Wednesday, August 12th DFS MLB Plays
Split slate today with 10 late games with a lot of quality pitching.
- Clayton Kershaw
- Jacob deGrom
- Gerrit Cole
- Michael Wacha
- Danny Salazar
- Jason Hammel
- Jake Odorizzi
- Edinson Volquez
- Jordan Zimmermann
Clayton Kershaw is the clear cut top play if price salary cap isn’t an issue. Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball and he gets a home game against the Nationals who might be playing without Bryce Harper again tonight. Jacob deGrom is easily the next in line option and on a different level than guys like Cole and Wacha who face each other and Salazar who has a tough one with the Yankees. deGrom gets the Rockies at home tonight and should have plenty of run support to get the win. deGrom makes the most sense in cash games with the discount available relative to Kershaw. Gerrit Cole has a ton of upside against the Cards in what should be a very low scoring game. Salazar is basically always a tournament play because of his huge strikeout upside but I’m not interested in picking on the power of the Yankees in cash games. Jason Hammel ranks very well in our model tonight against the Brewers. The Cubs bats rank well too so I’m expecting enough run support to put Hammel in line for a win.
- Kyle Schwarber – Schwarber ranks as the top play tonight at catcher against Matt Garza. Garza was sharp in his last outing but pitching on the road isn’t ideal for him even if it is a positive park shift. Cubs have a ton of upside tonight.
- John Jaso – Jaso was somewhat disappointing last night but he will continue to rank near the top as long as he is leading off against a RHP.
- Russell Martin – Martin hits 5th again tonight with Edwin out of the lineup. Brooks has been solid but he has a very tough task in this large negative park shift.
1st Base Rankings
- Jose Abreu – Abreu at home in a hitters park against a young LHP with average K stuff. The negative park shift isn’t going to be kind to Heaney tonight.
- Joe Mauer – Mauer had a nice game for us last night while the Twins were disappointing overall. Back to the Twins again tonight against a below average pitcher on the road.
- Prince Fielder – Good park for the Rangers. I love the Rangers lefties tonight.
- Mark Teixeira – Salazar has good K numbers but he also struggles with the HR ball.. Teixeira is a great tournament play tonight as a switch hitter in a decent park.
- Carlos Santana
2nd Base Rankings
- Brian Dozier – Dozier didn’t capitalize on his opportunities last night but he is once again the top play tonight against Nick Martinez
- Rougned Odor – I liked Odor a lot tonight but the lineup spot moves him to GPP only category.
- Kolten Wong – Tough matchup with Cole… 2B is really weak tonight.
- Addison Russell
3rd Base Rankings
- Miguel Sano – Sano is the top play at 3B and very close to the top overall play on a similar level to Mike Trout. Great spot for the young 3B.
- Josh Donaldson – Donaldson might go under owned tonight with the top tier pitching and cheap price tag on Sano on FanDuel.
- Trevor Plouffe
- Giovanny Urshela
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the top play at SS at home in Toronto against Graveman. Definitely want TOR exposure if you’re playing multiple lineups.
- Zach Walters
- Alcides Escobar – SS is relatively weak again. Escobar is a fine punt leading off at min price
- Alexei Ramirez – Similar spot to Escobar.
Outfield Tier 1:
Mike Trout, Lorenzo Cain, Jose Bautista, Ben Zobrist, Josh Reddick, Mitch Moreland, Delino DeShields, Shane Victorino, Avisail Garica
Outfield Tier 2:
Shin-Soo Choo, Torii Hunter, J.D. Martinez, Jerry Sands, Josh Hamilton, Dexter Fowler, Brett Gardner
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Twins – Dozier, Sano, Mauer, Hicks, Rosario
Cubs – Schwarber, Fowler, Rizzo, Bryant, Coghlan
Blue Jays – Tulowitzki, Donaldson, Bautista, Martin, Navarro
Rangers – Fielder, Odor, Moreland, DeShields, Hamilton
White Sox – Abreu, Garcia, Saladino, Cabrera
Angels – Trout, Pujols, Aybar, Victorino