Wednesday, September 2nd DFS MLB Plays
2 Cash, 3 GPP for FanDuel and 1 Cash, 2 GPP for DraftKings.
- Clayton Kershaw
- Max Scherzer
- Matt Harvey
- Cole Hamels
- Michael Wacha – Scratched
- Scott Kazmir
- Ian Kennedy
- Carlos Rodon
- Taijaun Walker
- Yordano Ventura
Clayton Kershaw is the clear cut top play tonight against the Giants. Kershaw is very familiar with this matchup and frankly he is just the best pitcher in baseball. The Giants have an implied team total of just 2.5 runs tonight. Max Scherzer climbs to the number 2 spot with Michael Wacha being scratched from his start. Scherzer has a much better win probability against Tlyer Lyons. Matt Harvey is next in line against a frustrating Phillies team. One game the Phillies really suck and the next they look like a playoff contending team. Cole Hamels is one of my favorite plays tonight on the road against the Padres in a nice park shift.
- Nick Hundley – Hundley ranks as the top play in the model so its a fairly weak night for catcher as this rankly is significantly weighted by Coors Field.
- Yasmani Grandal – Grandal is a guy who has his value vary drastically by lineup spot. Looking for top 5 here tonight for value.
- Wellington Castillo – Beef is a top play candidate here at Coors Field. He has enough power to be dangerous against any pitcher.
- John Jaso – Jaso is on the road so the team gets the 9th inning AB. Good chance at sneaking in that extra PA.
- Yan Gomes – Gomes had a monster game last night and he has an okay matchup with Dickey tonight in a great hitters park.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the clear cut top play at 1B and the top overall hitter in the model. Don’t really need to say much about Goldy at Coors.
- Jose Abreu – Abreu is the number 2 overall hitter in the on base model tonight in a great matchup with a LHP Tommy Milone in a decent hitters park.
- Adrian Gonzalez – The Dodgers lefties all rank well despite a poor hitting environment. Probably better suited for tournament play.
- Ben Paulsen – Another Rockies lefty that ranks well. Paulsen is a pretty average hitter but Coors Field makes him a solid option tonight.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Another R vs R matchup for Edwin at home in the good hitters park.
- Prince Fielder – Poor park but a great matchup for Prince against Ian Kennedy. Prince is just too cheap.
2nd Base Rankings
- Brian Dozier – Dozier at home against a LHP. Fine play in all formats tonight
- Jason Kipnis – Kipnis gets a road game (9th inning team AB) and a great hitters park. Big upside tonight if Dickey has any trouble with command.
- Neil Walker
- Phil Gosselin – Great punt play if he is in the D-Backs lineup again tonight.
- Chris Owings
- Anthony Rendon – Lyons is now starting for the Cardinals. Good spot for Rendon and the Nationals who are playing well this series despite the poor park.
3rd Base Rankings
- Nolan Arenado – Arenado is having a nice series at home against the D-Backs and he has another solid matchup tonight. Arenado should benefit from his lefty teammates reaching base in front of him.
- Manny Machado
- Jake Lamb – Lamb is one of those guys who really needs to hit top 5 to be an exceptional value. He is in play anywhere in the order tonight because of Coors Field, but we are looking for top 5 lineup spot tonight.
- Josh Harrison – Yet another guy who hits anywhere from 1-7. Hoping for a top 4 spot tonight on the road in a large park shift for the Pirates.
- Justin Turner
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo ranks as the top play on a night where SS is relatively strong given the shorter slate. Tulo continues to hit 5th which likely loses an AB but puts him in a prime RBI spot in a great offense.
- Carlos Correa – Correa is one of my favorite tournament plays tonight if you’re able to spend at SS.
- Jung-Ho Kang
- Jose Reyes – Switch hitter at Coors. I think it’s pretty obvious that Reyes is a fine play at this point.
- Ian Desmond – Desmond is now in play tonight with the pitching change in STL.
Outfield Tier 1:
David Peralta, Andrew McCutchen, Carlos Gonzalez, Nelzon Cruz, A.J. Pollock, Lorenzo Cain, Brandon Barnes, Michael Brantley, Ryan Braun, Charlie Blackmon, Yasmany Tomas
Outfield Tier 2:
Ender Inciarte, Avisail Garica, Jose Bautista, Yoenis Cespedes, Bryce Harper, Joc Pederson, Jayson Werth
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Pollock, Inciarte, Castillo, Gosselin
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Arenado, Reyes, LeMahieu
Nationals – Rendon, Desmond, Werth, Zimmerman, Harper
Pirates – Polanco, Marte, Kang, McCutchen, Walker
Brewers – Braun, Lucroy, Davis, Segura
Royals – Cain, Zobrist, Perez, Escobar, Morales