Wednesday, August 5th DFS MLB Plays
- Matt Harvey
- Madison Bumgarner
- Johnny Cueto
- Carlos Martinez
- Brett Anderson
- Taylor Jungmann
- Gio Gonzalez
- Scott Kazmir
Madison Bumgarner and Matt Harvey are very close tonight both pitching in NL parks. Bumgarner gets to face the weaker lineup but we have a little weather risk so Harvey slides into the top spot but I see them as basically equal options with the lineups they are facing tonight. On paper, the Marlins are the worst team in baseball against RHP but I do think they pose a little risk to Harvey with their speed on the bases if they manage to reach base. Cueto is making his 2nd start for the Royals against a watered down Tigers lineup. The park isn’t great but Cueto is used to pitching in poor parks so that isn’t really a concern for us tonight. I like Cueto a lot in tournaments tonight because I think they Royals hitters can provide more than enough run support to get the win. Carlos Martinez is a tournament only option against the Reds in a poor park for pitching. Martinez has struggled with lefties and I’m not really interested in picking on Votto in a small park. Taylor Jungmann has great numbers in a limited sample size… nice tournament option tonight.
- Evan Gattis – Gattis is still catcher eligible on FanDuel and he grabs the top spot with Grandal OUT tonight. Gattis has big HR upside and he gets a great hitting environment tonight on the road at Texas.
- Russell Martin – Martin slides down to 6th in the order tonight against a rookie pitcher making his debut. Hard to hate the Jays against a guy making his debut.
- Jonathan Lucroy – Lucroy continues to hit 2nd for the Brewers. Large negative park shift for Ian Kennedy so we like the top 5 in the MIL lineup.
- Hank Conger – Conger gets a nice hitting environment tonight if he can find his way into the Astros lineup. Castro has played a few days in a row so I think we see Hank get a start tonight.
- Brian McCann – Yankees get the knuckleballer at Yankee stadium tonight where they are a huge -190 favorite (with a rookie pitcher starting for them) and a total of 9. Great spot for the Yankees.
1st Base Rankings
- Edwin Encarnacion – I love Edwin tonight in a R vs R matchup with a pitcher making his debut. Very difficult place to pitch for a veteran pitcher… This should be a rude welcome for Tyler Duffey.
- Paul Goldschmidt – Nice tournament option. I think you know that Goldy hits lefties well.
- Mark Teixeira – Switch hitter… see above piece on McCann… all Yankees are in play tonight.
- Adrian Gonzalez
2nd Base Rankings
- Jose Altuve – Altuve is struggling a little right not (by Altuve standards) but he has a great matchup with Nick Martinez and the Astros are the road team so we get that 9th inning team AB.
- Ben Zobrist – Switch hitter who is really playing well for the Royals right now. The Royals are facing another pitcher making his debut tonight for the Tigers… Tough team to make a debut against.
- Scooter Gennett – Leading off for the Brewers. Great value in all formats where he is near minimum price.
- Anthony Rendon – The Nationals have really struggled offensively so I think they could go over looked tonight. Ruby De La Rosa really struggles with lefties but he is also the kind of guy that can lose control completely on the road. Rendon has a great lineup spot hitting 2nd in front of Bryce Harper.
- Howie Kendrick
3rd Base Rankings
- Miguel Sano – Nice park for Sano and the Twins but more of a tournament play.
- Alex Rodriguez – Another Yankee. I don’t really need to tell you that A-Rod is a good play… Stack the Yankees if you’re playing multiple lineups.
- Luis Valbuena – Valbuena ranks very well tonight at Texas. I’m interested to see if he earns a better lineup spot tonight in this matchup.
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson at home vs a rookie… great play in all formats with big HR upside. Donaldson has as much upside as any player tonight.
- Derek Dietrich – Deep contrarian play that grades out well against Harvey.
- Carlos Correa – SS is very deep tonight but Correa earns the top spot but probably won’t be the highest owned due to the aggressive price tag.
- Jhonny Peralta – Nice park shift for the Cardinals against a LHP who I’m expecting to have a little reality check tonight after his last outing.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo was nice for us last night with a HR and he has a similar matchup tonight at home in Toronto.
- Alcides Escobar – Great way to get Royals exposure and avoid the crowd at SS tonight
- Elvis Andrus
Outfield Tier 1:
Bryce Harper, Lorenzo Cain, Carlos Gomez, Preston Tucker, Jose Bautista, Andrew McCutchen, Dexter Fowler, Joc Pederson, Eddie Rosario, Colby Rasmus
Outfield Tier 2:
Carlos Beltran, Jacoby Ellsbury, Brett Gardner, Brandon Moss, Jason Heyward, Randal Grichuk, Alex Rios, Andre Ethier, Gregor Blanco
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Astros – Altuve, Correa, Gomez, Tucker, Rasmus, Conger
Yankees – Rodriguez, Teixeira, Ellsbury, Gardner, McCann
Nationals – Harper, Rendon, Werth, Robinson, Desmond
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Encarnacion, Tulowitzki, Bautista, Revere
Royals – Cain, Zobrist, Escobar, Perez, Rios
Brewers – Gennett, Lucroy, Lind, Braun