Wednesday, September 9th DFS MLB Plays
We will have the normal lineup set up tonight with 2 cash and 3 GPP on FD and 1 Cash and 2 GPP on DK.
- James Shields
- Jacob deGrom
- Stephen Strasburg
- Collin McHugh
- Garrett Richards
- Kris Medlen
- Josh Tomlin
- Julio Teheran
- Jake Odorizzi
James Shields actually ranks as the #1 starter in the model tonight for FanDuel with deGrom and Strasburg facing each other (hurts both of their win probabilities). The Rockies rank near the bottom of the league against RHP and they are dealing with a large negative park shift moving from Coors to Petco. Shields is a strong play in all formats with upside. Jacob deGrom is the most talented pitcher throwing tonight but the Nationals are healthy now so they are probably a little better than they numbers indicate so we have to be careful there just blindly throwing him in there. deGrom is a great SP2 but Shields is the prefered target in cash games because of the savings. Strasburg has tournament upside but generally we aren’t interested in investing in Strasburg unless we have. McHugh is a nice middle of the road play but he is priced like a top end starter…. he is safe to not blow up most of the time but he isn’t likely to pitch a complete game shut out here. Kris Medlen is interesting and a strong win candidate with that Royals offense (and defense) behind him as the Twins are starting a rookie against the Royals tonight.
- Buster Posey – Buster Posey comes in as the top play at catcher tonight as we get another game with a big park shift for the Giants.
- Derek Norris – Norris and the Padres hit LHP pretty well and they are slowly becoming a more healthy team here at the end of the season. Rusin just isn’t a great pitcher and he will have to face a very RH heavy Padres lineup tonight.
- Russell Martin – The only knock on Martin is the lineup spot most nights because of the depth of Toronto. Hitting 7th sucks but he is definitely in play.
- Brian McCann – McCann could easily be the top play but the price tag is very aggresive
1st Base Rankings
- Eric Hosmer – The price tag on Hosmer is nice for his production and the great team matchup tonight. Strong play in all formats
- Freddie Freeman – The price tag is rising but Freeman ranks very well in the model tonight and he should reach base multiple times in this matchup.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin is back in the R vs R matchup. Edwin has one of the best HR scores tonight against Joe Kelly.
- Brandon Belt – Would love to see him hit top 4 but we will take him wherever we can in this park shift.
- David Ortiz
- Kendrys Morales – Nice alternative to Hosmer in Royals stacks.
2nd Base Rankings
- Logan Forsythe – The Rays get ANOTHER shot at LHP on the road in a better park.
- Neil Walker – The Pirates have a big park shift tonight in a good matchup with the Reds. Several Pirates rank well in the model making them a top target
- Dustin Pedroia – Pedroia is back for the Red Sox and he makes a fine play in tournaments if you like the Sox.
- Joe Panik – Panik is back for the Giants and playing very well in his first few games. Panik has a nice price tag on FD with a nice park shift.
- Jason Kipnis
3rd Base Rankings
- Matt Duffy – Another Giants player that ranks well. Duffy is having a nice year for the Giants replacing Sandoval.
- Evan Longoria – Road game against LHP. Nice spot for the Rays who hit LHP very well.
- Todd Frazier – Frazier will be listed every day for the rest of the season if his price doesn’t move on FanDuel.
- Josh Donaldson
- Mike Moustakas – Love the Royals tonight and Moose is a streaky hitter who is playing well right now on the homestand.
- Aramis Ramirez
- Jung-Ho Kang – Kang hits 5th for the Pirates tonight. Just have to watch the weather.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo continues to hit 5th which is a little annoying but he is still a top play.
- Carlos Correa
- Brandon Crawford – Giants are a nice target in this park shift.
- Asdrubal Cabrera/Tim Beckham – Both guys are in the lineup again tonight hitting 5th and 6th. Love the Rays vs LHP.
Outfield Tier 1:
Andrew McCutchen, Jose Bautista, Mike Trout, Starling Marte, Gregory Polanco, Alex Gordon, Mikie Mathook, Ben Zobrsit
Outfield Tier 2:
Lorenzo Cain, Jacoby Ellsbury, David Peralta, Ender Inciarte, Carlos Gomez, Brandon Guyer
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Encarnacion, Tulowitzki, Revere, Donaldson, Martin
Pirates – Polanco, Walker, McCutchen, Marte, Ramirez
Rays – Forsythe, Longoria, Beckhma, Guyer, Mahtook
Royals – Gordon, Hosmer, Zobrist, Cain, Morales
Giants – Panik, Posey, Crawford, Duffy
Diamondbacks – Peralta, Inciarte, Goldschmidt, Castillo, Lamb