severe lack of top tier pitching options, but Gonzalez is the best value on FanDuel.
- Chris Davis – Davis has the same great matchup as Wieters and we love the lineup that Baltimore is running out there tonight 1-9 its a great lineup and Crush is hitting clean up. Davis has huge HR upside in the model tonight with relatively nice hitting conditions.
- Joey Votto – Votto ranks well thanks to his ability to get on base and hit for power. Weather conditions are ideal for hitting tonight.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is obviously in play if you have the cap room.
- David Ortiz – Ortiz gets a nice matchup in a great hitters park. Sounds funny saying Ortiz is a contrarian play but I think Ortiz is definitely the contrarian play tonight with all these elite matchups for the 1B class.
- Prince Fielder
2nd Base Rankings
- Robinson Cano – Cano is just flat out too cheap for his skill set. Nice matchup with Ian Kennedy tonight.
- Jimmy Paredes – Love this Baltimore lineup tonight with Paredes hitting 2nd. Great way to get BAL exposure.
- Devon Travis – GPP only again as he continues to hit 9th… annoying.
- Jose Altuve – Altuve at home vs a struggling LHP? Sure. Altuve is definitely in play tonight against Duffy.
- Jason Kipnis – Large negative park shift for the tribe but Kipnis is still worth a look in a tournament against Erasmo Ramirez.
- Howie Kendrick – Great value if he continues to hit top 4 in the Dodgers lineup in the large park shift at Chase Field.
- Dee Gordon – Elite tournament play with SB upside that could go under owned.
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson – The obvious top play anytime he gets a LHP at home in the elite hitting environment. Donaldson ranks #1 overall in the RM adjusted wOBA model and top 3 in fantasy point projection model.
- Danny Valencia – Valencia is in the lineup tonight hitting 6th against Rodriguez. No reason to go here in cash games but we love him for tournaments.
- Justin Turner – Copy and paste from yesterday. Elite hitter against RHP in a big park shift.
- Alex Rodriguez
- Kris Bryant
- Pablo Sandoval
- Troy Tulowitzki – Sonny Gray has been scratched which drastically improves the matchup for Tulo and the Rockies. Tulo is still the top play.
- Carlos Correa
- Jimmy Rollins – Rollins value depends heavily on the lineup spot tonight but still worth a look in tournaments.
- Xander Bogaerts – Xander is still in play while he hits 3rd in that Red Sox lineup in a great park.
- JJ Hardy – Hardy falls to 7th tonight which isn’t ideal for your cash games but still a tournament play with some pop.
- Jose Reyes – Lead off man for the top offense of the night… He is definitely in play despite the poor performance last night.
Outfield Tier 1:
Joc Pederson, Jose Bautista, Mike Trout, David Peralta, Bryce Harper, Yasiel Puig, Andre Ethier, Shin-Soo Choo, Justin Upton
Outfield Tier 2:
Chris Parmelee, Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon, Dexter Fowler, Michael Brantley, Nelson Cruz, Alex Rios, Billy Burns
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Bautista, Reyes, Colabello, Martin
Dodgers – Pederson, Turner, Gonzalez, Grandal, Kendrick
Reds – Votto, Frazier, Hamilton, Bruce, De Jesus
Orioles – Paredes, Davis, Machado, Parmelee
Padres – Upton, Norris, Kemp, Solarte
Rockies – Blackmon, Tulowitzki, Gonzalez, Hunley
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.