Welcome to Wednesday’s edition of RotoMinds Daily MLB Plays. Tonight we have a full 15 game slate with all the “aces” throwing and a Coors Field game… buckle up!
- Clayton Kershaw
- Madison Bumgarner
- Michael Pineda
- David Price
- Felix Hernandez
- Carlos Martinez
- Jesse Chavez
- Johnny Cueto
- Ubaldo Jimenez
- Tsuyoshi Wada
Clayton Kershaw is once again the clear cut top play on level of his own tonight at home against a watered down Rangers lineup. The issue with Kershaw is the price point tonight with all the great offensive matchups like the Coors, Toronto, Pitt, LAA/ARI games. We love everything we are seeing with where the money is coming in for this one. Kershaw exposure will depend heavily on the lineups we see from several teams tonight. Madison Bumgarner is next in line despite being a decent underdog on the road in SEA tonight. There isn’t much of a park shift here for Mad Bum who gets a fairly lefty heavy SEA lineup. If you bet sports you should consider a small value bet on Giants ML tonight with Bum on the bump.
- Michael McKenry/Nick Hundley – Prefer McKenry if he is in the lineup tonight for the Rockies
- Evans Gattis/Jason Castro – Gattis has a tough price tag to justify but he is great in GPP. Castro and Conger have more realistic price points.
- Yan Gomes
- Yadier Molina
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – #1 First base play and #4 overall hitter in model. Crushes LHP.
- Jose Abreu – #2 First base play and Top 10 overall hitter with a more reasonable price point.
- Anthony Rizzo – #3 at position and another Top 10 overall hitter tonight. GPP Only for us.
- Wilin Rosario – Great way to get Coors exposure on FanDuel at 3400. Top 20 overall hitter
- Chris Davis
- Lucas Duda – Great tournament play with a nice positive park shift
2nd Base Rankings
- Jose Altuve – Obvious top play in the massive park shift at Coors…
- Howie Kendrick – Great play in all formats if hitting 3-5 in order against Wandy Rodriguez
- Dustin Pedroia
- DJ LeMahieu
- Kolten Wong
3rd Base Rankings
- Josh Donaldson
- Luis Valbuena
- Nolan Arenado
- Kris Bryant
- Josh Harrison
- Alex Rodriguez
- Yasmany Tomas
Third Base is very deep tonight with several guys in elite hitting environments. Josh Donaldson is the obvious top play at 3B and the #2 overall hitter in the RotoMinds model tonight at home against Jon Niese. Donaldson has a ridiculous .461 RotoMinds adjusted wOBA tonight. Luis Valbuena is another great way to get that Coors exposure. Who knows where he will hit in the order today but he has extra value on DraftKings where he can play 2B or 3B.
- Troy Tulowitzki
- Jung-Ho Kang
- Jhonny Peralta
- Ian Desmond
- Erick Aybar
Shortstop is also very deep tonight with 3 lefty mashers at the top of the rankings. Tulo is the obvious top play and a top 5 overall hitter in the model at home against a LHP. Jung-Ho Kang and Jhonny Peralta are next in line overall and both are elite plays tonight with a bigger park shift for Kang. Erick Aybar is an elite FD value at 2400 in a huge park shift at Arizona.
Andrew McCutchen and Mike Trout are the clear cut top plays in the OF tonight as both get positive park shifts against weak starting pitchers.
Outfield Tier 1:
Starling Marte, Jose Bautista, Bryce Harper, George Springer, A.J. Pollock, Preston Tucker, Yasiel Puig, Josh Reddick
Outfield Tier 2:
Travis Snider, Dexter Fowler, Ryan Raburn, Chris Goghlan, Yasiel Puig, Joc Pederson, Kole Calhoun, Jose Tabata, Denard Span
Mike’s Top Six Team Stacks
Pirates – McCutchen, Marte, Kang, Harrison, Cervelli
Astros – Altuve, Tucker, Springer, Castro, Valbuena
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, Colabello, Martin
Rockies – Tulowitzki, Rosario, LeMahieu, McKenry
Angels – Trout, Aybar, Pujols, Calhoun
Cubs – Rizzo, Bryant, Fowler, Coghlan, Montero
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.